Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchman prices???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
Really KI - 400 crowns for a level 70 henchman, 200 for a level 60, 100 for for a level 50? Incredible!!!!! Cannot believe you soak your customers like this. Sometimes a henchman is the only way to get through a challenge, but the price now are way to much.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Yeah, what is with the raise in the henchmen prices. A lot of us depend on those henchemen to play the game. And 400 crowns for a level 70 henchmen. You've got to be kidding KI. Do I get a house and a new outfit with it? And the prices on the new clothing in Zafaria is outrageous. I can find better stats and lower prices items else where. By making the henchmen and clothing so expensive, you have now excluded some hard working people and their kids! Is Wizard 101 just for the wealthy now? KI make your henchmen lower priced plz. Sometimes I was using at least 5 henchmen is each battle. When you get to Mooshu, DS. CL and now Zafaria we are going to need those henchmen.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
Yes, they are a lot but you can get 2500 crowns for $5. So I think they shoiuld just make $5 more then just 2500 crowns... :?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
TomInVA2 wrote:
Really KI - 400 crowns for a level 70 henchman, 200 for a level 60, 100 for for a level 50? Incredible!!!!! Cannot believe you soak your customers like this. Sometimes a henchman is the only way to get through a challenge, but the price now are way to much.

There is a forum started on this very same issue in Ravenwood Commons.

Everyone so far agrees. The prices should be returned to the original such as 50 crowns for level 50, 60 for 60 and it should hold true for level 70.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It's like the old "Crazy Eddie" electronics commercials of yesteryear. His aren't the only prices that are insane. :?

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
TomInVA2 wrote:

well was playing by myself and getting henchmen, now will just have to unsubscribe when i have finished all the quest i can do by myself. have two accounts lucky for me some had already finshed the required quest for Zafaria. was going to do the others but unless i get lucky and find someone to do( thropugh this door quest) with I will not be taking a lot of my wizards there. almost at the end of playing this game because the prices are just to high for me.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Henchman prices are crazy. Hired level 7 life Henchman and all it did was heal itself. Never healed anyone else and only threw spell occasionally. Same with level 6 life henchman. Have used a few other henchmen and they are really not that good. Liked the other henchmen better and I am opposed to paying the prices. I play alone a lot. With the cost of gardening, buying mega pet snacks to raise up pets, buying crown clothes, better mounts, expensive homes, and other things from crown shop those of us with money to pay to better our wizards it does seem unfair to those who can't, we still do not want to pay ridiculous prices for henchmen that are not as good as the ones that came before. It is really not fair for those who cannot afford as many crowns as some of us can. Costs are going up too high. The jump in price is way over the top. Really not fair to those who cannot afford very many crowns. I believe many people will quit playing considering the price increase. I know I will not be using henchmen as often and I think KI will lose money. More henchmen for less money as opposed to very few for way to high prices are not going to pay off, IMO. Maybe they will make about the same amount, but players are going to quit playing so money for other things we buy with crowns will lower the money KI had coming in.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I have been playing Wizard 101 for three years now and may have to quit the game. The high cost of henchman is simply to much, and since
I do not have a lot of money, the cost of playing and the high cost of living these days is more than I can take care of. To bad, cause I do love this game. Wintertusk is my favorite place, and Zafaria is ok but not comparable. To bad, Kings Isle, cause you have a great thing going here, but I know when it is getting to expensive. I will as stay if I get help with the fights but if I cannot then I must leave and my children, three of them will have to leave also. I know they will be screaming at me for more and more crowns and I simply cannot afford it. Sadly I will miss your game. If my children start yelling at me for the crowns, we are are done.
Kelly Spiritcatcher

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
Agree... ridiculous prices for little return. Seems Wizards got big enough for them to hire financial analysts that are looking at every potential to keep their profits high over all else. You could price your customers right out of the game, once reasonably priced. I myself am on the verge... basically due to the weak support for furniture upgrades... but that's another issue.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
I know right! If KI doesn't lower the prices of hemchmen, I'm never buying henchmen again.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011

I could not believe how much the crown cost of a henchman is now. There goes a good idea gone sour. For that price, they should not fizzle-ever, cast only good spell cards, and give themselves a few pixies or sprites. They should last an entire quest for that matter.

How horrible for the younger children who can no longer get a henchman to assist them in battles, from reading some of the other comments from parents with children on this game. Disheartened Players.

My thought on this is it appears the new world of Zafaria brings new issues that are seemingly severe and perhaps critical level issues, affecting loyal, paying Players, with full memberships.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
mare62 wrote:
Yeah, what is with the raise in the henchmen prices. A lot of us depend on those henchemen to play the game. And 400 crowns for a level 70 henchmen. You've got to be kidding KI. Do I get a house and a new outfit with it? And the prices on the new clothing in Zafaria is outrageous. I can find better stats and lower prices items else where. By making the henchmen and clothing so expensive, you have now excluded some hard working people and their kids! Is Wizard 101 just for the wealthy now? KI make your henchmen lower priced plz. Sometimes I was using at least 5 henchmen is each battle. When you get to Mooshu, DS. CL and now Zafaria we are going to need those henchmen.

I agree on what you said about the henchman and the new zafaria outfits mare62, there are even quests that are out there that are taking to long to do, come on KI, 8 or 10 fire lion ravagers for a Spear or for whatever items they have, KI has turned Zafaria into another Dragonspyre back when I first started playing this game and when we had to fight 12 Knights instead of just 5 Knights, KI has turned Zafaria from a total Wonder World into a total Dragsville (meaning its taking to long to complete each quest).

Survivor
May 07, 2010
I was wary when Celestia hit and potions became almost necessary and expensive.

Now it has gouge creep has spread to henchman.

I will not be renewing my subscription and I now see that the F2P model is a dead end. These games work on the notion that a few players will support all the freeloaders. But that just isn't the case. Its sad, because I think this game had a nice balance between cash shop and gameplay for awhile. That balance is gone.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I agree prices agree crazy i used 70 minion and all it did was heal itself more thenme but only sometimez me 400 crowns what a rip

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
hela3 wrote:
Not to bad, but they are on the high-end side.

"High-end side"? Really? That is a major understatement. It is BAD practice to take an item that sells and make that kind of MARKUP in any business.

When you look at the whole with the current economy this is BAD business. If you bought a gallon of milk yesterday for $3.98 and today it is $4.98. A gallon of fuel for your car today may be $3.59 and tomorrow $4.09. These prices are only examples but are also very close to what is happening in some parts of this country. Are you going to be able to buy those crowns or even keep your sub? Yes, even these things are bad business, but not much we can do about them. We have to feed our kids and get back and forth to work in order to do so. But, as much as I love playing wizard, my family still comes first. I am not going to purchase crowns to waste on henchmen at this rate. I used to try to keep a few crowns for the purpose of hiring them, but if I buy crowns now, it will be for a specific item unless KI sees fit to return the henchmen to what they were at 1 crown for every level.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
hgchatham wrote:
Yes, they are a lot but you can get 2500 crowns for $5. So I think they shoiuld just make $5 more then just 2500 crowns... :?

Really? You really thought someone (anyone) wanted to read such a bitter and sarcastic remark? grow up if you cant help move on he has a valid complaint if it isnt yours then skip the post stop trying to prove you are a company man.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
And not only are they expensive, but the level 50 life henchman is a total rip off. Twice I've hired him and all he did was heal himself. FIVE times he healed himself while my health just kept going down and finally I was defeated while he was in perfect health. I will NEVER buy henchman again! I think that KingsIsle is being penny wise and dollar foolish; yes, I paid for henchman twice so they got 800 of my crowns but now I won't do it any more.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
hgchatham wrote:

Really? You really thought someone (anyone) wanted to read such a bitter and sarcastic remark? grow up if you cant help move on he has a valid complaint if it isnt yours then skip the post stop trying to prove you are a company man.

You tell him Sojourna!!!!

At the current price for Henchmen, IF I buy crowns, I will use them for something that is going to last me through the game or until I find something better. I WILL NOT PAY THIS PRICE FOR HENCHMEN.

I have played a couple of other FREE online games that also use crowns with a similar price to what KI has now. BUT
they did not do this kind of price increase for any item or help.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
As a person that buys crowns I have to say the price is outrageous!!! The way I feel about this price hike is that if I have to pay this price I should be able to use my henchmen for an hour or two. If you did it this way then I would find the price a lil bit more acceptable. But as it is we can only use the henchmen in one battle. If I am gonna pay 400 crowns a pop then I should be able to utilize them for more than one battle.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
Yes the prices are way to high , when i started the new world , the crown page loads very slow and before i knew it i had spent a 1000 crowns on henchman , went back to check and like to have had a heart attack at the prices . So I tried scrolling down to level 40 henchmen which do an excellent job of keeping you alive but the crown shop loads to slow and I am lucky if I can buy one before my time runs out.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
vashd1 wrote:
Yes the prices are way to high , when i started the new world , the crown page loads very slow and before i knew it i had spent a 1000 crowns on henchman , went back to check and like to have had a heart attack at the prices . So I tried scrolling down to level 40 henchmen which do an excellent job of keeping you alive but the crown shop loads to slow and I am lucky if I can buy one before my time runs out.

I know this forum is in regard to the henchmen and I have posted here as well.

Vashd1, check your backpack. If you have a lot of stuff in it, crowns shop will be very slow to load. Remove excess gear and housing items. This should help.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
UPDATE.

Professor Greyrose has posted a reply to some of the other subject posts regarding the henchmen. Just look for them and read her REPLY. KI is listening to us. I just hope to see our old henchmen and prices returned to normal soon.

Thank you KI for listening.