Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

*new* Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
You will notice that the previous Henchmen for level 50 and 60 have been removed and replaced with these upgraded Henchmen. They cost more but they are MUCH stronger!

Frankly, I found that the change in appearance of these henchman made them much more like "minions" than hiring henchman. I dont like it, I like hiring wizards to help wizards.

The raise in cost is apalling, they do not do much more than they did before, and are no longer reasonably priced for a single battle companion.

Other than a few tests, I have not, and will not purchase anymore henchman until KI at least gives us a response. They have been reviewing things for months now. KI whats going on?

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
I hate to bring up an old subject, but I am new to the game and would like to know if the problems with the "new" henchmen have been fixed before I spend more money on them? Can anyone please respond and let me know?

On a side note I'm a little offended that no one from KI has responded to these post in quiet some time. The last one i saw was from prof Greyrose said they were re-evaluating or whatever. I thought the developers of this game actually listened to their customers. Was i wrong in thinking this?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jfiske1983 wrote:
I hate to bring up an old subject, but I am new to the game and would like to know if the problems with the "new" henchmen have been fixed before I spend more money on them? Can anyone please respond and let me know?

On a side note I'm a little offended that no one from KI has responded to these post in quiet some time. The last one i saw was from prof Greyrose said they were re-evaluating or whatever. I thought the developers of this game actually listened to their customers. Was i wrong in thinking this?

Jfiske1983, as for the "new" henchmen being fixed, supposedly they were, but their price is still higher than many of us care to pay.

I know there are some that will say they are ok with the new henchmen, but there are those of us that would rather have the old henchmen back that looked like wizards instead of these new monsters. I haven't and won't hire anything over level 40 if and when I need one.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
jfiske1983 wrote:

Jfiske1983, as for the "new" henchmen being fixed, supposedly they were, but their price is still higher than many of us care to pay.

I know there are some that will say they are ok with the new henchmen, but there are those of us that would rather have the old henchmen back that looked like wizards instead of these new monsters. I haven't and won't hire anything over level 40 if and when I need one.

Goldendragon -- "ditto"...

And if the henchmen are still healing only themselves and each other, I don't think they are fixed. :(

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
wizard101freak78 wrote:
Why on earth increase the price though!? I've used a few henchmen in the game. They were helpful dont get me wrong. I used my other account on test though and i will never be using the henchmen again?

1. As above the price has just gone insane...
2. Why are they animals...? I prefered it just being a normal wizard....
3. I don't think they're powerful at all! I hired a fire one, he used some pretty weak attacks!
4. The life one has lost my vote. They dont even heal you anymore.

I guess we all have different opinions.... But i know i wont be hiring henchmen anymore
I agree. They need to stick to the old prices! When I get a W101 gift card,I use the Crowns up really fast. I only use them to buy minions! Once on Christmas,I got a gift card for W101 and I used the Crowns up in a day. KI,you need to switch the prices back to normal,make the minions better,and switch the minions back to normal Wizards! :(

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The only "new" henchman that I don't mind using is Salvus (life, level 50). He heals me, attacks, and will sometimes cast Spirit Armour- well worth the extra cash.

The others are a different story. I just sent Sestiva (my level 35 diviner) into Counterweight West with a level 40 Life henchman. As it were, I died pretty quickly (3 enemies + Storm's terrible health equals almost instant defeat)- the henchman then proceeded to PASS for TEN TURNS, attacked with a Seraph, and finally cast a Pixie on HERSELF before getting defeated the next round. I paid real money for this, yet I had to sit there and WATCH this disaster unfold, unable to call on friends or bring another henchman in for backup.

Sal does a great job (and I'll be keeping him around), but his cronies are overpriced and don't do what we pay them for.