Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

*new* Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Administrator
New level 50, 60 and 70 Henchmen are now available in the Crown Shop. You will notice that the previous Henchmen for level 50 and 60 have been removed and replaced with these upgraded Henchmen. They cost more but they are MUCH stronger!

<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/november2011#henchmen" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/november2011#henchmen</a>

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 31, 2011
I just tried out the level 60 Life, Death, and Ice henchman.

I can't say at this time that I have noticed much difference, except in the life henchman. He caste a number of healing spells and except for one they were all on himself. That is not the reason I purchase a Life henchman. I must say so for I am very disappointed and do not feel they are worth extreme inflation.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Um, so no more wizard henchmen for level 50, 60, or 70? I was going to use the wizards because I don't have much crowns left, but I guess I'll just have the use the creatures. :S

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
safyrmoon wrote:

I can't say at this time that I have noticed much difference, except in the life henchman. He caste a number of healing spells and except for one they were all on himself. That is not the reason I purchase a Life henchman. I must say so for I am very disappointed and do not feel they are worth extreme inflation.

I had posted something on the Test Realm section, but it closed down.

I also hired Life, Death, and two Ice, Level 60 and I was also disappointed. The Life healed himself the whole battle, even though he had full health and had not taken a hit.

The Death did cast one or two spells in the beginning, but then he latched onto the "Minus 40% to all enemies" and that's all there was from him.

The Ice did cast one (maybe two) spells, then found MegaTaunt, and no more power spells from them.

I also did try a Storm henchman. He was great. Power, not a lot of fizzles. Awesome boosts on his gear too.

But I was looking for healing and power, and got neither from the other ones.

And did you notice the gear on the henchmen (in the Test Realm -- not sure if it made it to Live Realm)? They were carrying a sword AND a SHIELD. And one of them (forgot which one) was carrying TWO SWORDS...

But I still think it's a lot of crowns for Level 60 and 70 henchman. Going to have to think first before hiring them too often... :?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2011
i had the same problem, the level 70 life henchman healed himself repeatedly without taking any actual damage, leaving those of us who had taken damage to die

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
I too do not like the increased price in the higher level henchmen. I do not have a lot of friends I can count on to help me with certain dungeons, so I like to hire them when I have trouble with tough bosses. The inflation is going to make me think about how I play the game.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Please give the old henchmen back! I can't see any use in paying 400 crowns for something that will last only 1 battle.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I tried the level 70 life and the level 60 life. Both healed themselves on 1st turn and then attacked. Neither cast any heals on party. As expensive as these new henchmen are, the players who use them,deserve more. In summation: Heavily over-priced,and not as useful as old henchmen. I would not recommend these new henchmen to anyone.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Rediculous pricing KI, it used to be 60 crowns for a level 60 henchman and 50 crowns for a level 50 and so on. Now it's 200 crowns for a level 60 henchman? You do realize that this is more than THREE TIMES THE PRICE it was before! And 400 is more than five times the price the henchman should be! KI I think you went flat out wrong on this choice. It kind of makes me reconsider buying crowns.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
New level 50, 60 and 70 Henchmen are now available in the Crown Shop. You will notice that the previous Henchmen for level 50 and 60 have been removed and replaced with these upgraded Henchmen. They cost more but they are MUCH stronger!

https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/november2011#henchmen

They're completely worthless now, and totally out of the budget of any 8 or 10 year olds with a small allowance that they spend on crowns.

60 crowns for a level 60 henchman was steep for those kids anyway, and now not only is the price way out of the ball park, judging by the comments on this thread the development team also didn't pay attention to the beta tester comments on the test port.

Expect a sharp drop in people using or caring about henchmen until this is fixed correctly, with your youngest customers in mind.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Not happy with the new henchmen or the inflation. This inflation knocks out a lot of your players - children and hard-working middle class. Where are we supposed to get money for 400 crown henchmen. KI you really goofed on this one. And I am angry!!! I was bringing in at least five henchmen sometimes in a battle. All level 60 at 60 crowns - That is 300 crowns. Now I won't go near them. That is now Zero revenue for KI. At least you made money before. And, now I have to wait for someone to help me which again means the game gets turned off. Why bother? So, I don't have the option to go solo anymore? Talk about discrimnation against the people who are having enough trouble affording the crowns they are getting. And as for the weird henchmen. I liked the old ones. Henchmen are not called in battle to look weird. They are in battle with us to cast spells and keep us alive. Also, read the new Life henchmen heals itself foregetting about the player. What the heck is the use of that?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I'm in full agreement with the posts about the pricing. I solo a lot because i play from 11pm to 7am and don't have friends on. Please reconsider the pricing. it is way out of my budget to get a henchmen now then the other point with it only lasting one fight that is totally way over priced. you Might consider turn henchmen in to an elixir that will last 30 to 40 minutes then i would feel i was getting my crowns worth.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I tried the new henchman, the life guy healed himself the whole battle even though he never took a hit, and the Myth guy used Earthquake and removed all the traps I had built up. It used to be that when going solo i could use a henchman to help with some of the high level bosses (Celestia, Wintertusk &c). Now with the inflated cost, I will have to wait for someone to come along since I can no longer afford to use the henchman. In all, I think the change has been detrimental to the game.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I find the increase in henchmen really upsetting. I already pay for 4 subscriptions. I also buy crowns quite often for my family. I don't mind spending money on a game that I enjoy, but literally tripling the price for a one use item is rather unfair. I think I will have to stop buying crowns until more fair prices are introduced for the henchmen. I refuse to pay 400 crowns for a one use item that doesn't even work properly. The AI seems broken. The henchmen aren't doing what they used to do. The new henchmen are very pretty to look at. I would be able to enjoy them if they weren't so expensive and functioned properly.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
I agree with the posts about the new henchmen. I mainly used the 60 life henchman because it was a great healer. The new one just doesn't cut it for me.I was in a battle and got the level 60 henchmen. At first he had a satyr ready for me and it fizzled. That was the only healing spell he had for me. I could always depend on the old level 60 henchmen to help me when I was ready to die in battle. Please bring back the old one, she was a real help . :-(

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
Definitely do not like either the looks of the new henchman nor the price. Would rather have the old ones back and price adjusted. I like to solo so this puts me out of the ball park esp. when I'm online at the hours not many others are.

Sorry KI in this wizards opinion this is a definite fail.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
KI,

At least give us the option to get a level 50-60 wizard henchmen for 50-60 crowns. leave the level 70 as a mob type if you have too.... Because if you leave it this way i dare say your $$$s is gonna go way down. I as a parent cant justify buying the crowns for my kids to blow up to 400 for one henchmen. It limits their fun and soon they wont even want to play because they cant play like they want too and then I will need to shut down the family accouts. I dont think i am the only parent that feels this way.

ellie

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Defender
May 31, 2011
Ok, so I refuse to spend my hard earn money on the new henchmen. I have been using the level 40 life and she has been doing a much better job on keeping me alive and this was in Celestia.

I went to hire her today and now she is 36 crowns instead of 40 which is nice, but if this is your sales team's only response to the numerous complaints, someone on KI needs to sit down and talk with them because they are seriously out of touch! I can see 100 crowns for the highest henchmen IF the life henchman doses its job and keeps the others alive, but 200 and 400 crowns for only one battle is just ridiculously overpriced and reducing the price by 4 crowns on a level 40 henchmen is not going to appease your very disappointed consumers.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
safyrmoon wrote:

Amen to that....dido

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
The new henchmen are just useless and overpriced, and by the look of the coments what you thought was going to be more money for KI will in fact be a loss of money, good going

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
I sorta like the old henchmen better, but these ones will do too :).

Are you really that willing and ABLE to afford and spend that many crowns (cash out of pocket) for henchmen that are unreliable or go back to the original with original pricing for henchmen that actually worked?

I am NOT.

I say return them to original condition at 1 crown per level. I don't see many players paying out hard earned money to be thrown away in a battle.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
I have played pretty regulary for about 2 years now. I have utilized the henchmen on several occassions. I have thus far been very entertained by the game. However, after logging in this morning and entered a battle, I was shocked with the high costs of the henchmen. I gave them a try and noticed that none of the henchmen that I OVERPAID for did anything spectacular.

I was expecting far more than what I noticed. The life henchman only healed himself. The ice and myth henchmen did very little other than drain my crowns.

From the looks of things it appears that I am not the only player that is unimpressed and upset by the price gouge and lackluster performance of the henchmen. The old henchmen were better.

If the prices are not reduced, or the henchmens' performance is not improved I will be canceling my membership. I urge others to do the same and send the message that this is ridiculous.

Anna Rubyblood
level 59 Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 12, 2011
Why on earth increase the price though!? I've used a few henchmen in the game. They were helpful dont get me wrong. I used my other account on test though and i will never be using the henchmen again?

1. As above the price has just gone insane...
2. Why are they animals...? I prefered it just being a normal wizard....
3. I don't think they're powerful at all! I hired a fire one, he used some pretty weak attacks!
4. The life one has lost my vote. They dont even heal you anymore.

I guess we all have different opinions.... But i know i wont be hiring henchmen anymore