Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Feeding

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2011
Cyrilla64 wrote:
My pet is equipped and I see the button that we are suppose to push to feed it, but it is grayed out. What am I missing? I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. Help! lol

Cyrilla
you must play a game at pet petpavillion and at the end of the game they will let you feed your pet

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Okay to all who want a new way to train pets go to: https://www.wizard101.com/onlinegames/grubguardian that is where you play a game with your own pet energy, if your are trying to get experience, and get a small amount of experience out of game. and to all who have too may pet snacks if you play for experience you can feed your pet snacks. for all who didn't know this there you go! for all who did good for you!

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
kevinchau3 wrote:
Well, I been feeding my pet the matching type of it(like storm food feed to storm pet etc.)and it has grown into a adult real quick! :D
Same if ya wanna get your pets to epic quick use pet snacks you match with their school! If it is a Pig it will love fish if a fire cat it love peppers but only ones of it's school. notice the pattern?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
well i had idea about mounts like some have wings and some dont. i think it would be really cool if wizard101 made mounts with wings able to fly high and for them to do Emotes / or feed them too :P From
Mark Ashtamer
Quote could note find a page about mounts to write about so i did the closest it could do and did the pet thing.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
PLEASE mack a person hard to find when lvl 90s come out that has mega pet snacks to sell like the "piky stick". I am haveing hard time with my pets, its hard to level them up. I got only 1 ancent, 3 or 4 adults, and maybe 2 teens. Its hard because wondering aroung you get bad pet snacks. SO....... if you could do that it would be grate to find a person that would sell mega pet snacks. :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
fire200h wrote:
Cyrilla64 wrote:
My pet is equipped and I see the button that we are suppose to push to feed it, but it is grayed out. What am I missing? I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. Help! lol

Cyrilla
you must play a game at pet petpavillion and at the end of the game they will let you feed your pet

No, s/he is asking about the button in our backpacks that allows us to feed items (robes, etc.) to our pets.

To feed a pet something that's in your backpack, click on the item, then on the icon that looks like a pig eating gold- don't forget to OK the pop-up when prompted. If the icon is greyed out, it's because the item is equipped (you're wearing it) or it can't be fed to your pets (ie: houses and treasure cards).

sparky123403h wrote:
well i had idea about mounts like some have wings and some dont. i think it would be really cool if wizard101 made mounts with wings able to fly high and for them to do Emotes / or feed them too From
Mark Ashtamer
Quote could note find a page about mounts to write about so i did the closest it could do and did the pet thing.

Hi, Mark- neat idea, wrong board. Any ideas you have for in-game improvements belong in The Dorms... it was designed for that reason, and you'll likely get a better response there.

-

So far, I usually get gold for feeding, though I've also gotten TCs, reagents (even aether once!), and pet XP. This works well for me, since the games do get tedious and I don't have the time or crowns to maintain a garden anymore.

Happy travels,
El Veeb/Shadowsong

Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
I mainly feed my pet, pet snacks from pack, or ones aquired from in-game or KIgames. But accasionally I feed non-sellable Items I don't want, or crowns-only items also to my pets. Some times you dont get gold, but the better the Item, the better the chance for gold and pet improvement. I think its all a "all by chance" kinda thing. And, its a roll of the dice for the most part.

-Me