Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talos banned from pvps!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
I am level 35 death wizard.I used to be a pvp knight with the record of 54 wins and 12 loses(i had always used talos treasure cards)but suddenly i saw that talos has been banned from pvp! Now i am a corporal with record of 55 wins and 38 loses.
Why was been talos banned?

Though i have a 60 myth who has talos spell but being 60 i face problems fighting other 60s.But yet i need talos for my other wizards.So does anyone know why is talos banned from pvp?

Ian Soulthief 35 necromancer
Ian Lionbreath 60 conjurer

Historian
May 01, 2010
hari1911 wrote:
I am level 35 death wizard.I used to be a pvp knight with the record of 54 wins and 12 loses(i had always used talos treasure cards)but suddenly i saw that talos has been banned from pvp! Now i am a corporal with record of 55 wins and 38 loses.

Though i have a 60 myth who has talos spell but being 60 i face problems fighting other 60s.But yet i need talos for my other wizards.So does anyone know why is talos banned from pvp?

And there goes the problem I predicted a while ago... Anyway, they banned it because of people that abused the spell. Ever see the low level matches? That is exactly why they banned it, 7/10 they used a talos treasure cards and the sheer power of them could win over the battle. Which, I say if they were to ban this, then ban: power link, frozen armor, brilliant light, availing hands, virulent plague, and insane bolt from pvp, and if not, just unban it and just level cap it.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
hari1911 wrote:
I am level 35 death wizard.I used to be a pvp knight with the record of 54 wins and 12 loses(i had always used talos treasure cards)

oops typo!
I think you meant to say Talos had a record of 54 wins and 12 losses.
You actually didnt do that much, except summon him.

Wow and its not even your school. You relied on a myth spell to carry your death.
Now you know why it was banned... ugh

gg talos.. gg

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
hari1911 wrote:

And there goes the problem I predicted a while ago... Anyway, they banned it because of people that abused the spell. Ever see the low level matches? That is exactly why they banned it, 7/10 they used a talos treasure cards and the sheer power of them could win over the battle. Which, I say if they were to ban this, then ban: power link, frozen armor, brilliant light, availing hands, virulent plague, and insane bolt from pvp, and if not, just unban it and just level cap it.

lvl cap would be best

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Talos was banned because of all of the complainers (Yes, I understand that everything is blamed on the complainers, but I actually saw people do it).

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
hari1911 wrote:

That's the red button: low levels farmed or brought an army of Talos, then unleashed them into Ranked pvp until they reached warlord. So they banned the card so no "unfair minions" will be used in battles like this.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
hari1911 wrote:

Why shouldn't it be banned? It was used abused by lower levels who got to high ranks because of it. Say a 25 and a 23 are facing each other 1v1. The 25 is most likely to win, but the 23 summons talos and talos starts gaining power pips and using earthquake with blades and traps. Not only does the 25 lose their blades, but most of them don't have universal resist. So with talos summoned the 23 almost automaticly wins. In higher leveled PvP its not a problem because in almost all your attacks your doing over 1,000 damage, but for a 25 the highest they do is probably 800ish. Thats why the treasure is banned from PvP. Not to mention your not really being fair to people you faced by using talos becuase that wizard they have is probably the only one they have and they don't know you can buy an extremely strong minion which at 35 is probably unstoppable at the bazaar for like 1,000+ gold.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
Talos was banned because of all of the complainers (Yes, I understand that everything is blamed on the complainers, but I actually saw people do it).

Wrong it was banned becuase of low levels abusing his power. I somewhat agree with slammer111 but the actual card wasn't banned its treasure was.
I do think that they should just bring it back and level cap it 55+ because thats the level conjurers get the spell. I can't believe this, but for once the complainers actually complained about an actual issue, which if wasn't dealed with lower leveled PvP would be trashed.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
hari1911 wrote:

because it's way too powerful for people your level and under to use in pvp, that's why.

It should never have been allowed in pvp to begin with.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Oh well guess what? Now you have to learn how to duel honorably and actually try hard to develop a good deck and strategize. the rewards are bigger personally. The biggest payoff? You begin to understand the mechanics of every other school by adjusting your style to overcome your own weaknesses against the opponent.

no more looking for easy way outs. Use your brain, get into the arena and kick butt.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
hari1911 wrote:
I am level 35 death wizard.I used to be a pvp knight with the record of 54 wins and 12 loses(i had always used talos treasure cards)

oops typo!
I think you meant to say Talos had a record of 54 wins and 12 losses.
You actually didnt do that much, except summon him.

Wow and its not even your school. You relied on a myth spell to carry your death.
Now you know why it was banned... ugh

gg talos.. gg
Hahahaha... Talos was asked to leave low level pvp For exactly this reason and briefly objected before leaving peacefully. Kingsisle should be applauded to listening to the pvp community and resolving this and many other real issues.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
hari1911 wrote:

Why do you think you had much more wins then losses? Because you DEPENDED on Talos. Everyone did, and that's why they changed it. It's allowed as a normal card btw.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
If they got rid of Talos, it makes no sense to keep Insane Bolt... it's a matter of time before Low levels get their hands on it, looking for the new high level spell to turn to. After Insane Bolt, it's gonna be Power Link, and then Efreet, Medusa, Snow Angel, etc. Just put a level cap on all of the high level spells, it'll make those that fight fairly worth their while...

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
lucara wrote:
Then Efreet, Medusa, Snow Angel, etc.
If you are too low of a level you can't have power pips. 8 piped spells can not be summoned with seven pips.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
scotttttttttt wrote:
lucara wrote:
Then Efreet, Medusa, Snow Angel, etc.
If you are too low of a level you can't have power pips. 8 piped spells can not be summoned with seven pips.

Have you seen the Ring of Refreshment in the Shopping District, gives 30 Health, 30 Mana, and 2% Power pip chance, lvl 5+. With my lvl 5 Death, i have gotten a power pip or 2 in a number of matches.
I know 2% doesn't seem like a lot, but there is still the chance.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I think it was because lower levels kept abusing them in pvp. Honestly, I think that a level requirement would be good.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
i think this is unfair to myth even though i dont have a myth student. i think this is because of lower lvls in pvp using talos or something i am not entirely sure

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

Wrong it was banned becuase of low levels abusing his power. I somewhat agree with slammer111 but the actual card wasn't banned its treasure was.
I do think that they should just bring it back and level cap it 55+ because thats the level conjurers get the spell. I can't believe this, but for once the complainers actually complained about an actual issue, which if wasn't dealed with lower leveled PvP would be trashed.

I was talking about people who were complaining about the low levels abusing him though.