Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maximum allowable resist for ranked pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2010

What is the maximum allowable resist for ranked pvp?
I have heard that the max is 52%. Is that correct?

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
the maximum resist possible is the highest resist possible i have seen it a 55% but i think the highest atm is 57%

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
the maximum resist possible is the highest resist possible i have seen it a 55% but i think the highest atm is 57%

Ok ty. Now, what i mean by this is whether or not it simply shows that resist on your stats or whether it not only shows it on your stats, but actually manifests as such during the battle.

For example.
If someone has a resist that is listed as 60% lets just say, does that mean that he takes 40% of the damage? Or will the game treat him like his ranked pvp resist was capped at 52% and therefore he takes 48% of the damage?
Thanks

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
he would do the maximum resist and take the rest of the damage

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
geneva111 wrote:
hanable33 wrote:

Ok ty. Now, what i mean by this is whether or not it simply shows that resist on your stats or whether it not only shows it on your stats, but actually manifests as such during the battle.

For example.
If someone has a resist that is listed as 60% lets just say, does that mean that he takes 40% of the damage? Or will the game treat him like his ranked pvp resist was capped at 52% and therefore he takes 48% of the damage?
Thanks
sorry meant universal resist the most single school resist is 72%

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
You can have as much resist as you want. I used to have a resist of about 72.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
52% resist is the most amount of resist your allowed to have in a wizard101 central tournament. Normal pvp has no rules.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009