Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Players Skipping Worlds

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 05, 2009
I cannot tell you how many times I have run into a level 15-30 in Celestia. I'm a friendly person, so, I ask, "What are you doing here?" instead of a rash approach. 99.9% tell me that they are doing quests above their world (skipping worlds). I even have a friend who is in Mooshu and is level 52. Doesn't get much worse than that.

I think that KI should take away the ability for players to get quests that are above their world. It is very unfair that they get to skip the work when we got to that world fair and square. It is also annoying having a level 5 join your battle and pass every turn, expecting you to heal (and spamming you with "Heal me" if you don't). And if you tell them off, they report you and tell you that you are being a bully.

I'm sure others agree, and if you are going to say "They are being bullied", it is only because they are doing the above.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
tomtom500 wrote:
I cannot tell you how many times I have run into a level 15-30 in Celestia. I'm a friendly person, so, I ask, "What are you doing here?" instead of a rash approach. 99.9% tell me that they are doing quests above their world (skipping worlds). I even have a friend who is in Mooshu and is level 52. Doesn't get much worse than that.

I think that KI should take away the ability for players to get quests that are above their world. It is very unfair that they get to skip the work when we got to that world fair and square. It is also annoying having a level 5 join your battle and pass every turn, expecting you to heal (and spamming you with "Heal me" if you don't). And if you tell them off, they report you and tell you that you are being a bully.

I'm sure others agree, and if you are going to say "They are being bullied", it is only because they are doing the above.

Crowns players can buy any area in the spiral. Once they do, they are free to play and get any quest made available to them. Crowns areas are permanently open to them, so I don't see that KI is going to restrict them from what they have paid for.

No I am not a crowns player.

If a level 5 joins your battle uninvited, your best bet is just to ignore them. As long as you don't use bad language and they report you, then they are breaking the rules for false reporting.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Just ignore these players as goldendragon18 said. Also, there might be more to these players than you thought, for example, my friend is level 56 in ds, did she do any quests in worlds she didnt have access to? Nope. She simply did Wintertusk when she was level 40 (lots of help, and she finished ms AFTER completeing wt) and she had complete access to that world, no porting, nothing. Also, does any of you remember the update to quests? I cant seem to find it, it was around 4 months ago (guessing) in the update notes, and was saying that they did put a level cap on quests.

Getting back on topic: Have you noticed that quests in cl actually appear AFTER you complete a storyline quest? Not being accessable before you complete it? I have noticed a lot of them like that...

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
whats the problem with it? i mean ya i am one of those who do that oh and i am saying so much thank yous to you because you did not say noob so ya i am one of them but why, i am having trouble doing my stuff and my friends barley come on so i dont really get help so i skipped world to get more XP then i could get spells that help me and more mana and health so its kinda a method

Defender
Jun 14, 2010

It's ok, let them skip worlds if they want.
All they're doing is digging themselves into a messy, disorganized hole.
Certain spells you only get once you complete a given world.
Once they get to a high enough level, they will see that their spell collection is incomplete. Then they gotta go back and try to figure out what world to go to, what NPC to talk to, etc...
Big mess..

Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
What is the correct order of Worlds? I am a crowns player (pay per year) and I have quests all over a lot of worlds. Do you mean they will expire if I don't go back and complete them all within a certain amount of time? I know some I have had for over a year. I just turned level 41 and today was in Mooshoo. I have open quests in Marleybone, Grizzleheim and I think one more to do in Wysteria. I didn't see anything about an order. But I did take almost a year off and just recently came back to play again about a month ago.

I tend to move around if I encounter an area too hard to do without help. I go do something I can solo then come back later when I've gained a level or a new spell or gear. Makes sense to me.

I don't really like people porting in to "help" without asking me first. Whether they are lower levels or higher levels. Sometimes I just want the challenge to do the quest myself and really take the time to read all the material. Too many times I feel rushed and don't even know what happened when multiple people are helping on a large quest. And we can't repeat these so I want to experience it all.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
I agree with the initial poster. It is very annoying when low level players join high level boss fights. Not only is it annoying, they are taking up a fighters slot that could be put to better use, say, by a minion to assist in the battle, or a high level healer. I understand people pay crowns for those areas, but they could put a level restriction on the area nonetheless, or perhaps make it only available for purchase once a player has reached that level?

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
I agree, I get annoyed with the "underage porting" as I like to put it.
Anybody remember when you were little and got the message " you will not be able to visit grizzlehiem again till lvl20 "?
Why can't KI put a lvl restriction on Celestia? Something like "I'm sorry young wizard you will not be able to visit Celestia till lvl 50" What's even more mind boggeling is that Wintertusk is written up as being inaccessable till lvl 50, but as long as Ravenscar is done, you can go.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Level restrictions do not necessarily apply to CROWNS PLAYERS. If they buy an area, it is theirs for life. No, I am not crowns player, but put yourself in their shoes. How would you like to pay 1900+ crowns for a higher world then not be able to run it. You would NOT like it. That is cash out of pocket and in the long run costs more if you use crowns to buy every area in the spiral.

I have a friend that has a few accounts and one of them is a crowns account. Every wizard he creates on the crowns account has permanent access to the spiral. There are a few cons to crowns accounts such as not being able to have the full number of friends or items in his backpack unless he subs the account. But in the long run, the pro to crowns account is that if for some reason he can't keep his sub accounts, he will ALWAYS be able to play in every area he has purchased with crowns and to my knowledge he continues to purchase crown areas on that account.

So, you are not going to be able to convince KI to put restrictions on crowns players that can be and are put on sub accounts.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Really i am lvl 53 in celestia and STILL i almost just started those fire crabs. I was lvl 40-? in MS and 30 something in mb and krok. So yes i know. I feel the pain when low lvl players come xD. Well thats all, thanks for reading!

Defender
May 31, 2011
I do not have a problem with lower levels joining, as long as they take care of themselves and don't expect me to babysit them.

As far as healing goes. It is my personal belief that unless you are in an organized group with other agreed arrangements, it is each player's responsibility to put adequate heal spells in their deck and not burden others by expecting to be healed by them. The key word here is expect. I gladly share what heal spells I can spare with fellow players who are contributing to the battle. If someone just sits there, hoping to gain spoils without contributing, they better be able to heal themselves, because I won't be.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
Level restrictions do not necessarily apply to CROWNS PLAYERS. If they buy an area, it is theirs for life. No, I am not crowns player, but put yourself in their shoes. How would you like to pay 1900+ crowns for a higher world then not be able to run it. You would NOT like it. That is cash out of pocket and in the long run costs more if you use crowns to buy every area in the spiral.

I have a friend that has a few accounts and one of them is a crowns account. Every wizard he creates on the crowns account has permanent access to the spiral. There are a few cons to crowns accounts such as not being able to have the full number of friends or items in his backpack unless he subs the account. But in the long run, the pro to crowns account is that if for some reason he can't keep his sub accounts, he will ALWAYS be able to play in every area he has purchased with crowns and to my knowledge he continues to purchase crown areas on that account.

So, you are not going to be able to convince KI to put restrictions on crowns players that can be and are put on sub accounts.

Personally, while I do agree that Low Levels should keep their noses out of our High Level worlds, and if a Low Level joins my battles, I will purposefully withhold healing of the group and spend my pips on Individual heals, I admit that I am somewhat guilty of power leveling my alternate wizards.

A Low Level who is in a world they do not have the key to has no right to complain that they are being 'mistreated' by being told to go back to doing their quests and to stop jumping into advanced battles. While you have paid for the ability to access that world, you have not yet gained proper access to it. I am absolutely joyful about the Legendary Artisan quest being only able to those who rightfully have a place in Zafaria...

Now, of course, Grizzleheim's Sequel (Wintertusk) takes you from Level 40 to Level 52 if done at minimum level, so there will be people of higher level in MS and DS occasionally, that doesn't mean they don't belong there. People below Level 48 and people who haven't completed 'The Final Countdown' do not belong in Celestia, and people who are below Level 60 and haven't completed 'Through This Door' don't belong in Zafaria.

If you are dragging your noob to an Instance to Power Level, keep them with you. Don't drag them into street battles... Is that too much to ask? I seriously don't think so. You can see the new spells from the roadside easier than you can from in the circle.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Johnist wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

Personally, while I do agree that Low Levels should keep their noses out of our High Level worlds, and if a Low Level joins my battles, I will purposefully withhold healing of the group and spend my pips on Individual heals, I admit that I am somewhat guilty of power leveling my alternate wizards.

A Low Level who is in a world they do not have the key to has no right to complain that they are being 'mistreated' by being told to go back to doing their quests and to stop jumping into advanced battles. While you have paid for the ability to access that world, you have not yet gained proper access to it. I am absolutely joyful about the Legendary Artisan quest being only able to those who rightfully have a place in Zafaria...

Now, of course, Grizzleheim's Sequel (Wintertusk) takes you from Level 40 to Level 52 if done at minimum level, so there will be people of higher level in MS and DS occasionally, that doesn't mean they don't belong there. People below Level 48 and people who haven't completed 'The Final Countdown' do not belong in Celestia, and people who are below Level 60 and haven't completed 'Through This Door' don't belong in Zafaria.

If you are dragging your noob to an Instance to Power Level, keep them with you. Don't drag them into street battles... Is that too much to ask? I seriously don't think so. You can see the new spells from the roadside easier than you can from in the circle.

I agree with you Johnist, they don't belong in any area they have not earned from the beginning. Also, I will not heal one that is not invited to join. I ran into this issue last night when I was running my newest life and storm wizard in Knight's Court. There was a storm wizard that only had a little over 600 at full health. So what was he doing there? There is no way that low of a level can survive MB.

Too many times, I have ended up with an extra enemy to fight because of this kind of thing.

I will defend a crowns player up to a certain point, but I think they should also play the game just like those of us that sub.

But as Johnist has stated, if you are power leveling one of your own wizards, KEEP THEM WITH YOU and don't drag them into someone else's battle without their permission. BUT, let them know you have a low level wizard with you. Low level wizards can be a costly distraction. They have a tendancy to totally destroy a setup that a higher wizard has worked hard to set. NOT COOL.

It is really annoying to be down to the last enemy you need to finish a quest then have someone just jump in and drag another one in. And even worse is to jump in then FLEE. If you jump in or get dragged in which does happen quite often, at least stay and help. And it is usually lower levels that do this.

Johnist is also right about seeing the new spells from the sidelines. Much easier to see.