Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunstones

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
Does anyone know how to get sunstones? i know we can transmute them using sandstones but i am not even able to find sandstones.
Is there any formation site of sandstones?

Historian
May 01, 2010
hari1911 wrote:
Does anyone know how to get sunstones? i know we can transmute them using sandstones but i am not even able to find sandstones.

The pylon bosses in Stormriven likes to drop them (especially thunderfin, farthest right).

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
hari1911 wrote:

Sunstones are definitely not easy to come by. I got mine with a mixture of visiting the bazaar (very rare there, best chances are between Friday night and Sunday night). Just return from time to time and you should be able to find a few of them.
Even though it is a lot more work than you (or anyone else for that matter) would like to do, the quickest way will be transmutation. Transmute Stone Block into Sandstone and Sandstone into Sunstone. The two places there are a lot of stone block is Marleybone and Dragonspyre. I got mine fairly quickly in Dragonspyre Academy using the following method. Start in one realm, fly/run/walk from the entrance all the way around to the other end. Go back down to the bottom floor and go up on of the two ramps (the storm and death school are there). There are about seven spots that the stone block forms (you can find a lot of ore there two, it forms in about seven spots). Once you get a path down, i usually takes between 55 and 65 seconds to check and farm for the reagents, then change realms and make the trip backwards to the beginning. Tedious, yes. Easiest way to get a lot of sunstone? Was for me.
Steve
A.K.A Steven Hawk

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Any no auction gear/crown gear you have that you will not use or will never use again is a relatively decent way to get rare reagents. I feed most of my gm gear and all of my seeds to my pets and got a few golden pearls, sun stones, and aethers.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
I can only give some very general information, first sunstone only drops from Celestia bosses, and second, the easier the boss, the lower the drop rate.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Celestia and Waterworks Bosses drop Sandstone and Sunstone.

Sandstone has spawn points in Savannah and Stone Town. You can get Sunstone as a Rare Harvest from Sandstone spawns.

You can acquire Sandstone and Sunstone by feeding pets High Level gear (Level 50+) both No Auction and Auctionable.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Evil Magma Peas and Maelstrom Snap Dragons also drop sunstones. I have gotten quite a few this way.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
may i recomend a garden of fickle pickles or king parsley? No really, I have one wizard who is assigned to tend a giant garden of fickle pickles, I have more sunstones as a result than I usually need (average around 40-60)
just my suggestion, may not work for everyone.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
hari1911 wrote:

In case you still need it, the fansite has a lot of info on sunstones. Check this out:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Sunstone

And on that same page, you can click on sandstones for info on them.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I have four of my wizards gardening Maelstrom Snap Dragons. They drop sandstone, sunstone, pearls, golden pearls, as well as all of the precious gems. I haven't been crafting recently because of questing in the new world and have accumulated over 50 sunstone and 100 golden pearls just from my gardens.