Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp is not balanced

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2011
It really upsets me that every time I go into the arena to pvp im up against level 60 players when im only 34. they win every time. why cant we fight wizards that are close to our levels. please rethink the whole pvp thing, if only to make it more fun ...thank you

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
at least you got a match, I am still sitting here 4 hours later waiting for my match to start! 2v2 with 2 legendary privates, just over 500 rank, and we can't even get a match? I would rather face high rank wizards than none at all.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
PvP and the match ups are so messed up, nobody wants to PvP anymore... That is why you cant find a match anymore, PvP is not what it used to be, nor is it worth the effort anymore!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
rekcus10 wrote:
It really upsets me that every time I go into the arena to pvp im up against level 60 players when im only 34. they win every time. why cant we fight wizards that are close to our levels. please rethink the whole pvp thing, if only to make it more fun ...thank you

If it's in practice pvp, then make a level limit

If it's in ranked pvp, here's how it goes. The higher the rank you get, the more of the chances you'll face someone a higher level then you. Or at least get someone at your rank. As the saying goes: If you can't beat it, join it. If you can't beat a legendary, join them, get yourself to legendary.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

If it's in practice pvp, then make a level limit

If it's in ranked pvp, here's how it goes. The higher the rank you get, the more of the chances you'll face someone a higher level then you. Or at least get someone at your rank. As the saying goes: If you can't beat it, join it. If you can't beat a legendary, join them, get yourself to legendary.

I used to pvp on my magus because less luck was involved, effectively, I pvped on her to get away from legend pvp. So your saying "go back to pvping on a legend."

*sarcasm* Yea, thats defiantly the best way to fix things. *sarcasm*

-Solstice64

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
I agree 100%
It is unmatched to the legendary's advantage and I think they should make it where you fight people within 5 levels of you.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
I understand why you would be upset, but if the level 60 wizards have a rank of 100 and you have a rank a lot higher than them, they will face you. I am not saying I don't agree with you but you also need to think about their ranks, not just their levels. I am a level 61 and I have never faced anyone under level 50. You don't need to get mad because PvP is balanced, the system works.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
It is just awful. I am only a captain level 43 and I get faced against level 70 every time. I am now quitting pvp, due to this terrible level cap raise that i absolutely hate. I am thinking of going back to spamming bolt again.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
All the more so, Whenever i lose to a transcended, I lose like 50 million points.
I am never going to pvp again.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
I understand why you would be upset, but if the level 60 wizards have a rank of 100 and you have a rank a lot higher than them, they will face you. I am not saying I don't agree with you but you also need to think about their ranks, not just their levels. I am a level 61 and I have never faced anyone under level 50. You don't need to get mad because PvP is balanced, the system works.

I have to disagree here. I am level 48 and I have done exactly two pvps ever because both times ( @ 35 and @48) I faced a bunch of legendary wizards. My team barely got off a shot. I expect I have a negative pvp ranking.

I am not sure that being slaughtered with no chance qualifies as "working"

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
Sorry, but as a Legendary Commander Sorcerer, never once have I been matched up with anybody lower than Grandmaster.

Don't get what all the hubbub is about.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jojowild23 wrote:
Sorry, but as a Legendary Commander Sorcerer, never once have I been matched up with anybody lower than Grandmaster.

Not sure how many matches you have ever done, but just because it is something you have never experienced, that means this problem never occurs?

These matchups happen more often than you think, just because you have not gotten one, does not mean they don't happen. Start a new wizard and pvp, you will see yourself at a low level facing legends all the time, then tell us you dont see what all the hubbub is about...

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

Not sure how many matches you have ever done, but just because it is something you have never experienced, that means this problem never occurs?

These matchups happen more often than you think, just because you have not gotten one, does not mean they don't happen. Start a new wizard and pvp, you will see yourself at a low level facing legends all the time, then tell us you dont see what all the hubbub is about...
I just have to chime in here for a second. The matching system is set up to provide a challenge to those who choose to fight at a low level. Many people in my circles make lower and mid level characters for EXACTLY this reason and would probably find another game if it meant waiting 3 hours for an exact level matchup after peak hours. The problem with people these day is they are short sighted and can draw but they are missing the big picture. I would be more worried about matching up with a low level assassin than someone 10 leeks higher lol. Point system is back to normal so matchups are as close as they can be given the volume and range of pvp players. I've never gotten a taste for whine but apparently many people love it...

Only thing that needs changing IMO is either critical Block on arena gear or put people of critical level in their own fighting group.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:
darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

I just have to chime in here for a second. The matching system is set up to provide a challenge to those who choose to fight at a low level. Many people in my circles make lower and mid level characters for EXACTLY this reason and would probably find another game if it meant waiting 3 hours for an exact level matchup after peak hours. The problem with people these day is they are short sighted and can draw but they are missing the big picture. I would be more worried about matching up with a low level assassin than someone 10 leeks higher lol. Point system is back to normal so matchups are as close as they can be given the volume and range of pvp players. I've never gotten a taste for whine but apparently many people love it...

Only thing that needs changing IMO is either critical Block on arena gear or put people of critical level in their own fighting group.

Well, I have not been back to the Arena in some time, so if they did fix the matching system, then I stand corrected, but last time I checked, you could be low level and facing a legend in a matter of seconds... Sorry, but this was making PvP not a challenge, but rather dull... Now if it was fixed and changed, that is a different story, however, if it is still the same, with a low level losing 20 to 30 points for losing to a legend, then PvP is not fixed and not worth anyones time!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
AlricRS wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

I have to disagree here. I am level 48 and I have done exactly two pvps ever because both times ( @ 35 and @48) I faced a bunch of legendary wizards. My team barely got off a shot. I expect I have a negative pvp ranking.

I am not sure that being slaughtered with no chance qualifies as "working"

And now I am a level 70 wizard and I don't fight anyone under level 68. You know why, because I have a rank that is normal not high or low.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
This I actually agree with. When I used to PvP, I have such a low rating only because of 1v1s against level 50s (which was the highest back in those days). And I was only level 36.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
hela3 wrote:
I agree 100%
It is unmatched to the legendary's advantage and I think they should make it where you fight people within 5 levels of you.

I more or less agree with this, but i had an idea, what if they gave you an option to set the level? It could be set up so that you never face anyone less than 5 levels of you, but you could raise the plus side, so that if you want you could face a lvl 50 on your lvl 20 instead of a 25. the reward for this would be more arena tickets (pvp rank would stay the same)

think about it, you should never be forced to face anyone more than twice your level, but if i choose to i can reap larger rewards.