Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level 68 school only mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2009
hey wizard101 ... my name is Haley Silvergem level 60 pyromancer. Anyways i have an idea for you guys. Instead of making level 68 pets(which i'm sure will happen) you should make school only mounts for level 68. Like for fire a fire dragon or phoniex, for ice a wyvren or snow angel, for storm a leviethan or storm lord, for blance a hydra or ra, for life a saytr or forest lord, for death a wraith or scarecrow, and lastly for myth a medusa or a humongo frog. Of course you could make entirely new mounts that have never been seen for level 68 school only. Anyways i hope you find this idea to your liking and make it possiable ... that would make me happy. Oh and thanks for using some of my other ideas already.

Love,
Haley Slivergem :D

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
that be cool but i would still want my pets lol, but would be cool to have a centaur or ride on a forest lords shoulder for life only mount.

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
Could someone please explain to me why everytime this idea comes up (school only mounts) people always want to ride a spell? As a balance mage, the idea of riding Ra or a Hydra is not that appealing....

Why not think of mounts that are focused more on the school of magic rather than a particular spell.

Storm - you ride a wave. You character stands ( or surfs ) on a mini-wave that moves along the gound

Fire - you ride on a fire tordado - you legs transform to look like a mini fire tornado (think a Genie) - I know this is not realistic as it is very difficult to physically change the character. Otherwise, fire wings (like the phoenix) would be cool.

Ice - My first thought was riding an Ice platform (like Ice-Man) but that just seemed cliché. No ideas...

Death - Deathshroud of a Wraith - you put on the shroud and you float like a wraith. Or anything undead, including undead (skelatal) dragon wings would be cool.

Life - no idea...

Myth - Unfortunately the most mythical thing I can think of is the Winged Boots from Hermes - but these are already a Crown Shop item....

Balance - Flight. No wings, no mount, you simply fly

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Trasilor wrote:
Could someone please explain to me why everytime this idea comes up (school only mounts) people always want to ride a spell? As a balance mage, the idea of riding Ra or a Hydra is not that appealing....

You have a point. But let's not count them all out, because some would probably work.

Trasilor wrote:
Why not think of mounts that are focused more on the school of magic rather than a particular spell.

Also a good idea, though there are some great options in our spells already.

Trasilor wrote:
Storm - you ride a wave. You character stands ( or surfs ) on a mini-wave that moves along the ground

Weird, but kind of interesting. I like the idea of a shark mount for my diviner, though they are already available for crowns... Other possibilities: a storm-cloud, Kraken, or electric eel.

Trasilor wrote:
Fire - you ride on a fire tornado - you legs transform to look like a mini fire tornado (think a Genie) - I know this is not realistic as it is very difficult to physically change the character. Otherwise, fire wings (like the phoenix) would be cool.

A fire chariot (or horse with flames for a mane/tail) would look cool. Your original idea is neat, in theory, even though it would require a ton of work to change the character every time you get dragged into street mobs.

Trasilor wrote:
Ice - My first thought was riding an Ice platform (like Ice-Man) but that just seemed cliché. No ideas...

I know! The abominable snow monster from the claymation version of Rudolph! Or an oversized Tower Shield... Just kidding. No ideas here, either.

Trasilor wrote:
Death - Deathshroud of a Wraith - you put on the shroud and you float like a wraith. Or anything undead, including undead (skelatal) dragon wings would be cool.

Skeletal wings would be cool.; shroud idea, not so much, since you don't want to confuse players with NPCs. Even skeletal horses (like the thestrals in Potter) would work, but that might be too obvious a similarity.

Trasilor wrote:
Life - no idea...

They've already got a unicorn in the crown shop, but a centaur would be another option.

Trasilor wrote:
Myth - Unfortunately the most mythical thing I can think of is the Winged Boots from Hermes - but these are already a Crown Shop item....

A centaur or hydra would work for them as well, since they are mythological creatures (even if they are Life/Balance spells). Other ideas: Orthrus, basilisk (though I've heard that's a spell now), or some mutant thing with 2+ heads.

Trasilor wrote:
Balance - Flight. No wings, no mount, you simply fly.

Laaaaaamesauce! If the other schools are getting cool mounts, then I want one, too (lol). KI could give us a hydra, scorpion, falcon (Ra is part one, I think), or Judge wings. I could live with that arrangement. :P

Cool ideas, though. Keep 'em coming, everyone!

Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorceress