Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Labrynth Obsidian Chest Trick

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
As many times as I have had to obtain the Labrynth Obsidian Chest, I never tried just marking my location at the chest after defeating The Dean in the Labrynth. Here's why:

First: Defeat the Dean.
Second: Mark your location at the Obsidian Chest.
Third: The next quest will be The Pyromancer's Tomb, I believe...finish tomb.
Fourth: Talk to Ashely and receive Obsidian Chests Quest.
Fifth: Return to marked location in the Labrynth and get Obsidian Chest.

Before, I always had to start the Labrynth from the beginning to obtain the Obsidian Chest. Not any more.

I hope this helps.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Wow I wish I had known this before. Thanks for the tip this will save me lots of time. :-D

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jacobcady wrote:
As many times as I have had to obtain the Labrynth Obsidian Chest, I never tried just marking my location at the chest after defeating The Dean in the Labrynth. Here's why:

Before, I always had to start the Labrynth from the beginning to obtain the Obsidian Chest. Not any more.

I hope this helps.

Ok, this is a good idea, but in my experience, since the Labrynth is a dungeon, if you leave a mark, you HAVE to be able to return to in a limited amount of time. Most dungeons require you to return within 30 minutes and that is only if you port out to heal or die. If you log out, that mark is gone. Otherwise, after 30 minutes it will reset and you still have to start over again. The only other option if you think it will take you longer than 30 minutes is to have a second account with a wizard that you can leave in place at the chest, but only as long as you DON'T log out and be sure to check on that wizard every few minutes and move it to keep from being kicked out for INACTIVITY.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
</div>
</blockquote>

Ok, this is a good idea, but in my experience, since the Labrynth is a dungeon, if you leave a mark, you HAVE to be able to return to in a limited amount of time. Most dungeons require you to return within 30 minutes and that is only if you port out to heal or die. If you log out, that mark is gone. Otherwise, after 30 minutes it will reset and you still have to start over again. The only other option if you think it will take you longer than 30 minutes is to have a second account with a wizard that you can leave in place at the chest, but only as long as you DON'T log out and be sure to check on that wizard every few minutes and move it to keep from being kicked out for INACTIVITY.</div>
</blockquote>That's correct. Marking anywhere in a dungeon does no good if you log out.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
scotttttttttt wrote:
"This area is closed right now"

Is that the message you got when trying to enter or is it actually closed by KI.

If it was ingame message it should have said "This area is closed right now please try again later." All you have to do is back away from it and then try again.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
jacobcady wrote:

I hope this helps.

Ok, this is a good idea, but in my experience, since the Labrynth is a dungeon, if you leave a mark, you HAVE to be able to return to in a limited amount of time. Most dungeons require you to return within 30 minutes and that is only if you port out to heal or die. If you log out, that mark is gone. Otherwise, after 30 minutes it will reset and you still have to start over again. The only other option if you think it will take you longer than 30 minutes is to have a second account with a wizard that you can leave in place at the chest, but only as long as you DON'T log out and be sure to check on that wizard every few minutes and move it to keep from being kicked out for INACTIVITY.

I thought that if you leave a dungeon, and you "work on another quest", it will reset the dungeon.