Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Does Gamma Do ?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
What does his pet do besides sit there and make marks on ambroses carpet? I mean is he like a councilar? Is he a secretary? Treasurer? What does he do? Why does he sit there and look pretty?

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I belive the old owl are sweeping across Marleybone skyline during the night hunting for rats.
But who am i to tell? I might be wrong.

//Richard Darkstone - Bird Watcher.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
there is no night hunting for rats in marleybone,i would know i finished it

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
I don't know how far along you are in the game but I know during my travels in Krokotopia, I had to go to Gamma to get a newspaper (not one under him either). So, it may be small but he does play a role in the game at one point or another. I don't know if he is used outside of that or not but so far that's what I've seen him do.

See ya in the Spiral,
Hunter SilverHeart

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
Oh my goodness I am sure Gamma never soils the carpet! Show some respect for a very civilized bird, please! He can read and talk and keeps up with current affairs (he reads the paper every day, you know). I am sure he opens the window when he wishes to fly in or out, and I expect he uses magic to do it!

He has been around a looooooong time in Wizard City, so the new faculty (like Moolinda Wu) must rely on him for all manner of things, like where to get supplies they need (phoenix feathers or spider eyes or rat toenails from Marleybone), or who can fix the hinge on their tower door (it used to squeak eerily like it should but the students messed with it and now it opens quietly like any ordinary door), or even how to keep Wizard City's non-speaking birds away from their garden patch of poison ivy berries!

I expect even Ambrose needs Gamma's help to carry important messages or fetch magical ingredients that an old wizard doesn't like to climb after when his rheumatism is acting up. There are some errands you just can't trust students with, because they are always stopping to muck about in the pond or rumble with some trolls when you want them to hurry back. It's those times when a trusted old familiar is worth his weight in gold!

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
well i've been in the room with gamma and i have seen a new tenth chunk of spiral floating around and i have one question does wizard city count as a world and i keep thinking yes but there use to only be nine and i think gamma studys the spiral all day

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Gamma does study the spiral all day, he seems to have a lot of knowledge on the matter. In fact, you are asked to interview Gamma along with Headmaster Ambrose and Bartleby during one of the Boris TallStaff quests to get information on the history of the spiral. I'm sure he is also invaluable as a consultant to Merle on many a matter.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
susume wrote:
Oh my goodness I am sure Gamma never soils the carpet! Show some respect for a very civilized bird, please! He can read and talk and keeps up with current affairs (he reads the paper every day, you know). I am sure he opens the window when he wishes to fly in or out, and I expect he uses magic to do it!

He has been around a looooooong time in Wizard City, so the new faculty (like Moolinda Wu) must rely on him for all manner of things, like where to get supplies they need (phoenix feathers or spider eyes or rat toenails from Marleybone), or who can fix the hinge on their tower door (it used to squeak eerily like it should but the students messed with it and now it opens quietly like any ordinary door), or even how to keep Wizard City's non-speaking birds away from their garden patch of poison ivy berries!

I expect even Ambrose needs Gamma's help to carry important messages or fetch magical ingredients that an old wizard doesn't like to climb after when his rheumatism is acting up. There are some errands you just can't trust students with, because they are always stopping to muck about in the pond or rumble with some trolls when you want them to hurry back. It's those times when a trusted old familiar is worth his weight in gold!

We are showing "respect" we're just asking a question sheesh

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I think he just sit's there. Study study study. prolly what he is doing anyhow. please excuse spelling errors i know! maybe when the new worlds come out he has a quest! i think. i really dont know so please excuse my lameness.

Maybe there's a quest and nobody knows it. just a guess