Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Simplify & Elucidate: now's the time

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
Lately i'm not sure why but, despite have an 80% power pip chance, I continuously keep getting regular pips, and this is proving to be REALLY annoying and a big problem in the test realm because unless i miraculously get at least 2 power pips i'm not really able to cast my rank 8 and especially 9 spell. And lets be honest here the amount of power pips these bosses and even regular monsters have in Zafaria and i'm sure will have in future worlds, is just ridiculous! I enjoy a challenge more than most people do but if its impossible to overcome just because i cant get a simple power pip, then thats just not fair. So i think now might be a good time to bring back simplify and elucidate, we all know that spells can be banned from PvP just look at some of these polymorphs and minion summoning spells, that wont allow them there(and yes i know those are treasure cards, buts so what the point is spells can be banned). Either that or increase the amount of maximum pips we can have by one or two, or let regular pips become power pips when its full. Any of these shouldn't unbalance anthing for anyone. But i think the enchantments work out best, seeing as how you do have to draw them first with an attack and train them, if they do decide to allow it in PvP. All i know is, if there was any time to bring them back now seems like the best time.

Historian
May 01, 2010
TheMarksman wrote:
Lately i'm not sure why but, despite have an 80% power pip chance, I continuously keep getting regular pips, and this is proving to be REALLY annoying and a big problem in the test realm because unless i miraculously get at least 2 power pips i'm not really able to cast my rank 8 and especially 9 spell. And lets be honest here the amount of power pips these bosses and even regular monsters have in Zafaria and i'm sure will have in future worlds, is just ridiculous! I enjoy a challenge more than most people do but if its impossible to overcome just because i cant get a simple power pip, then thats just not fair. So i think now might be a good time to bring back simplify and elucidate, we all know that spells can be banned from PvP just look at some of these polymorphs and minion summoning spells, that wont allow them there(and yes i know those are treasure cards, buts so what the point is spells can be banned). Either that or increase the amount of maximum pips we can have by one or two, or let regular pips become power pips when its full. Any of these shouldn't unbalance anthing for anyone. But i think the enchantments work out best, seeing as how you do have to draw them first with an attack and train them, if they do decide to allow it in PvP. All i know is, if there was any time to bring them back now seems like the best time.

Yea, I couldnt agree more. I actually suggested this in the test realm, but what if they did like a minimum pips it can be latched onto? For instance, it cant be equipped to like Pheonix, or Skeletal pirate, but it can be like on Helephants, Efreets, RoFs and new spells (yes this is for the pvp whiners and personal temptations of spamming 0 rank fire elves then 14 pip heckhounds). Off topic: I think KI is pushing us to buying the new staff, pushing out power pips so low... Back on topic: Does anyone know what happened when you equipped Ellucidate on a rank X spell?

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
TheMarksman wrote:

Yea, I couldnt agree more. I actually suggested this in the test realm, but what if they did like a minimum pips it can be latched onto? For instance, it cant be equipped to like Pheonix, or Skeletal pirate, but it can be like on Helephants, Efreets, RoFs and new spells (yes this is for the pvp whiners and personal temptations of spamming 0 rank fire elves then 14 pip heckhounds). Off topic: I think KI is pushing us to buying the new staff, pushing out power pips so low... Back on topic: Does anyone know what happened when you equipped Ellucidate on a rank X spell?

Elucidate on an X does nothing. It won't work. I tried..

Bringing back those 2 spells would be awesome, and what would be even better would be training for them or being able to craft them. (I've only found these as quest rewards, is there any other way to get them?) BTW... The new amulets in Zafaria would be much more useful with Elucidate/Simplify in your deck, as we can only wear one amulet at a time(unless KI lets us put on 2.. yeah right lol). My primary is Death, with Fire second and I would love to have Efreet, but it's an 8 and comes on new amulet. So I have a choice... mastery amulet or Efreet amulet? I have issues with power pips too. I have noticed that under 85-87% pips will get you regular pips occasionally (more often than I like lol) and anything over 87-90% gets power pips every time. *If I have 5 power pips and 2 regulars I usually cast something that won't mess up my set up to use those regular pips. Pixie more often than not. And after that I seem to get power pips to replace the ones I used. May be coincidence, maybe not. Just my observations.*

Back to the point, being able to craft and or train for Elucidate and Simplify would be really awesome.

Historian
May 01, 2010
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
TheMarksman wrote:

Bringing back those 2 spells would be awesome, and what would be even better would be training for them or being able to craft them. (I've only found these as quest rewards, is there any other way to get them?) BTW... The new amulets in Zafaria would be much more useful with Elucidate/Simplify in your deck, as we can only wear one amulet at a time(unless KI lets us put on 2.. yeah right lol). My primary is Death, with Fire second and I would love to have Efreet, but it's an 8 and comes on new amulet. So I have a choice... mastery amulet or Efreet amulet? I have issues with power pips too. I have noticed that under 85-87% pips will get you regular pips occasionally (more often than I like lol) and anything over 87-90% gets power pips every time. *If I have 5 power pips and 2 regulars I usually cast something that won't mess up my set up to use those regular pips. Pixie more often than not. And after that I seem to get power pips to replace the ones I used. May be coincidence, maybe not. Just my observations.*

Back to the point, being able to craft and or train for Elucidate and Simplify would be really awesome.

Go for the mastery amulet, Ellucidate and other enchantments dont work on item cards, and Efreet treasures drop in Zafaria, so the choice is clear. About the power pips, if they let the staff drop (like lifeforce blade does) it will be very useful (saying they dropped out power pips so low). Anyway, yes, that is a coincedence.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Get waterworks gear and legend athames and daggers, i recommend going to the bazaar to get athames and daggers but waterworks gear will require to do the dungeon itself.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
TheMarksman wrote:

Go for the mastery amulet, Ellucidate and other enchantments dont work on item cards, and Efreet treasures drop in Zafaria, so the choice is clear. About the power pips, if they let the staff drop (like lifeforce blade does) it will be very useful (saying they dropped out power pips so low). Anyway, yes, that is a coincedence.

Thought it might be coincidence. Thanks. And thanks for advice.. Happy questing all!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
or let regular pips become power pips when its full.
This is a fantastic idea. Once you have max pips, each turn you pass or use zero pip spell (Maybe it would happen on a pass only), one regular pip becomes a power pip.