Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spectral Prism....??

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 06, 2010
K, so having a balance legend, I've noticed that fighting balance bosses in the later lvls can prove to be extremely difficult. I haven't had trouble on any of my other legendaries when fighting a boss of the same school.

A solution to this problem is simple, use a secondary/treasures. Or Kingsisle could consider making a "spectral prism".

This said prism would convert balance damage to either storm, fire, or ice randomly, just as the spectral blast and spectral minion are random..

Feel free to leave comments on whether this seems like a good idea or not.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
The reason why balance wizards do not have prisons is because there are attacks that are not based on the balance school. ( spectral blast, hydra, etc.)

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
If you want a balance prism, then later on if you get it, you can't complain about how people now have a shield that works on balance. :? Just saying.....

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
kamarynjelise wrote:
Kingsisle could consider making a "spectral prism".

Agreed. And Balance needs a balance shield too

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Why don't you just use Hydra and Spectral blast attacks? And soon you are getting Chimera so you have the spirit attack needed to get a boost to your hits. Besides, at 4 pips, Spectral blast can hit as high as what, 550 on storm? That's a pretty good deal for just four pips/two power pips!

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Alexander5335 wrote:
If you want a balance prism, then later on if you get it, you can't complain about how people now have a shield that works on balance. :? Just saying.....

Not complaining. And also, I dont mind shields. I'm already legendary and have completed Celestia, so I just wanted an easier way for new balance characters to defeat balance bosses.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
QueenJade124 wrote:
The reason why balance wizards do not have prisons is because there are attacks that are not based on the balance school. ( spectral blast, hydra, etc.)

K, i understand this, but using Hydra or Spectral blast on a Celestia balance boss isn't very effective. They shield all of your attacks, and having 5000 hp, it gets annoying only hitting 1000 damage with hydra at a time.

Also, lunar/stellar bosses that resist fire/ice make spectral and hydra useless. (Lunar/stellar resist balance also.)

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
Kingsisle could consider making a "spectral prism".

Agreed. And Balance needs a balance shield too

I wouldn't mind balance having a shield either. That's when prism and elemental school spells (Hydra, Spectral Blast) and the new upcoming spirit school spell (Chimera) would come in handy.