Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Buzz About Low Level Wizards

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
I am here to argue both sides about Low Level Wizards.
People that are in high levels are always complaining about low level wizards. Lets say, a wizard in Dragonspyre suddenly is joined by a person still up to Wizard City. The Wizard City person might steal the traps and ruin the battle.
People yell for there to be a level cap.
Yes, in some ways I agree.
But I have heard of low level wizards who have saved high level wizard's lives.
What if a wizard in Celestia needs help from a Krokotopia wizard?
The KT person might actually save them.
Think before you want the level cap.
It can be hard to be a low level wizard.
I made a Theurgist, went to Firecat Alley and there was a grandmaster.
He greeted me with a cheery, "Hi, noob."
This is true, a noob is a new player, but he meant it in the rude way which people nowadays take it as.
I said, "Hello. And yes, I am a noob," and walked away.
Now why do we have to be so rude just because someone is new?
In this case I am not but still...
If there are any disagreements or such, then please tell me.

Thanks,
Igloogirl3

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The issue is a matter of how most people view lower level characters.

If you are running around in Krokotopia, being brought to Celestia (where mobs will easily do more damage than your max health) is almost certain death. However, the apperance of the low level will still drag in another monster - which will cause issues for those already in the circle and the fight.

A lot of lower levels also have a tendency to forget that they are fighting with much more powerful people, and waste carefully placed feints and traps with a low level spell, potentially ruining the option of quickly taking out a threat.

So, while there are a few stories of how a low level has managed to save a much higher level person, there are far more of how a low level has managed to ruin a battle.

In the odd cases that there ARE low-level people that are sufficiently skilled to survive and aid a person of more than twice their level, those people usually know the game and will level very, very fast - thus making the level cap an issue for perhaps a week or two. But what it does is to prevent Wizard City people from teleporting into battles in Celestia, ruin all the traps and blades with 1-pip spells and wands, die within a round or two, and spend the rest of the time screaming "heal me heal me"...

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I have no problems with any level player who is invited joining a higher level player. I do have a problem with low levels who port in without being invited, or without asking, for the reasons well-stated above.

On the other hand, we were all n00bs once, and if I'm on Firecat or Unicorn, I try to be polite and help low level players, who are right where they should be and still learning the game. In that case high levels who pick on lows are just plain rude.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
In my opinion, wizards shouldn't be in any area that the game hasn't granted them access to enter There are too many ways to abuse the system, and there are also too many who run around joining battles that they don't belong in and who often ruin strategies and tactics (i.e. triggering traps).

Survivor
Nov 21, 2008
Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
when i was kinda a noob (level 30 ish) i saved my fire friends life. On last boss of celestia my friend couldnt win. it was level 30 ish life (me ) level 60 fire (friend) thats it, and we won. I agrre ;)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Ugh, posting topics on 'how to deal with them' won't work. This is gonna cause arguing now. Just get past it and ignore DON'T keep bringing it up.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
low lvl or not,Im a Grandmaster Necromancer, Ive played with crummy playing Legendary wizards who ruin my hard earned setups with willy nilly spellcasting and no idea of strategy at all! at least if your a lower lvl player with some idea of how to play this game well, i would welcome you to join in and fight with me anytime!

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
There is a setting option "allow friends teleports" that you can switch to "no".

Although this will not solve all of your problems (because other people will carelessly leave that on), you can drastically reduce unwanted interventions - specially in dungeons - with this option.

Then if you are twisted enough, just put some mega pacify in your deck and use accordingly if an unwanted player joins.. (and don't forget to ignore them).

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
well i have just one thing to say to the people that call others noob, stop being a bully and talk nicely because everybody was noobs even me and even grandmasters and that should be about it

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I kinda agree in both ways too. I posted a post about Celestia when I was level 45 still in Mooshu. I was doing a dungeon with my friends, who are grandmasters and respect me for who I am. Well, people started to post something that was totally off topic: noobs. People said I was noob and shouldn't be in CL. But a few nice people disagreed and answered my real question, "Why does it say Too Small, Try Agian when you fight that one boss (it's been so long, I even forget his name!)". An arguement went on for awhile, then it stopped. Then, I was on the noob side. Sometimes I get annoyed when I see noobs in CL, but they're not doing anything wrong. They just want to explore, don't they?
So, I am on both sides.
melcookie925

Survivor
May 22, 2009
KI should put a no porting into places you should have to earn the right to be there. Yes I understand that some times lower lvls can save upper lvl wizards but when upper lvl wizards are fighting and getting hit hard it really doesnt help to have lower lvl wizards who really cant help bring in an extra enemy to defeat and need healing to boot~ This would be a very good reason for lower lvls not to be aloud to port in. Sry if this sounds a little mean, most lower lvls are just in there for the exp and to lvl up quicker but I think they should learn how to play first :(

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
Personally, I've gotten used to the word 'noob' through several rude people. But that's not the point of my post. My best friend in the entire Spiral who is ten levels up and a world and a half ahead of me, often calls for my assistance. I've taught her a few quality techniques. The most KI should do about the complaining higher level wizards is to add a confirmation popup box that asks you if you really want to teleport. This box should be used if the wizard that you are porting to is over ten levels higher than you, even though I can survive in Dragonspyre on my own.
Back to noob, now. Being used to this annoying word, you'd think I wouldn't care. But I've been called noob because of my school alone. Sure, mister/miss rude person, I could defeat you any day, but that is just not cool. The word noob hurts more people than helps, and I've been a bystander more than I'd like to have been. It can make people very sad or angry, and a couple of my friends quit to get away from these people. I say that KI should block the word entirely, and make the game just a little friendlier.
Best,
Destiny Soultamer, level 38 Thaumaturge, NOT a noob

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
I agree low level wizards can save you. I am level 40 so i am kind of in between but once a low level wizard helped me and that made me so happy. Lower level wizards are newer to the game too. If they have a parent that sees that people are calling them a noob then they have to stop playing and can never enjoy the game. Ther goes a perfectly good friendship.
Grace F.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
I have two accounts, six level 60 wizards, one about 65 with new levels, one is 50 and other wizards have not been made yet. I have never been called a noob or anything close to it. I have also never thought to call someone else that, mainly because the only ones I might have said that to are the ones who run into fights and then flee. They are gone before you can see who they are and they are probably not all low level wizards! I do not allow low level friends on my list so I do not have to worry they are going to port into a fight. I don't think it would hurt my feelings if someone called one of my new wizards a noob. I think that it is just silly and they should be ignored.

People can be hurtful without meaning to actually hurt your feelings. It is probably to make them feel better about themselves rather than hurt someones feelings. Just consider they have an inferiority complex and feel sorry for them rather than let them hurt your feelings. Just tell them thanks for sharing that information with you. Or ask them how they got to be whatever level they are without first being a noob. Maybe tell them yeah but you are working to improve your wizard. Don't let them hurt your feelings. Enjoy the game! It is fun! The higher the person is, the closer he/she is to having to start a noob wizard! Don't fret the small stuff. Worry about Malistair or the ravens, etc. They can eat you for lunch but another wizard can't!