Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Matchups

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
Ok, I was PvP-ing on my Ice wizard, and he is only a captain. And i ended going second against a level 58! she took me out with two attacks and my rank went down an entire 30 points! This outrage needs to stop! i can understand a level difference, but this is not supposed to happen. especially a magus going second against a near legendary
:x

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
dude i know exactly how you feel, most of my wizard are lvl 60 but when i play 2v2 with a friend one low lvl like 30 or 40 and im lvl 60 we have to fight 2 lvl 60's i dont think is fare to have fight they need to have a level arangement between the pvp levels i could understand about a 10 level difference but 20 or 30 is crazy out of control.

If you look on the pvp board you can see the difference in the levels between the fight they got level 15 wizards going up against like 32. my advise for wizard 101 pvp-ing is to make at least a level 10 difference fight to make it a challenge no higher so come on wizard101 make it happen

Armiger
May 10, 2010
This happens not just in team play, but in 1v1...

I have nothing good to say about KI right now, so maybe I shouldn't say anything... I mean, how hard is it to fix PvP, it is not brain surgery or rocket science, it is a video game...

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
All i can say right now they really need to fix this problem, I know we are not the only ones that are having this problem im sure the 70% of all wizard playing this KI game pvp game area is having all type of trouble, if they dont fix this, we will see allot of less people playing pvp

Well maybe and more of the subject there is like no level 60 pvp gear what so ever, or at lease level 50 so it doesn't mess with the level 60 gear of the game
they need to make up something good for pvp level 60

thats why more lower level players play pvp because of the gear know hence the problem we have

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
if you are higher ranked low level odds are you will face higher lvl low rank wizards so live with it, Prof. Greyrose has said this a couple times in pvp you get put against people closest to your skill level. say a legend is at 200 arena xp and you are a lvl 30 warlord and nobody between lvls 30 and 57 are in the matchup. you will be put against the low pvp rank legend it is how pvp works. And just wondering. Prof. Greyrose which comes first in the matchup lvl or rank?

Survivor
Nov 01, 2011
its just bad. i started a new wizard and went to pvp at level five. i was put against a level forty. Forty! good job KI. your programming at its finest.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
retaining your title is like retaining a heavy weight belt in boxing, thats how hard it is to keep your rank without it dropping 20-30 points

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
Maximo2000 wrote:
Ok, I was PvP-ing on my Ice wizard, and he is only a captain. And i ended going second against a level 58! she took me out with two attacks and my rank went down an entire 30 points! This outrage needs to stop! i can understand a level difference, but this is not supposed to happen. especially a magus going second against a near legendary
:x

This used to happen to me A LOT of times. From Lvl 10-30, i was leveling up while pvping. By the time I was lvl 38, I was a PvP Commander. Yeah, thats good and all, but I needed WarLord, and Arena Tickets to get there. I ranked down to Private, then got back to Sergeant. That's when I continued to face Legendaries again; the only difference being, I started to lose (and when I won, my PvP ranking award was 1-4 rank-up). I decided to just quit PvP for a LONG time, and just level up. Here I am, Commander again at lvl 60.

So my advice is, just lvl up to Legendary, PvP is favoring them at the moment. It'll only be fair until Lvl 70, so I would hurry up! :D :D :D

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
hanable33 wrote:
if you are higher ranked low level odds are you will face higher lvl low rank wizards so live with it, Prof. Greyrose has said this a couple times in pvp you get put against people closest to your skill level. say a legend is at 200 arena xp and you are a lvl 30 warlord and nobody between lvls 30 and 57 are in the matchup. you will be put against the low pvp rank legend it is how pvp works. And just wondering. Prof. Greyrose which comes first in the matchup lvl or rank?

Yeah, I have come to figure that out as well, but here's the thing. Even if the Legend is going first, the Lvl 30 Warlord usually comes to a victory.
Here's why:
1) They're a Warlord, they have WAY more knowledge about PvP than a Private, even if that Private is a lvl 60.
2) Commander Gear? Enough said (Even without Commander gear, I beat some Legends in my time.)
3) Most Privates don't use treasure cards, just a known fact. (Unless they just started PvP, and already have a Warlord sitting at their desk waiting to be played)
4) Even from second, the Warlord could win- For example (This is a true story and happened to my character). I was Myth, lvl 35, I think. I get matched with a Lvl 60 storm. As I have said before, Privates really aren't skilled (that's why they're Privates... ) So, even though he knew that I was Myth, he throws out a Storm Cat Polymorph. With my basic knowledge of Polymorphs, I knew that Myth boosted A LOT on Storm bosses and enemies, so it should on Polymorphs also. With a Time of Legend, Mythblade, and Tri-Blade (spirit), I killed him with a Mino. that hit for a little more than the Storm Cat's health, 2500.

So, yeah keep on trying to face them off, but while PvP is unbalanced, just lvl up to 60. (That's the only lvl where it's fair, at the moment )