Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crustacean Waveruners are too hard!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
I'm a level 49 here and crustation waveruners are way to powerful. They got like 1,700 health and that is INSANE. Plus, they gat super powerful spells to use against you. I try not to complain about game, but some has to be done about this.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Survivor
Oct 14, 2011
1700 health points is hardly much for a mob to be a threat (level 58 skills can usually hit that in one go, even overkilling by thousands). I say they should all get a 25 to 40% boost to health points and an AI makeover to make them a challenge, instead of whatever they are now lol.

Thats just me though, I like a challenge.

And wait until you run into bosses later on here, you'll fight 2 to 4 of them at once and they'll have more than 5000 each while starting with 4-6 power pips.

1700 health, eh?

I bet I could also nail your problem on the head, if I may take a swing?
1. Your wizard has no natural resistances to the said mobs, and...
2. You're not bothering to shield yourself from attacks, either.
3. Your deck is also probably filled to the max with cards you won't use, therefor causing you to pass most rounds without action.
4. You have too much attack power, pip gain and critical.

How did I do? Did I get your wizard about right?

Try balancing your wizard with more defensive spells and gear, setting your deck with no more than 20 cards, designed specificly for that mob. Shouldn't be too hard then.

Anywho, good luck to ya!

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
AmennRa wrote:
1700 health points is hardly much for a mob to be a threat (level 58 skills can usually hit that in one go, even overkilling by thousands). I say they should all get a 25 to 40% boost to health points and an AI makeover to make them a challenge, instead of whatever they are now lol.

Thats just me though, I like a challenge.

And wait until you run into bosses later on here, you'll fight 2 to 4 of them at once and they'll have more than 5000 each while starting with 4-6 power pips.

1700 health, eh?

I bet I could also nail your problem on the head, if I may take a swing?
1. Your wizard has no natural resistances to the said mobs, and...
2. You're not bothering to shield yourself from attacks, either.
3. Your deck is also probably filled to the max with cards you won't use, therefor causing you to pass most rounds without action.
4. You have too much attack power, pip gain and critical.

How did I do? Did I get your wizard about right?

Try balancing your wizard with more defensive spells and gear, setting your deck with no more than 20 cards, designed specificly for that mob. Shouldn't be too hard then.

Anywho, good luck to ya!

Actualy, I have universal resist, I sheild myself, I use my cards, and I'm a level 49 so I dont have critical. But thanks for wishing me good luck!

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I know, right? I want to get past the grotto :P (everyone does)

Survivor
Mar 11, 2011
Level 49!?! Try leveling up.
Anywho, I am stuck on this quest too. Want XP!!!!!!!!! Fought them lotsa times and no algae!!!!!!!!!!!! Try friends.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
moogirl45 wrote:
I'm a level 49 here and crustation waveruners are way to powerful. They got like 1,700 health and that is INSANE. Plus, they gat super powerful spells to use against you. I try not to complain about game, but some has to be done about this.

Bring a friend :)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
BRING A FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in stormriven so ive been there done that. You might want to add more of your schools advantages and youll win, but dont for get 2 cover weak spots

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
I think they are hard but maybe you need to change your deck.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I agree they have higher health than the ice monsters later in celestia which to me makes no sense and by that level you can't even block and they critical nearly every time.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
If you're Balance, use Power Nova to your advantage
Fire: Fire Dragon
Ice: Prism, Frost Giant
Storm: Storm Lord
Death: Scarecrow
Myth: Earthquake/Humongofrog/Earthquake
Life: Centaur/Seraph

OR

Get a friend!

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
mmorisak wrote:
BRING A FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in stormriven so ive been there done that. You might want to add more of your schools advantages and youll win, but dont for get 2 cover weak spots

That my trouble either my friends are "off world", not playing anymore, or way to low in levels. Need to make new friends. LOL

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
moogirl45 wrote:

Personally I don't subject my wizards to Celestial until I am at least level 50, I end up soloing a lot so have to be inventive. I do all quests and side quests to get to this by the Malistiare fight. With Crab Alley and Wyesteria added it helps at a lower level, I get though with Grizzlehiem so I can enter Wintertusk at level 50 and do the first few walk about quests there and head back to Celestia. At level 55 I head back to Wintertusk working only the main story line to level 58 where I am now in the last area and able to get my spell/pet quest, when I get back to Celestia now I feel more like I can complete the main story line and head out of there. In theory if I got done with Zafaria and want something to do I could go back to Celestia and Wintertusk and complete all the side quests, so far I have just started a new wizard.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
Maybe you can do Wintertusk and gain experience there so you can level up to like 55 or something. Shouldn't be too hard then. Plus make a small deck of maybe 15 or so cards (less if you want) and spam them to death. I know Grizzleheim is long and boring, but it's probably worth it. Just a suggestion you don't have to keep it.

Blake Titancaller Level 70 Storm Wizard