Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 78 Myth Spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
Hello all,
I have an idea for a new spell. This spell would come afterthe level 68 spell, Basilisk. The school of focus I am talking about is myth.This new spell would be name; Water Leaper. It is based off of the Welshlegend, Llamhigyn Y Dwr.
“It is amphibious, having the limbless body of a frog, along lizard tail and membrane wings resembling those of a bat. It gets itsnickname by the way it uses its wings to leap out the water and glide forth. Itswims very much like a tadpole using its lizard tail.
It is carnivorous, making it a pest among fishermancommunities. It causes trouble by snapping fishing lines, eating livestock andeven sometimes attacking humans.”
From that excerpt, you can see why I picked this to be theanimation/spell.
Myth already has lead from the base of frogs/amphibians,from the spell Humonogofrog. Also, this creature is known for beingcarnivorous, and sometimes attack humans aka wizards.

Now here is my idea for the stats for such a spell, as it isin the 10 pip/ spell level.
The Water Leaper would deal: 45 myth damage per pip + 95 myth damage per pip, to all enemies.
At very first look, this spell seems really weak, until yousee the per pip.
For you mathematicians out there, here is the equation forthis spell:
45x+95x=d, where variable x stands for damage per pip, andvariable d stands for the damage dealt to each enemy
After doing some math, the results per pip are as shownbelow:
Amount of pips=damage dealt
1= 45+95
2= 90+110
3= 135+205
4= 180+300
5= 225+395
6= 270+490
7= 315+585
8= 360+680
9= 405+775
10= 450+870
This shows how the damage will build up. You might be sayingnow, “That’s WAY too overpowered”. I would have to disagree. You see, if youcompare the total damage and effects of the previous spells, you’ll see why Ithink these stats are decent and NOT overpowered.
For a myth bat (1pip), the damage is 70-110. The WL total is140 damage.
troll; 170 to 210= WL; 200
Cyclops; 265 to 325= WL; 340
humongofrog; 265-325= WL; 480
minotaur; 495= WL; 620
earthquake; 310, AOE, take away all= WL; 760
orthrus; 700= WL; 900
medusa; 770+stun= WL; 1040
basilisk; 325+825 3rnds+stun= WL; 1180

Now, there is a trend to the myth spells, and their damage. By following this trend, i came up with some appropriate damage.
If you look at the chart above, the WL’s damage is remarkably similar to the level of spells that came before it. If the damage is a bit higher than previous spells, it makes sense, because this IS a level 78 spell.
I have been considering adding in an effect like; stun for x rounds, or a dispel, or even maybe a smokescreen of some sort. Again, this is a high level spell, and IS supposed to be stronger than previous spells.

Now, I went as far as even coming up with an animation. Note, this is an AOE, so there is a starting animation, and a repeating animation.

Animation:
Scene- small swamp with a few trees/vines around
Starting Ani.- WL swims and flies/jumps around in the water 2-3 times.
Reoccurring Ani.- WL dives down into swamp and leaps from swamp at the target, flying from the swamp, hitting the target and diving back down.

Let me know what you think of my spell!!!!!!

Explorer
May 28, 2009
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
hey, nice spell idea! i like it! although, to be honest, i'd prefer a differnet animation-you see- when compared to the legendary basilisk or medusa, i feel like a flying frog known as a "pest" is quite a downgrade. i want a killer spell to be proud of, i will say i like your spell idea, but i cant imagine they will make any more X spells. i like all the thought you put into it though! :)