Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Spamming"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
I am repeatedly being reported about "Spamming" in 1v1. My fire and storm wizards spam. my storm wizard uses enchanted tempest every round. My fire uses heck hounds, fire elves, and links enchanted every round. The thing is, i win every time. Is this so called "Spamming" not aloud, or is it just good and annoying? Can someone please help me? If it is not aloud, i will stop. Please post your comment on "Spamming" and if you know tell me if it aloud or not? Thank You so much!

Andrew ThunderBlade Legendary Diviner
Andrew RedFlame Legendary Pyromancer
Andrew DeathCaster Legendary Necromancer
Andrew EarthBreaker Master Sorcerer
:? :? :?

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
it's aloud, just a lot of people hate it when people spam judge and stuff( i dont mind it, because i heal it out easy)

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Spamming is not a reportable offense. It's perfectly allowed, but most people consider it to be annoying and cheep. But, it's fine if it works for you.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
People hate to lose... Anything you do, be it, casting vengeance, shielding, attacking, blading, enchanting your attacks, healing, everything, some people will say it is cheating...

People in PvP will report you for everything, why?

Hate to say this, but, because most people are sore losers!

Don't sweat the small stuff, do what it takes to win... As long as you are not using an actual cheat or exploit, and I am pretty sure they are all fixed for now, you can't cheat...

They may not like what you do, because you win and they lose, but that is their problem, not yours...

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
atleon2 wrote:
I am repeatedly being reported about "Spamming" in 1v1. My fire and storm wizards spam. my storm wizard uses enchanted tempest every round. My fire uses heck hounds, fire elves, and links enchanted every round. The thing is, i win every time. Is this so called "Spamming" not aloud, or is it just good and annoying? Can someone please help me? If it is not aloud, i will stop. Please post your comment on "Spamming" and if you know tell me if it aloud or not? Thank You so much!

Andrew ThunderBlade Legendary Diviner
Andrew RedFlame Legendary Pyromancer
Andrew DeathCaster Legendary Necromancer
Andrew EarthBreaker Master Sorcerer
:? :? :?

Spamming is fine. Using a spell repeatedly could also let the opponent know what spell you're aiming for next, so they can anticipate it. People report other people when they lose because they get mad over it. If someone gets really mad after losing and goes off reporting people for defeating you, that's terrible sportsmanship. It's the player's sportsmanship, nothing that you're doing is wrong.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
atleon2,

If I reported everyone that spammed me, I would be reporting 70% of the people I battle.

As far as I know, KI reviews what you say, not what cards you play in a pvp battle. So if someone says something that is not acceptable, you can report them. There is a set of rules listed on the KI main page on this. Maybe they need to force people to read this before they are allowed to PVP.
They could do that as part of the game, as part of the training you go through.

I spam with my Balance, and his deck is set up for it. I have been reported, and I have always just ingored it. KI has done nothing to me in several years, and they shouldn't.

I wish KI would automatically reply to each reporter, (and state before they accept it), what the person whining can report and what they cannot report.
Tell them that false reporting can be punished, as it should be. Then these whiners would stop wasting peoples time, and stop trying to punish someone that plays the game the way it's allowed.

A simple Pop up box on the screen could save KI thousands of false reports.
All it has to say, If your complaint is not on this list, do not press "Send".

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter, (Ice, retired), Balance, Storm, Death and Myth Legendaries.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Its aloud.

Just never speak at the arena as they see your traits and can report you. As soon as the match is finished, leave the arena and quickly change your gear so they dont notice you.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
I always thought that spamming was the repeated use of a word, to the point where tons of people get annoyed.
Anyways, what you did is ALLOWED (not aloud )
P.S.-
Do you think I can get reported for talking too much during a match??? Because, as soon as I put my Mythblade up, they know my school, I can start talking.

Its aloud.

Just never speak at the arena as they see your traits and can report you. As soon as the match is finished, leave the arena and quickly change your gear so they dont notice you.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
hey i'm a noob spell spammer. i use allot of firecats and sunbirds in pvp. And most of the time i win

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Using your spells is not against the rules at all (Unless you did something to it with Cheat Engine) :).

Caroline Sunbright level 62 life

Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
Thank you all so much! You make me fell better when i spam. Though it may not work because level 70 came out, it still may work. You guys are awesome!

Andrew ThunderBlade Transcended Diviner ;)

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
lucara wrote:
I always thought that spamming was the repeated use of a word, to the point where tons of people get annoyed.

it started out that way. Comes from the spam skit by monty python.

But now it just means repeating anything over and over.

Some people consider repeating something one time to be spamming. Some feel it's spamming to repeat it 3 or 4 times.

repeated use of the same spell annoys people because it causes them to lose. It is not, however, against the rules or something you can report someone for.

KI does mean it when they say they will remove accounts that turn in false reports.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Spamming to me should be not allowed because yes, it is very annoying and many people lose their ranks because of this. I very strongly recommend spamming should be removed from the game. Yes, it is a fast and easy way to rank up, but think of it this way: you are repeatly losing rank because of spammers and there does not seem a way to get past it. I myself have lost over 200 points because of this. It is very annoying and honestly, not REAL PVP!!! We're wizards for crying out loud! We should show off our skills with real battling, none of this cheap and annoying spamming stuff. This is just my opinion and no, you guys might agree or not agree. I hope KI takes this message and spamming in general to consideration. Thank you all
Sophia Lifeblade
Transcended Theurgist
Grandmaster Sorceror
Magus Diviner

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I have posted on this board more than once, but that is because i feel very strongly about this subject. My friend, Travis Seasword, has lost his warlord more than 4 times because of spamming and i have lost my veteran more than 3 times because of it as well. I dont understand why people think spamming is so awesome and amazing. It is not awesome and amazing it is annoying and it is not really fair, and for the wizards who cannot spam, like Life wizards, it is just an annoying way to lose rank. It is not fair and not REAL PVP!! We should battle with honor and dignity not just cheap spamming!!! Thank you once again, see you in the Spiral!
Sophia Lifeblade
Transcended Theurgist
Grandmaster Sorceror
Magus Diviner

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
fanci1999 wrote:
Spamming to me should be not allowed because yes, it is very annoying and many people lose their ranks because of this. I myself have lost over 200 points because of this. It is very annoying and honestly, not REAL PVP!!! We're wizards for crying out loud! We should show off our skills with real battling, none of this cheap and annoying spamming stuff. This is just my opinion and no, you guys might agree or not agree. I hope KI takes this message and spamming in general to consideration. Thank you all
Sophia Lifeblade
Transcended Theurgist
Grandmaster Sorceror
Magus Diviner

So basically your saying that people shouldn't use their cards to cast spells? If I have a balance and it has 6 judgement cards in deck and 4 come up in my hand; your saying I should not be allowed to use them? Well that's just crazy, because that does happen and if you just discard them it is a waste of cards. Sure some spam on purpose, but get real, if you can't use the same spell three times in a row, then people will start saying no using any shields 3 times in a row (and that has saved my wiz many times), or no healing in a row, etc...(and healing in a row has saved me too, while I heal and wait for a DOT to run it's course and survive the attack.
sorry, but real PVP means using the cards you have in your deck, even if that means using the same card 3 times in a row, or healing 3 times in a row., or shielding 3 times in a row. Part of pvp means fiqureing out a good strategy to use, it's not easy, nor should it be, or else everyone would be warlords.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
lucara wrote:
Anyways, what you did is ALLOWED (not aloud )
P.S.-
Do you think I can get reported for talking too much during a match??? Because, as soon as I put my Mythblade up, they know my school, I can start talking.

Its aloud.

Alright, I'm not joking when I say that I've actually been (falsely) reported once or twice in PvP or PvE for talking so incessantly it was ridiculous. I never got in trouble for it.
Actually, it may be to your advantage, because it can break the opponent's concentration during a match, and tick them off so much it's hard to think. What should you talk about? Really anything. The weather, their pet, your new gear, every last one of your school's spells ...

Of course, you shouldn't rely on that unless it's a Private-Warlord matchup.
However, if you are swearing around the chat filters, it is, in fact, reportable.