Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bonus for equipping items of the same name?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Is there some kind of bonus for equipping items of the same name? For example, Dagger of Talent and Vest of Talent or Boots of the Cyclone and Helm of the Cyclone. Is there an item of each type (ring, athame, robe, boots, and hat) that all share a common name or are there only a few different types with a name? For some reason, this is burning in the back of my mind everytime I go to the bazaar to sell loot in order to make room for more pick-ups.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
bikercub wrote:
Is there some kind of bonus for equipping items of the same name? For example, Dagger of Talent and Vest of Talent or Boots of the Cyclone and Helm of the Cyclone. Is there an item of each type (ring, athame, robe, boots, and hat) that all share a common name or are there only a few different types with a name? For some reason, this is burning in the back of my mind everytime I go to the bazaar to sell loot in order to make room for more pick-ups.

i don't think that putting on gear that have the same name gives you any bonuses.... At least not that i can tell....hope that helps

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
dragonpower333 wrote:

i don't think that putting on gear that have the same name gives you any bonuses.... At least not that i can tell....hope that helps

Actually, if you look at the stats on stuff that have the same name, you can see that it's designed as a set. While there aren't any extra extra bonus's for wearing the whole set, you WILL get better stats (most of the time) if you wear the set instead of just wearing a piece of it with something else.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
bikercub wrote:
yes you can if it is like hat and boots or sword and ring, etc . . . . . . so if it is the same type of group ( like hat and hat ) then the answer is NO hope this helped! :D

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Currently, you do not receive any bonuses for equipping a set. But like others have indicated, the "set" for that world usually has the best stats on them.