Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets still no good

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Got a pet from a pack, Halloween pack. The pet showed no benefits in leveling. The number of no good pets way out number those that are of any good. I still dont see a point in pets when they are not really benefical.
I spend a lot of gold on snacks only to have the pet fit for deleting.
Maybe in generations along the road MAYBE the pet will give a good trait. But With me, I just am seeing it as a waste of time.
I wish the game would improve on the sick pets we are having to deal with.
Like I have said out of 12 wizards only two have pets that have traits worth anything. So, what is in store for the other 10 wizards? Leveling and deleting. It has to stop at some point.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Pets are a difficult, yet interesting addition to the Wizarding Realm...

Most pets, that have a lower pedigree, to me, that means anything below a 58 pedigree, have mostly self talents... That is to say, talents that will help your pet and not help you...

Pets with pedigree of 59 and above, generally have more talents to help the wizard... This is a general rule...

Now, what a pedigree actually means, is less uncommon talents and more rare, ultra-rare, and epic talents...

The higher the pedigree, the more epic and ultra-rare talents a pets has and the less lower talents...

Does that mean a pet with a super high pedigree is best? No, absolutely not...

Spritely is a rare talent and so is spell defy... These are 2 great talents

Now, level 48 pets have self talents...
Level 58 pets have talents that help the wizard...

There are pets of all types in the crown shops, that are drops...

If you are looking for a specific pet with specific talents, you have to hatch with that pet and then have to have a pet witht the talents...

The more times you hatch with the specific talents you want, the more times you will have at getting those talents... It is a long and tedious process, very few will ever get the pet they want and talents they want on the first try...

No, it takes lots and lots of hatching, pet training, hatching, training again, with more hatching and pet training to finally get the exact pet you want with the exact talents you want...

This is not something that is ever handed to you on a silver platter!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
Got a pet from a pack, Halloween pack. The pet showed no benefits in leveling. The number of no good pets way out number those that are of any good. I still dont see a point in pets when they are not really benefical.
Maybe in generations along the road MAYBE the pet will give a good trait. But With me, I just am seeing it as a waste of time.
Like I have said out of 12 wizards only two have pets that have traits worth anything. So, what is in store for the other 10 wizards? Leveling and deleting. It has to stop at some point.

What do you mean? If you mean by your pet is getting low stats, then it's from its pedigree. The higher the pedigree, the better the stats your pet gets.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Now deleting my fourth pet I got as a drop from the packs. None have turned out with traits worth keeping. I have low and high pedigree pets I have deleted in the past that never showed traits worth keeping.
If they dont show me anything in first two levels they get trashed. I believe it can be done to give us pets worth playing. You should not have to go through all this pain and agony to try and get a decent pet. I blame the game for these pets that show no talents worth playing. They [the game] are the ones that can change things they dont, so I come here to explain how I am not getting any pets worth the crowns or the effort. I am not going thru generations and generations of pets to maybe get a decent pet.
Either the game has decent pets or they dont. I believe the numbers speak for itself. Out of 12 wizards 2 have decent pets.....
While you would think a crown pet would be better it isnt. I have found that all pets in this game are basically lame and dont give you the power promised by game when they came out with pets and leveling. They said let your pet give you power, I have yet to see it. Maybe they should have said let your pet give you power in the Pet games.......

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
If you are truly struggling to get any helpful traits from a pet I highly recommed spending your crowns on a Sea Dragon. It has a lot of helpful talents. I have several and I use them to hatch with other pets to give them useful traits.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
GamingDan wrote:
If you are truly struggling to get any helpful traits from a pet I highly recommed spending your crowns on a Sea Dragon. It has a lot of helpful talents. I have several and I use them to hatch with other pets to give them useful traits.

i agree with him i do the same, though i got mine from dragon's hoard... but same thing...

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010

Sea dragons are good, but so far my best pet is a starfish. If you don't have the crowns to buy a sea dragon, hatch with one.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Dogempire wrote:

Sea dragons are good, but so far my best pet is a starfish. If you don't have the crowns to buy a sea dragon, hatch with one.

A starfish is a good alternative if you don't want to spend crowns; however, the starfish is an Ice pet. If you are not an Ice character you will most likely get abilities you can't use.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I think that to hatch and hatch and hatch costing lots in gold and snacks is just a waste of time because i have done this for now a long time. I have hatched so many pets and deleted so many it isnt funny.
I now delete them if they dont show me anything before the last level. Today I am deleting two death pets both crown pets. They have not shown anything worth my death wizard using at all. Hatching them will most likely produce more unwanted talents. Besides I have traveled the hatching road and it went nowhere.
But as I hatch and delete, I have to continue to ask myself where are those pets that the game said would give us power. I know they are there because out of two accounts and 12 wizards I have two decent pets.
I will not purchase any more pets with crowns as I have deleted so many crown pets that I just cant justify it. I have one pet that came with the Palace card from game stop, The death dog that heals. He is the only death pet i have that shows any kind of quality in the death school.
But today two more pets hit the dirt as i continue to level and delete. I would not be doing this if the hatching had produced decent pets but I have hatched all I am going to hatch. If game doesnt have any good pets then maybe they need to consider making some.
The sea drogon, I bought one and got one as a drop. I hatched both and am waiting for a decent pet as none have shown yet. You can tell me there are good pets there but seeing is believing and I dont see anything yet. The game needs to reconsider the quality of the pets they are selling and droping in the game. Becasue I have had both and both are not cutting it.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Pets are a difficult, yet interesting addition to the Wizarding Realm...

Most pets, that have a lower pedigree, to me, that means anything below a 58 pedigree, have mostly self talents... That is to say, talents that will help your pet and not help you...

Pets with pedigree of 59 and above, generally have more talents to help the wizard... This is a general rule...

Now, what a pedigree actually means, is less uncommon talents and more rare, ultra-rare, and epic talents...

The higher the pedigree, the more epic and ultra-rare talents a pets has and the less lower talents...

Does that mean a pet with a super high pedigree is best? No, absolutely not...

Spritely is a rare talent and so is spell defy... These are 2 great talents

Now, level 48 pets have self talents...
Level 58 pets have talents that help the wizard...

There are pets of all types in the crown shops, that are drops...

If you are looking for a specific pet with specific talents, you have to hatch with that pet and then have to have a pet witht the talents...

The more times you hatch with the specific talents you want, the more times you will have at getting those talents... It is a long and tedious process, very few will ever get the pet they want and talents they want on the first try...

No, it takes lots and lots of hatching, pet training, hatching, training again, with more hatching and pet training to finally get the exact pet you want with the exact talents you want...

This is not something that is ever handed to you on a silver platter!

I agree all the way! :P

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Darkblood1 wrote:

One way I use to keep a lot of my pets shooting for the best talents instead of the selfish ones is by researching their talents and the best calculation to reach them. For example:

I have a wraith, got onto wizard101 wiki, and on it I decided I wanted to have the health gift talent. The calculation for reaching it is 2 Agility + 2 Will + Power/10. So I buy a lot of snacks that can increase my pet's Agility, Will, and Power at the same time. After playing the games so that they equal out the talent points, I will have a good chance of getting the Health Gift talent when my wraith pet reaches teen.