Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Converts in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
I noticed in a PvP that casting a convert even after a shield has already been played, allows the spell to go around the shield.

ex: I cast a storm shield on the first round. In the second round my opponent casts a storm prism. on the third round my opponent attacks me with a storm spell, lets say Triton. The Triton will activate the storm prism changing it to myth and dealing full damage. The storm shield never went into effect.

I'm not sure if this is in Ranked PvP too, but I noticed it while PvPing someone in a friends Sultan's Palace.

Thanks
~Austin SwiftHorn

Armiger
May 10, 2010
That is not a glitch, that is how a convert works...

Now, if you put up a storm shield after he used a convert, then you would have been protected...

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
vohfam wrote:
I noticed in a PvP that casting a convert even after a shield has already been played, allows the spell to go around the shield.

ex: I cast a storm shield on the first round. In the second round my opponent casts a storm prism. on the third round my opponent attacks me with a storm spell, lets say Triton. The Triton will activate the storm prism changing it to myth and dealing full damage. The storm shield never went into effect.

I'm not sure if this is in Ranked PvP too, but I noticed it while PvPing someone in a friends Sultan's Palace.

Thanks
~Austin SwiftHorn

This belongs in the Player Versus Player section. This is not a bug in any way.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
vohfam wrote:

Yup. that's called strategy. That's exactly what you should be doing yourself if you're not.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Now, if you put up a storm shield after he used a convert, then you would have been protected...

No, the storm traps will break only if you put them after the storm prism. Converts go like this: Uses myth traps, then uses prism, then uses storm traps. All will break. I think it's a glitch, a while ago I used feint, and it didn't break. Neither did any other blade or trap. I think pvp is getting glitched.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
This is a part of the game.

Stop complaining, if someone wants to use a prism to go round your shield then they are allowed to.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:

No, the storm traps will break only if you put them after the storm prism. Converts go like this: Uses myth traps, then uses prism, then uses storm traps. All will break. I think it's a glitch, a while ago I used feint, and it didn't break. Neither did any other blade or trap. I think pvp is getting glitched.

who said anything about a storm trap?

We were talking about shields and converts, not traps...

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Put a myth shield before the prism, they wont go around it if they put a prism on. Then put the storm shields on