Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Raiding: A Well Thought Out Idea

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 28, 2009
Have you ever been bored with fighting bosses in dungeons to get gear? Well, how about raids!
In a raid, you must use school skills to clear obstacles like, trees, bushes, rocks, and even houses! Here are your basic skills:

Fire:
Basic Burn Down
You may burn one rank 1 to 3 obstacle

Ice:
Basic Freeze
You may freeze one rank 1 to 3 obstacle

Storm:
Basic Shock
You may electricute one rank 1 to 3 obstacle

Balance:
Basic Blast
You may remove 3 enemies from the street (dose not work in towers)

Life:
Basic Growth
You may bring 3 plants back to life

Death:
Basic Illness
You may kill 3 plants

Myth:
Basic Build
You may rebuild one Rank 1 to 2 building

You will have to use these abilities and more to go through the raids. Unlike normal areas, after you kill a street mob, a pile of bones will appear were it was. When you interact with it you play a looting minigame. Gold coins fly down realy fast and you must caych them in a bag. The stronger the mob, the more coins. At the end, you collect all your gold and may get an item. Boss looting is a bit different. A pile of bones appears and when you interact with it, cards appear. You pick one, and the one you picked flips over. It shows what loot you get. A random amount will appear. I think this would be more fun than dungeons. Each raid would be a large area the size of a Wizard City street.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
Pretty cool
I would really like to see a new form of fighting.
I wrote a post about a Free for all mode, but i think your idea is pretty cool

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
I think you might want to explain the plants thing, the obstacles, etc. For example, i was a bit confused why the Death wizard would want to kill a plant while the Life would want to bring it back to life...

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Explorer
May 28, 2009
fGYU2tKDtH wrote:
I think you might want to explain the plants thing, the obstacles, etc. For example, i was a bit confused why the Death wizard would want to kill a plant while the Life would want to bring it back to life...

Well...
Sometimes plants will block your path so you'll need to kill them. Sometimes plants may give you items or form something to help you procede, thus, needing to bring them to life or make them grow. Now you see?

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
And how would this fit into a RPG game!?

RPG: A game with a battlefield that you are unable to escape.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:
And how would this fit into a RPG game!?

RPG: A game with a battlefield that you are unable to escape.

A RPG is a role playing game!
RPG: A game with a questline, dungeons etc. etc.
This would fit into an RPG game. I am sorry but you are wrong. It's ok, everybody has opinions.