Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Higher level school minions

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
When minions were designed into the game, worlds like Celestia didn't exist.

The minions work very well - until you finish dragonspyre. After that, they're worthless and usually don't last even one round in battle. Yet having a minion with you when you can't find friends and don't have crowns for henchmen is really nice.

I would like to see new, high level minions added in. Schools could get their new minion at level 50, so that it was available for use in worlds like wintertusk, celestia, and so on (at least for those people that level normally).

Think about your wizards that are level 50 and up. If you could design a high level school specific minion to help them in battle, what would it do/be?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
I love this idea. I am only level 46 in Dragonspyre but im sure in later levels and worlds my minions will prove less and less useful. The enemies and bosses are getting smarter and they now attack your minions more frequently.

Although I am only level 46, I still have an idea. I am a Life student, and my Sprite Guardian is great, but at you level up, bosses and some enemies are attack her more and more. Hitting the Sprite Guardian with a high level spell, will knock her out in one hit (even the vampire would work).

So, for a high level Life minion, i have an idea: Dryad Defender. (The name might be changed, or maybe a centaur). This minion would be smarter, cause my Sprite heals me with satyr even when I have full health.

Minion Health: 900
Pip cost: 8

Spells known:

Sprite

Nature's Wrath

Spirit Armor

Seraph

Satyr

Centaur

Sanctuary

Dryad

Regenerate

Natural Attack: 640 Life damage. 7 pips.

Natural Heal: 100 Health per pip to all friends.

Special Ability: (used only in certain occasions) Absorb 100 damage per pip, and heal 120 per pip.

Rebirth

Minotaur

Heck Hound

Well there we are. The Rebirth spell would be only used if there is more than one friend in the battle, and the Minotaur and Heck Hound would be for Tower shield breaking.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
Dude you and I have like the same mind when it comes to minions I for one love them but they do become worthless I mean for example look at fires minion it only has like 5 spells and only 2 are attacks and those attacks are fire elf and normal link. Pathetic rite? O and also loil at deaths minions we get 14 different minions but they all suck. The only good ones are the ones that cost over 10 pips to summon. These are a few ideas I have bout the fire elemental minion that could and SHOULD be added, of you want the whole death minion idea I have an old post a few pages back like around Oct. 25th or some where around there and it's called "death needs a new minion that's not 14 pips" anyways about the fire elemental first of all it should have it's rank bumped up to at least 4 or 5 so it has some fire resist, it's health should increase to 650 by 50 to 725 by 60 to 810 and by 70 when zafaria comes out to 995. The pip cost would increase by 1 at lvl 50 increase by 1 by 2 at lvl 60 and by 3 at 70 and increase from it's base number of 3. It's powers pip chance would be 25 at 40, 35 at 50, and 50 at 60 and 65 at 70. Spells: lvl 40; yellow fire elf, sun bird, smoke screen, fire trap, fire blade, fire shield, lava shark, natural attack 90 fire damage per pip. 50; yellow elf, sun bird, lava shark, magma colossus, fire blade, fire trap, sprite, heck hound. 60; yellow elf, sun bird lava shark, magma colossus, heck hound, evil magma man, fire blade, fire trap, sprite, fire shield. 70; yellow elf, sun bird lava shark, magma colossus, inferno kracken, firezilla, heck hound, natural attack 105 fire damage per pip, sprite, fairy, ful, fire blade, fire shield power link, smoke screen, plague and finally the fire version of power nova the wearhouse boss uses every 3 rounds but it will cost 7 pips and minion will rarely use it.