Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Read!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
I wanted to post this. Why can we change our hair colour and style? I really made a mistake when choosing my hair colour and style. I would really like it if we could change it because I am also a major perfectionist and I am almost a grandmaster a I really do not want to start over.

Please consider this. Or, if you decide not to, consider making a good number of hats that are covers or shrouds, or ones that dont really show your hair.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
If it annoys you so much just make another wizard. I got mine to level 35 in about 3 weeks

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
earthwizardofdeath wrote:
I wanted to post this. Why can we change our hair colour and style? I really made a mistake when choosing my hair colour and style. I would really like it if we could change it because I am also a major perfectionist and I am almost a grandmaster a I really do not want to start over.

Please consider this. Or, if you decide not to, consider making a good number of hats that are covers or shrouds, or ones that dont really show your hair.

I agree.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
This has been suggested before-have a little salon, and for a few crowns, you can change your hair style and hair color. I think it's a wonderful idea, because people get tired of their wizard looking exactly the same for months on end. :D

Erin Ice Weaver, Legendary Ice

Molly, Legendary Life
Fallon Rose Petal (such a girly name!) Master Storm and assorted pets.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Loreis04 wrote:
This has been suggested before-have a little salon, and for a few crowns, you can change your hair style and hair color. I think it's a wonderful idea, because people get tired of their wizard looking exactly the same for months on end. :D

Erin Ice Weaver, Legendary Ice

Molly, Legendary Life
Fallon Rose Petal (such a girly name!) Master Storm and assorted pets.

I agree. I want to change my wizard's looks REALY badly.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010

I am also a TOTAL perfectionist with EVERYTHING! I agree on the topic aswell. You can change your skin hair and color for 500 crowns atleast. Never your face.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
there are several unlit shops in the shopping district that could suffice.
and it would be real handy right in wizard city...

and you could add some new styles for both male and female.

since you have long hair for guys how about a short hair for gilrs
and i dont mean all curly short...

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I happen to know for a fact that other games allow you to change your whole appearence, :-) after you are in the game for a while. :D
Not your name, :( just your face and body.
If it can be done machanicaly, sooo
why not W101!! :?
I say go for it! :D ( I could do for a change myself )
Morissa RainbowCrafter...Storm
Marissa SparkleSinger......Life
Marissa DreamCloud........... Myth
Marissa PearlBlossom......... Fire

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
I like my look. I really don't think that our appearances have much indifference to the game... :?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
KingsIsle is WORKING ON THIS. By the moodha, do a flaming SEARCH for this sort of topic, and you would have seen it's been brought up many times, and that in one of them Professor Greyrose made this quoted Post on September 10, 2011:

Professor Greyrose wrote:
We understand a players desire to change their appearance, believe we have been listening. We like the idea too, but we're still looking at whether or not the benefits would outweigh the extensive amount of design, programming and art work it would take.

As for changing a Wizard's name, we have already addressed this several times on the message boards. Once you have chosen a name, it cannot be changed, ever. You are free to create a new Wizard and choose the new name more carefully, but we will not be allowing players to change their Wizard's name.

I added Bold to the important part of the quote.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
fGYU2tKDtH wrote:
I like my look. I really don't think that our appearances have much indifference to the game... :?

Well the topic does not revolve around you.

You are free to post your opinion, but I am just telling you, it matters allot to over 50% of Kingsisle players, most likely. And don't think that just because you posted this, does not mean that they won't. Sorry to say.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Johnist wrote:
KingsIsle is WORKING ON THIS. By the moodha, do a flaming SEARCH for this sort of topic, and you would have seen it's been brought up many times, and that in one of them Professor Greyrose made this quoted Post on September 10, 2011:

Professor Greyrose wrote:
We understand a players desire to change their appearance, believe we have been listening. We like the idea too, but we're still looking at whether or not the benefits would outweigh the extensive amount of design, programming and art work it would take.

As for changing a Wizard's name, we have already addressed this several times on the message boards. Once you have chosen a name, it cannot be changed, ever. You are free to create a new Wizard and choose the new name more carefully, but we will not be allowing players to change their Wizard's name.

Thanks for the repost, Johnist. I missed this one when Professor Greyrose posted it.

Awesome! My poor, gray-haired Necromancer really wants to update her look. That Halloween hat is getting a little old 8)

Many thanks to KI for listening to devoted players.

Warmest Regards,

qbb/Moira Shadowmancer, Legendary Necromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009

I wonder why KI hasn't addressed this yet (or at least I don't remember then addressing this) since everyone and their grandma has been asking for this since I don't even know when.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I wonder why KI hasn't addressed this yet (or at least I don't remember then addressing this) since everyone and their grandma has been asking for this since I don't even know when.

AkihiroHattori5, please go and reread the quote I posted from Professor Greyrose. They are trying to see if the required effort is worth it overall.
We like the idea too, but we're still looking at whether or not the benefits would outweigh the extensive amount of design, programming and art work it would take.

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
The reason this probably hasn't been adressed is because they probably need to adress some more important things.

Would you rather they have left chain stunning and wild bolt and have worked on this instead? Or how about a random glitch that would allow people to exploit different factors of pvp and/or quests.

Since a new world has come out, a lot of new things in pvp probably need tweaking, but after that, there really isn't anything I can think of besides new content so I would assume this should be something they would begin to think about.

Or maybe they've been slowly working on it for the past several months. People always want the new content instead of the additional features. Also, in order to make this a worthy project, they would have to add a lot more character features that would make it worth the time. That art work and programing for that would simply be time consuming.
This sort of thing doesn't just happen over night, or after months time, as it may delay a new world release that much as well.

I' d assume no one wants to wait over a year for a new "story line" world.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Johnist wrote:
AkihiroHattori5, please go and reread the quote I posted from Professor Greyrose. They are trying to see if the required effort is worth it overall.

We like the idea too, but we're still looking at whether or not the benefits would outweigh the extensive amount of design, programming and art work it would take.

I see, thank you.