Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New level 78 spell ideas. Please read.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
Here are my lvl 78 spell ideas. I know its a little early but I always have ideas. These are all 10 pips.

Attack Spells

Life: Pan - 355 + 540 life damage over three rounds, -35% accuracy, and dispel next outgoing Myth and Death spell to all enemies.

Myth: Manticore - 70, plus 710 Myth damage, reduce threat and remove 2 positive wards, and 35% weakness to all enemies.

Death: Revenant - 560 Death damage, convert half to Health, plus 345 Death damage over three rounds, -45% accuracy to next two spells.

Fire: Pyro Spirit - 1040-1120 Fire damage, -25% to next three damage spells.

Ice: Skadi - 890-920 Ice damage, -70% to next two damage spells to self.

Storm: Charybdis - 1260-1340 Storm damage, majorly reduce threat on target.

Balance: Stellar Titan - 340 + 560 Balance damage over three rounds, plus 20% damage for four rounds to caster. (Amplify)

Well there we are. Please reply and tell me what you think.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
earthwizardofdeath wrote:
Here are my lvl 78 spell ideas. I know its a little early but I always have ideas. These are all 10 pips.

Life: Pan - 260 + 525 Life damage over three rounds, and -35% accuracy and dispel next out going death and myth spell to all enemies.

Myth: Manticore - 70, plus 710 Myth damage, reduce threat and remove 2 positive wards, and 35% weakness to all enemies.

Death: Revenant - 560 Death damage, convert half to Health, plus 345 Death damage over three rounds, -45% accuracy to next two spells.

Fire: Pyro Spirit - 310 + 675 Fire damage over three rounds, -25% to next three damage spells.

Storm: Call of the Sea - 1250 Storm damage, plus 20% accuracy to self.

Balance: Scylla - 410 Storm damage, 100 + 345 Fire damage over three rounds, and 230 Ice damage and stun for one round.

The life is pretty goood ice is good but balance is bad storm is VERY bad considering storm doesnt need an accuracy boost anymore, fire is a bit too underpowered, myth should do more like 100 damage and then 920 or something like that, death is nice

Kevin gianthammer-60 storm 60 balance Jack Ash-49 myth 43 fire

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Survivor
May 10, 2011

Life: Pan - 260 + 525 Life damage over three rounds, and -35% accuracy and dispel next out going death and myth spell to all enemies.

Fire: Pyro Spirit - 310 + 675 Fire damage over three rounds, -25% to next three damage spells.

Balance: Scylla - 410 Storm damage, 100 + 345 Fire damage over three rounds, and 230 Ice damage and stun for one round.

I like your thinking. Except make the death damage do a little bit more than 560, maybe like, 720.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
fire should be more damage, the new rain of fire is already 300 then plus 900 over time, if should be atleast 1000 damage or something and no over time fire has had a lot of ovvertimes already XD (scald fire elf magma man(its a sun spell) fire dragon and rain of fire) i think it should kinda be like efreet fire has kind of a pattern of quest spells like fire dragon is over time hit efreet is not rain of fire is over time so next spell should not and death might be underpowered to my friend has katzensteins monster and it is 860 or something so it should atleast be over 900 life and myth are good ideas and ice should maybe do one shield to self instead of two, balance hmm i think balance is fine but maybe storm should change to posiedon or neptune cause call of the sea doesnt sound right like "i am gonna call of the sea next round" just doesnt sound right XD still the spell stuff is good

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
LegionGod wrote:

I like your thinking. Except make the death damage do a little bit more than 560, maybe like, 720.

That's a bit much, take in consideration that it is Half to health, AND -45% accuracy for the next 2 spells.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Here are my new level 78 spell ideas.

Storm-Kraken-900-1000
A giant squid comes in and its tentacles wrap around the target.

Fire-Spark-500+250 over three rounds and fuel(3 fire traps)to all enemies.
A spark flicker 4 times then a fire erupts a the enemies.

Ice-Avalanche-780-875
A snow covered mountain pops up and you hear a loud noise and the mountain crumbles on the target.

Death-Jack-O-Lantern-800-850 and swap half to you and 50 to teammates.
A jack-o-lantern comes up says boo then dissapears.

Life-Roots-780-890to all enemies and heal 455 to all teammates.
A tree shows up and roots sprout up to your team and enemies.

Myth-Trojan Horse-800-900 to all enemies.
A wooden horse pulls up and solders with swords and shields come out and attack the enemies.

Balance-Sand Dunes-100 damage of each school including balance (700)
7 sand dunes show up and then fall on target doing 100 for every school one at a time (first dune one school second one another etc.)

Those are my ideas ki please use them in the game or at least read them.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Life: Pan - 355 + 540 life damage over three rounds, -35% accuracy, and dispel next outgoing Myth and Death spell to all enemies.

Wow, where do I start? Okay, needless to say, this is way overpowered for Life. Why a DoT? Life does not need a DoT. Where does this weakness come from? Weakening spells is really a Balance ability. How is Life able to dispel Myth and Death attacks to all enemies with one spell? There's just too much going on here and none of it is inherently Life. By the way, Life already has an Pan-inspired spell: Satyr.

Again, way overpowered. Why does the spell attack the targets, but effect the caster? Why does this spell remove only two shield after it attacks? And again with the Weakness? By the way, Myth spells are usually influenced by Greek mythology, while the manticore is from Persian mythology.

Again, way overpowered. So..the spell deals 560 damage, converts half to health, then deals 345 DoT damage, then casts two -45% Weakness? What is this? Just, no.

This doesn't seem as overpowered as the others, but still. It deals over 1000 and still casts 3 -35% Weaknesses? It's too much.

Um...who would use this?

Compared to the others, this one is okay.

Balance: Stellar Titan - 340 + 560 Balance damage over three rounds, plus 20% damage for four rounds to caster. (Amplify)

Another misplaced DoT. And the one place you could've actually put a Weakness and it be appropriate, and you chose to put an Astral effect? *facepalm*

General Comments: Dial it down a notch...or 10.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
I have noticed, that most comments have included the spells are to over powering. These spells, slightly do fall into that category. I am a Life wizard, so say I casted the Life spell, and kinda like a treasure card you get the other cards,( weaknesses, healing, shields etc.), after casting the attack spell. Just my personal thought :)

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
Life: Well Pan is associated with the Satyr and there is already a Satyr spell. It's a little too much since accuracy lowering isn't really part of Life.

Myth: Overall it's okay but Weakness isn't part of Myth either, and the damage is a little low.

Death: Death Spells follow a pattern of Drain-Damage-Drain-Damage-etc. So the next Death Spell would be a Damage spell so Drain is a no.

Fire: The idea is kind of plain and the accuracy lowering is too much.

Ice: Okay.

Storm: I think the damage should be lowered, and another part should be added like +Accuracy or +Damage.

Balance: Eh, it's a little plain and you added an Astral part to it so it doesn't match at all and the damage is a little little low.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Wow, where do I start? Okay, needless to say, this is way overpowered for Life. Why a DoT? Life does not need a DoT. Where does this weakness come from? Weakening spells is really a Balance ability. How is Life able to dispel Myth and Death attacks to all enemies with one spell? There's just too much going on here and none of it is inherently Life. By the way, Life already has an Pan-inspired spell: Satyr.

The spell might be a little overpowered, but barely for a DoT. DoT spells are more powerful than normal spells AkihiroHattori5, or haven't you noticed? Also, just because you may not like the idea, doesn't mean others dont, or that it should not be incorperated.

I don't agree with the - accuracy and the dispels, but how can you say that a life spell should not get a spell with dispel death/myth? There is an imp spell that gives dispel Life/Death! It is a weak spell that costs 5 pips, but it is quite effective. You really need to expand your horizons a bit and quit being so close minded to what is so school specific, especially, when you are so biased about some things in particular.

Again, way overpowered. Why does the spell attack the targets, but effect the caster? Why does this spell remove only two shield after it attacks? And again with the Weakness? By the way, Myth spells are usually influenced by Greek mythology, while the manticore is from Persian mythology.

I agree, he has too much going on at the same time. I think he means pierce 2 shields, but he could mean removes 2 traps from self. Who knows. Why the reduce threat and weakness?

AkihiroHattori5 is correct though about Manticore not being Greek Mythology. But who knows, sometimes it's good to think outside the box.

Again, way overpowered. So..the spell deals 560 damage, converts half to health, then deals 345 DoT damage, then casts two -45% Weakness? What is this? Just, no.

I have to agree with AkihiroHattori5 on this one, way too powerful. A DoT that is a drain? Does that mean it will also have a HoT? Then, on top of the drain, you want 2 more weaknesses to be cast? Yeah, way too overpowered.

This doesn't seem as overpowered as the others, but still. It deals over 1000 and still casts 3 -35% Weaknesses? It's too much.

He has a thing for weakness, it's in most of his spells, if not all.

Um...who would use this?

I would have to check the damage of Wolly Mammoth, but I kinda like the 2 -70% shields after the attack idea. Although, Ice just got a singular attack, can't see another one back to back.

Compared to the others, this one is okay.

Yeah, but no description?

Another misplaced DoT. And the one place you could've actually put a Weakness and it be appropriate, and you chose to put an Astral effect? *facepalm*

Another misplaced DoT? You do realize AkihiroHattori5, that, the only schools that do not have a DoT spell, are Life and Balance? Well storm too if we are talking trainable. DoT spells are not Fire Specific and sole propietary of Fire. They don't have copyrights to that spell.

What I do agree with, is why Amplify as an added effect?

General Comments: Dial it down a notch...or 10.

Some tweaks are definitely needed, but not bad for a rough draft, nobody gets them perfect off the bat, not AkihiroHattori5, nor myself.

They are all, a work in progress.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I have a pretty good idea for the rank 10 death spell:

Crypt Spider
900 drain damage and convert half to heal and stun 1 round to all enemies.

"A tomb laced in cobwebs rises out of the ground. Screen zooms inside and 3 pairs of red eyes open one pair at a time. Screen shudders and tomb explodes. Giant spider appears, lots of tiny spiders escape from a mound of web behind the giant spider. Spider rears back and strikes enemy, it pulls back because its fangs are still embedded. Blue energy runs up the string connecting the spider and its fangs. Spider turns to caster and spits a giant ball of blue energy onto the caster. Spider turns to opponent, raises its abdomen and squirts silk onto the opponent and spins it around the enemy while little spiders scurry towards the foe. Then stun" ( to all enemies )

Sorry if this is long.

Sincerely, Jeffrey Spirithunter
lvl 70 Necromancer
"No pain, no gain..."

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
These are my lvl 78 spell ideas with pets. They are rank 10 spells.

Death-Werewolf 789 steal to all enemies and -45 accuracy. Pet Werewolf.

Life-Forest Warrior 998 damage and 480 absorb to all friends. Pet Gnome

Myth- Zeus 199 and 999 damage and stun for 1 round to all. Pet Basillisk.

Balance-Cleopatra 1300 damage of fire, ice, storm, death, myth or life. Pet Ra

Fire-Fire Storm!!! 555+567 damage over three rounds to all and plus 30% to
next fire spell by 3. Pet Eefret.

Storm-Hurricane!!!! 1103 damage and plus 30% to next storm spell to all. Pet Levithan.

Ice-Avalanche!!! 990 damage over 3 rounds and stun for 2 rounds random to all.
Pet Wolly Mammath.

I hope you all like them