Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Phantoms

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Here's an idea, and i really want to hear what people think about it. If a player constantly fights monsters, then there is a rare chance that a phantom will appear on that world. Phantoms look exactly like other players and hunt down the player that made it appear, but the player can choose on the options menu if they can appear at all. Once the phantom has found the player, a battle will start, the phantom has the same stats as a "typical" player that level. If the player beats the phantom, it will congratulate the player and give it an equipment reward. The equipment has the same stats of the best possible equipment that is the player's school only, for example, a lvl 60 storm wizard may get the equivalent of a skyscream cape, but all equipment looks like assassin gear :) There is also an even rarer chance that the player will meet a "mirror" phantom, who is exactly like the player in every way. When a player is being tracked down for the first time, he/she will be warned, afterward, the player can tell weather there is a phantom by the map, witch will tell the exact location of the phantom. Maybe, at lvl 70, players will be able to go into the phantom's hideout as a dungeon, similar to the waterworks and tower of the helephant.

Also, phantoms cannot attack you in non combat zones, and will hide somewhere and follow you into a combat area, I will also say, even though I said it earlier, a player can choose if they want phantoms to come at all, they don't have to come if the player doesn't want them to. The higher rank the monster, the more likely the phantom will come, but at a higher level, Phantom chance decreases, this pretty much prevents high leveled players from overusing the phantoms for their high lvl equipment. If the player is fighting a monster of the same school, then he/she has a better chance as they are problematic to fight(excludes rnk 1 monsters). A phantom fight with another player cannot be entered, it is 1v1 only. If you lose against a phantom, it will disappear and you will have to make another one follow you.
In most dungeons, phantoms are more likely to appear, however, in special dungeons like waterworks, they can't appear.

Phantoms are pretty much a nothing-to-lose addition, and provide a secondary way of obtaining those special dungeon items while still posing a challenge. People repeat dungeons constantly to get the items they want,
and it's not fun and can be frustrating, but if you just play the game normally, phantoms can be an exiting and fun way of obtaining the items you want,(and assassin gear would look cool!)

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Sounds kinda strange, something hunting you down, the idea alos kinda creeps me out too.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
I have to say I'm intrigued... I don't see any unavoidable reasons to not use this idea...Except for maybe lag, but for the most part I think that's already a problem otherwise X3

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
lilycat1111 wrote:
Sounds kinda strange, something hunting you down, the idea alos kinda creeps me out too.

Not strange, in fact, it makes sense, think about it, if you defeat a hundred men irl, is nothing going to happen to you? Yes, the police will get after you. If you defeat many monsters, realistically, the people in control of them will try to find out who did it, then send someone to deal with you. Also, creeping out=scared, some people like being scared, and scared=exited. If you still disagree, I said twice that you can have it so that you will never be hunted, by the options menu.