Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interacting with furniture.

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
I resent being treated like I'm this menacing, nefarious dragon, ready to breathe fire on people's ideas and burn them to a crisp. That's not how I mean to come off, and I'm sorry if I do.

Um, a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? I have read many of your posts, and appreciate the benefit of your experience and knowledge of the game. But, no offense, you're not always that diplomatic. I am not offended by this, but you surely realize that people are touchy these days, yes? Likely to take offense where none is intended. Or, to borrow your metaphor, to feel like they've gotten third degree burns when the air is just a little warmer than they'd like. :?

I also appreciate that you have a good vocabulary, oh, nefarious one. :-)

Cheers,

Tabitha

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Well stratigically placed envelopes can cause you characters to "drop down" into a chair or bench giving the impression of "sitting". Because of that interactable chairs aren't neccesary, and the flood of complaints about "somebody sat on me" for interacting with the same furniture item you did, won't have to be dealt with.
Keeping this in mind Do Not Expect interactable furniture! And FYI an interactable bed to sleep on !?! Don't ever expect to see that! I just had to report somebody for telling my daughter he wanted to "frank" her. Not Cool.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
Um, a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? I have read many of your posts, and appreciate the benefit of your experience and knowledge of the game. But, no offense, you're not always that diplomatic. I am not offended by this, but you surely realize that people are touchy these days, yes? Likely to take offense where none is intended. Or, to borrow your metaphor, to feel like they've gotten third degree burns when the air is just a little warmer than they'd like. :?

I also appreciate that you have a good vocabulary, oh, nefarious one. :-)

Cheers,

Tabitha

I don't see how I was being "hyperbolic". There have been several occasions where people have attacked or berated me like I insulted them (or someone else in certain cases) in the most vicious way possible when all I did was voice my opinion. I don't see any other way to take that. I know that I'm not always diplomatic, but (and I'm not specifically addressing you here) have you realized what this is? It's a game forum. I don't recall the word 'diplomacy' ever coming up in the Forum's Code of Conduct, and I find it bizarre that people expect to find it here. That's like expecting to find clothing at a supermarket: it's not rare, but expecting to find them in any supermarket you enter just isn't realistic. If one gets their feelings hurt easily I'd think one would stay away from a forum, especially a part of the forum where ideas are submitted for peer feedback. Now what I wish people would learn is just because I don't agree with your opinions doesn't mean I'm attacking you, just because I don't like your idea doesn't mean I'm complaining, and just because I don't tell everyone their idea is amazing and should be considered by KI, or tell everyone their opinion is lucid and correct, that doesn't mean I'm being blatantly discourteous.

On a lighter note, thank you for noticing my extensive vocabulary. It's nice to see someone appreciate it rather than verbally scratch their head at it and ask me to "translate" what I said into laymen's terms.

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 I agree with you about not having housing items with interactions. And I agree for the same reasons - KI has limited resources, any time/energy/money spent on making items interactive is time not spent on making new worlds, new spells, increasing levels, or creating new gear.

Now, if KI had had dozens of worlds and thousands of hours of quests available, then I think it would be fine to have this addition. As many posters have stated, they would be willing to spend Crowns to get interactive items. This would ultimately incrase KI's bottem line allowing more adventuring game content.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
I don't think KI will ever allow wizards to lie down. I probably don't need to explain why, but suffice it to say this is a family game, and that function could be abused, leading to, shall we say, inappropriate behavior. But sitting! Yes, yes. I have all these nice sitting areas in my houses and can't sit. It's annoying, and makes the houses mostly, as someone said, window dressing. Please let us sit down and have tea :-) with our friends.
oh i'm sry i should have explained better i ment only the owner of the house or dorm room would be able to lie down in there house/dorm and only in thier's no where else.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
oh i just thought of this the fire would light and be put out diffrenty (and magically) for each school(I would suggest a diffrent color but how would the fire be able to tell and it would be too much work) well for fire they would send out fire small or big depending on if it is a candle of fire place diming it they would suck the flame of fire out and dissipate it. for storm would send out a spark or small lightning bolt depending on size and make it rain to put it out. for ice well idk for lighting the fire sombody plz give an idea fr that but for putting it out they would freeze the flame. for balance scince the newest spell is Ra a beam of sunlight would appear and light it for putting it out um i guess a sand storm would swirl around it puttinng it out. for myth they would summon a minion to do it for them same for putting it out. i cant think of other classes right now but i will edit it later

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
There have been many, many posts regarding this. Almost everyone agrees. Why KI doesn't pay attention is beyond me. I see no harm in allowing people to sit, individually, at a table, in a chair, on a park bench, etc.

I'd expect they're working on it rather than ignoring. So many updates so far i'm sure it's been busy. I agree with this post except for laying in beds for special reasons.
I can understand the special reasons for not allowing players to lay in a bed but even this can be gotten around if KI really wanted to, an example of this would be that if a player chooses to lay in a bed then their home becomes off limits to other players until they are up and out of bed, this would ensure that no one would be able to say anything negative about this ability in the game. Another thing that could be used is a clothing closet that actually works in the game. :-)