Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adult realm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
As a fairly new wizard, I was wondering if there is a particular realm that adults tend to migrate to. Thanks for any information.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
UncleGlenny wrote:
As a fairly new wizard, I was wondering if there is a particular realm that adults tend to migrate to. Thanks for any information.
Nope

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
UncleGlenny wrote:

used to be pixie. not sure any more.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
UncleGlenny wrote:

Try "Pixie" realm.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Once again, we must explain. No, there will never be an adult realm. Anyways, kids like me would sneak in. It's too easy. If you don't want kids on a family game, well I guess your out of luck. Open Chat isn't that fun anymore cause everyone has gotten into it, causing it to have many restrictions. It just doesn't work. I'm tired of adults trying to get away from families on a family game. It makes no sense. If you want adults play WoW. Not this.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
UncleGlenny wrote:

I don't think so. Creating one has been brought up before, but that thread didn't end well...

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Many adults play on Pixie realm. Another option is to stick with the "Perfect" realms and play at times when kids are less likely to be in-game, like during the day and later in the evening.

Have fun,

qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
It would be nice. No offense to the younger players but I would rather older players on my friends list. I like to talk when I play and its nice to talk about work and kids with people that have them. I have found a few adults in the game but other then out right asking you have no idea if the person you are in a battle with is a adult; maybe a badge indicating someone is over 18 would work.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
I've met most of my adult friends in Pixie realm. Pixie seems to be less populated which makes it more attractive to some adult players.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Sorry no. This has been asked by many players for about 3 years now, and KI still hasn't given it. Maybe you can make a secret realm and area for adults? You never know, it might be a hit!

~KSB :D

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
UncleGlenny wrote:

I've seen reference to the Pixie and Scarecrow realms, however, I've found tons of kids there. I usually play in the Saytr realm... seems to have more older kids and adults.

Defender
May 31, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:
Once again, we must explain. No, there will never be an adult realm. Anyways, kids like me would sneak in. It's too easy. If you don't want kids on a family game, well I guess your out of luck. Open Chat isn't that fun anymore cause everyone has gotten into it, causing it to have many restrictions. It just doesn't work. I'm tired of adults trying to get away from families on a family game. It makes no sense. If you want adults play WoW. Not this.

I am wondering how carefully you read the OP's question?

The person was not asking for an adult only realm. He was only asking if there was a realm that adults tend to hang out in. I saw nothing in his question that stated he didn't want kids around. You were assuming a lot there. Kids like to hang out and talk with other kids, teens like to hang out with teens. Nothing wrong with wanting to talk to people who are around your age and know where you are coming from when you talk to them.

Even at family gatherings after everyone has a meal together and enjoy each others company, the kids go off and play their games and the adults sit around and chat with each other, but that doesn't mean the grownups are excluding the kids or the kids excluding the grown ups. It is just that sometimes you like to hang around people your own age.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I'm tired of adults trying to get away from families on a family game. It makes no sense. If you want adults play WoW. Not this.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trying to get away from families," but many of us started playing this game to hang with our kids more, not less. My son and I have a lot of fun playing together. But if you are just objecting to the notion of an "adult realm," I have to agree--although not for the reasons you probably have. Kids want to have all the rights/privileges of adults. Many of their parents let them have open chat for this reason. Conversely, many adults seem to act like kids--judging from the language and behaviors of many of the open chatters, I can't really tell who's an adult and who isn't. Immaturity, in other words, has little to do with age. A couple of the most mature people I've met here have text chat--I assume they are about 13-15 or so. An adult realm, in other words, is no guarantee of adult behavior--just as text or menu chat is no guarantee of immaturity. Let's just hang with the people whose behavior we like and feel comfortable with--regardless of age.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
As has been said, there isn't any kind of adult-oriented realm. Probably, as also has been pointed out, everyone would sneak in anyway. It would be a pain to maintain, too, as it would run the risk of splitting up families playing together.

Your best bet is, really, to look for people with Open Chat. Alternatively, listen to what people talk about - in most cases, I find, you can pick out the adults (or at least those worth talking to and playing with) based on what they say.

Wizard has a fixed amount of people that can be on each realm (barring a buffer for the wizards teleporting to their friends in a full realm), so if you play at the peak hours, you'll be randomly slotted into an available realm.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
Ease up, some of you! I'm not looking to avoid younger players, but rather find more like-minded people to play with. Simple as that. I did play WoW, for many years. There are still plenty of adults and kids alike who ruin the fun of that game as well.

I have a few teens on my list who I enjoy chatting with, and who have a firm grasp on the deeper strategies of Wizard. I'm sure younger players probably enjoy playing with folks their own age as well.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
safyrmoon wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

The person was not asking for an adult only realm. He was only asking if there was a realm that adults tend to hang out in. I saw nothing in his question that stated he didn't want kids around. You were assuming a lot there. Kids like to hang out and talk with other kids, teens like to hang out with teens. Nothing wrong with wanting to talk to people who are around your age and know where you are coming from when you talk to them.

Even at family gatherings after everyone has a meal together and enjoy each others company, the kids go off and play their games and the adults sit around and chat with each other, but that doesn't mean the grownups are excluding the kids or the kids excluding the grown ups. It is just that sometimes you like to hang around people your own age.

Thank you!

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
UncleGlenny wrote:
Ease up, some of you! I'm not looking to avoid younger players, but rather find more like-minded people to play with. Simple as that. I did play WoW, for many years. There are still plenty of adults and kids alike who ruin the fun of that game as well.

I have a few teens on my list who I enjoy chatting with, and who have a firm grasp on the deeper strategies of Wizard. I'm sure younger players probably enjoy playing with folks their own age as well.

My apologies, I have made a mistake . Haha, sorry if I have offended any of you. I just haven't come to good relation with adults in the past, even being a mature teen. Some of them dont use the right language but I have judged all adults by only a couple. Super sorry!!!

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
UncleGlenny wrote:

I think a lot of younger kids go to realms like Ambrose, Scarecrow, Kraken, or any other cool sounding name, because I'm one. I tend to see a lot of wizards with text chat in Satyr and Wu.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Fin3cy6 wrote:
UncleGlenny wrote:

I think a lot of younger kids go to realms like Ambrose, Scarecrow, Kraken, or any other cool sounding name, because I'm one. I tend to see a lot of wizards with text chat in Satyr and Wu.
ya well girls go to a more peaceful sounding name like blossom or something but all the kids dont go to boring sounds but as far as i know as a teen when i go to wu or something i NEVER find no text chat players couple text chat and everybody else is open chat

Defender
May 31, 2011
UncleGlenny wrote:
safyrmoon wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

Thank you!

You are welcome.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
foxtrump wrote:
It would be nice. No offense to the younger players but I would rather older players on my friends list. I like to talk when I play and its nice to talk about work and kids with people that have them. I have found a few adults in the game but other then out right asking you have no idea if the person you are in a battle with is a adult; maybe a badge indicating someone is over 18 would work.

Foxtrump, usually you can tell an adult from a kid by the way they chat. Better spelling for one and sentences not as fragmented. But ASK, I do, and yes I am an adult. I do have a couple of kids on my friends list, but they are also children of some of my friends. But they don't jump into one of my battles without asking and they don't call for help unless they really need it.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
UncleGlenny wrote:

My apologies, I have made a mistake . Haha, sorry if I have offended any of you. I just haven't come to good relation with adults in the past, even being a mature teen. Some of them dont use the right language but I have judged all adults by only a couple. Super sorry!!!

Your above remark shows great maturity. I am an adult and I really appreciate the teen friends that help me out in game. I do not discuss my age and enjoying talking to most players who strike up a conversation. I am sorry you have not had good relationships with adults. Sometimes we just don't understand and sometimes kids, teens, young adults, don't give us the benefit of understanding if you would just talk to us. (in real life too, not just game) I believe the OP just wants some adults in the mix to talk to but not to exclude younger folks.

LOL you are right about language barriers. Every generation speaks differently, their own vocabulary. But on this game I think we try to learn and most of us try to understand and speak where everyone can understand. I am glad you admitted you misunderstood and I appreciate your original message considering that you did not get what was said. I even agree with your statement under those circumstances. This is a family game and I love it because of that. Hang in there. There are some great adults in the world who do care or try to understand. You are on the right track. Just keep trying to explain what you are feeling and why. You are on the right track. Many adults cannot admit they misunderstood or made a mistake. Good for you!