Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wizard 101 on wii

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Defender
May 17, 2011
AnthonyV20 wrote:
I think this is a awsome idea.
well, what would it be about? i think that it should have these worlds, but with shorter storylines: Wizard city, Krokotopia, dragonspyer, and maybe celestia. gosh this would be awesome! or ds game would be cool too (game system, not dragonspyre)!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
@AnthonyV20,

I agree.

The problem seems to be the weak browser, name withheld , that is part of the Wii platform. I have yet to find a way to change the Wii's web browser to one of my choice.

If anyone has been successful with this, please post instructions for how to complete the process.

Hopeful thanks in advance,

Queenlybluebean

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
@AnthonyV20,

I agree.

The problem seems to be the weak browser, name withheld , that is part of the Wii platform. I have yet to find a way to change the Wii's web browser to one of my choice.

If anyone has been successful with this, please post instructions for how to complete the process.

Hopeful thanks in advance,

Queenlybluebean

if you are talking about downloading wizard101 on a Wii then that is pretty much impossible. it takes like 518 megabytes of data to download windows on an internet abled device. (cause you need to have windows to play W101) and an sd card holds only like 2-8 megabytes of memory. and the highest amount of memory on an sd card i have ever seen was like 20 or something but anyway you also need to download wizard101 too! so yeah you cant download W101 on a Wii, sry!!!!!!! but if kingsisle literally made a game that you can put into a Wii (as a disc) not as many people would play W101 on a computer at that point. and you couldn't play it on a Wii with people on a PC live. but that would be cool i guess

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
I would buy it. Then you don't have to pay for subs, though we might need some crowns, or the crown items can be lots of gold.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
There's got to be a work around for this.

I can see the limitation of data storage as an obstacle to using the Wii to run Wizard on the teevee.

I'm thinking of investing in a little box that will turn my teevee into an Internet device that runs Chrome. If I can do this, maybe I can download the Wizard files to an external hard disk and plug it into the little magic box.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone an experience with loading the Wizard game onto and running it from an external hard disk?

Oh, and I totally would not like to see a Wii Wizard 101 console game, but it would be super cool if KI could somehow use that platform to deliver the game files for use in a similar fashion to MarioCart or SmashBros global.

Oh, to dream...

Qbb/Iridian

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
The Wii system is not a very powerful system and would likely cause massive lag. Also, it is not designed for PC-game style gaming. KingsIsle would have to farm out the work or hire people specifically trained in Wii Programing and then it would cause greater delay in updates due to having to code the game for another system before the update can be released.

The same would be true for XBox360 and PlayStation3 systems. Each system requiring its own coding meaning more finances going out to hire more hands, more servers, etc. Also, it is very very difficult to have PC, PS3, and 360 speak to each other, hence why not even World of Warcraft has gone 'Console'.

I'm sorry, but 'Console' Wizard101 would have to be something entirely different than our Windows-Based Wizard101, with no connection to our windows characters or anything like that, and each console would have to have its own servers.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The problem is that Wizard101 is programmed (e.g built) to play on a PC. Nintendo Wii, Xbox, Playstation etc all use different "languages" for their games (which is also why you can't put a Xbox game into your Playstation and expect it to do more than make odd whirring noises). If Wizard101 was to be moved to the Wii, it would need to be re-written from the ground and up.

Besides... I don't really think the Wii got enough power to run Wizard101, anyway. A Wii got a mere 730 MHz of CPU power, only three quarters of the MINIMUM requirement for Wizard101 (I got twice that, and Wizard is still running as slow as molasses in crowded areas).

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
hobi wrote:
i would like to see it for x box kinects

I would love to see it on xbox or maybe wii. It is a great game and it should work well with wii or kinect

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
I can't really see it on wii. Unless the controls were with holding the wiimote sideways, it seems sort of weird. I can't even begin to imagine how motion controls would fit in. Though if it were on DS I'd certainly buy it, MMO or regular RPG. Heck, a 3DS version would be sick. Imagine casting some spells in 3D. o.o

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
You know Wizard101 was made for the computer for a reason. Taking it off would be no fun. :?

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
Bad idea because what are the controls gonna be and wizard101 is an MMORPG
a multiplayer game