Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reserve Experience

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2011
I actually have two ideas.

First, reserve experience. Meaning that once someone hits the max level, any experience that they get goes into a type of saving, so that when new levels come out, that experience earned while at highest level goes to the character. Not wasting experience in other words.

Second idea, the packs, I understand it is pulled at random. But sometimes it is ridiculous. One time I got a Nightmare pack and I got two bat wings that last for only a day (how can I use them both when they are exactly the same thing?). I think it needs to be changed so that a person won't get two of the same items in one pack. I also find it frustrating that I have tried about 30 times to get the nightmare mount, and I still haven't gotten it. I actually keep getting common items, and rarely will I get something worth saving. Yet, I have a friend who it took only two tries, and another friend only three tries. I believe that chances of getting rare items should increase with each buy.

Thanks,
Seth NightFlame (Level 53 pyromancer)

Survivor
May 01, 2010
DreamLucid wrote:
... I believe that chances of getting rare items should increase with each buy. ...

ABSOLUETLY AGREE! Over $60 dollars spent on crowns that went directly to the Nightmare pack explicitly for the mount and never got it!!! I understand the reason behind buying crowns and support that totally, but when you can spend $39 for an Epic Bundle card that gives you a mount, house, pets, and extras it really get frustrating to "Waste" money on crowns. A simple tweak of the randomizer that generates what you get in the packs based on how many packs you've bought would make the entire "pack" purchase part of the game much more enjoyable and not make you feel cheated (as I and many of those I've discussed this with feel).

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
DreamLucid wrote:
I actually have two ideas.

First, reserve experience. Meaning that once someone hits the max level, any experience that they get goes into a type of saving, so that when new levels come out, that experience earned while at highest level goes to the character. Not wasting experience in other words.

Thanks,
Seth NightFlame (Level 53 pyromancer)

This doesn't make sense to me. If you have reserve experience granted to you when the level cap increases, you are immediately already more powerful than the intended world/street you are on. Example, reserve Celestia experience would probably boost you to at least level 65. Starting Zafaria at level 65 is over powered. Plus, that only increases your reserve experience for the next level cap increase, while brand new players just starting out would be at disadvantage (they wouldn't have a reserve to boost them).

Seems unnecessary.

Besides who wants to go through ten levels of content, but only receive 3-5 actual new levels, because of all the saved up reserve experience? (I would be like a Wysteria for legendaries all over again)

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
CFDaddy wrote:
DreamLucid wrote:
... I believe that chances of getting rare items should increase with each buy. ...

ABSOLUETLY AGREE! Over $60 dollars spent on crowns that went directly to the Nightmare pack explicitly for the mount and never got it!!! I understand the reason behind buying crowns and support that totally, but when you can spend $39 for an Epic Bundle card that gives you a mount, house, pets, and extras it really get frustrating to "Waste" money on crowns. A simple tweak of the randomizer that generates what you get in the packs based on how many packs you've bought would make the entire "pack" purchase part of the game much more enjoyable and not make you feel cheated (as I and many of those I've discussed this with feel).

Woah 60 dollars? Wow and still you didn't get the nightmare mount? I got it on the third try.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2010