Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the "you have been reported" message

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i have been reported twice, both false and i knew that since a message appear saying you are reported and tells you about all those rulebreaking stuff. what i dont get is why let other people know they have been reported? then they might act innocent so other people cant report or taunt at whoever reported them. KI, you should surprise them if they get banned. they might even say " oh no! im reported, i might get banned forever" without actually meaning it. can you remove that message?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
marolin23 wrote:
i have been reported twice, both false and i knew that since a message appear saying you are reported and tells you about all those rulebreaking stuff. what i dont get is why let other people know they have been reported? then they might act innocent so other people cant report or taunt at whoever reported them. KI, you should surprise them if they get banned. they might even say " oh no! im reported, i might get banned forever" without actually meaning it. can you remove that message?

I think the message is there as fair warning to whomever was reported. Kind of a "watch yourself," thing.
And it's amusing to watch the reaction of those reported for real reasons (which I will do if there is swearing around filters, racial slurs, etc: they tend to swear around the filters even more, which makes 'punishing' them all that much easier for KI.
I disagree and think the warning should remain.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
marolin23 wrote:

I think the message is there as fair warning to whomever was reported. Kind of a "watch yourself," thing.
And it's amusing to watch the reaction of those reported for real reasons (which I will do if there is swearing around filters, racial slurs, etc: they tend to swear around the filters even more, which makes 'punishing' them all that much easier for KI.
I disagree and think the warning should remain.

I agree. It makes the offender aware immediately of what the infraction was (hopefully the reporter didn't wait too long). Lots of people will "forget" what they were reported for if it takes over a day to tell them, then they will just deny it.

A false report, just indicates to the player that was reported that the reporter is about to have sanctions.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
I agree that the message should remain. It used to be a problem because it told the person being reported who had submitted the report. That lead to a lot of abuse and the only way to submit a safe report was to do so on this website.

Now you can report someone on the game and feel safe that they can't retaliate against you.

I do think that KI should contact everyone that's been reported - falsely or not - and let them know they are indeed following up on the report.

For people that were falsely reported, the email could say something like "We just wanted to let you know that we have investigated the report that was filed on you and have found that you did nothing wrong. We will take steps to ensure that your accuser is punished for the false report".

There are too many people on the game that insist that KI doesn't read the logs, doesn't follow up, and doesn't care about reports. That leads people to put in more false reports and also contributes to scaring people who didn't do anything wrong but were reported by someone being malicious.