Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Card Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
As I am new to the game, I'm still learning quite a few things. I have been reading up on pet training, etc, and I have a question.

If I have a pet with a card, for example, Tower Shield, does that mean I have regular access to that card in my spell deck and can have multiple copies of it, or is it just a one use card per battle? I ask because, using Tower Shield again as an example, if I had a pet with this card, would it be wasteful to use training points in a secondary school like Ice to get the Tower Shield spell?

Any help in clearing this up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
If a pet gives you a card you only get one copy of it in the deck for the most part. There are a rare few that will give you more than one copy.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
First of all, if a pet has "Gives one card" under the name, then that means you will have access to ONE of those cards (example: Orthrus. Gives one Orthrus card that does slightly higher damage than normal Orthrus card.) There are also some pets that can randomly cast spells, such as Spritely giving Sprite. Most of these cards appear as "May cast _____ spell". You can't cast these; only your pets can.

Secondly, if you want the tower shield spell you can either (A. Keep the pet's talent and use that one (B. Use your training points on the ice school for the card [Does ice school give tower shield for training points?] (C. Buy the amulet at the bazaar that gives Tower Shield or (D. Use all three of these to get a ton of Tower Shield cards.