Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Wand

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
So I am new and low level but it seems to me that not using any wand at all is preferable to using one.

The wand zap being 0 cost isn't too bad but on my new wizard which is death, I have plenty of blades and traps to use already. Since I can't even control the amount of wand zaps it puts in my deck I feel it is just getting in the way of me having the cards I want.

Anyone else feel this way? I am the only wizard I have seen without a wand.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
etoh69 wrote:
So I am new and low level but it seems to me that not using any wand at all is preferable to using one.

The wand zap being 0 cost isn't too bad but on my new wizard which is death, I have plenty of blades and traps to use already. Since I can't even control the amount of wand zaps it puts in my deck I feel it is just getting in the way of me having the cards I want.

I've seen lots of wizards without wands over the year I've been playing. I choose to use one simply because you can get rid of those pesky shields by casting a wand and not losing pips or much attack.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
etoh69 wrote:

I believe that what ever spell your wand has to cast goes on the bottom of you screen in your spell deck.... it doesnt take away the amount your spell deck can hold ( i could be wrong though if i misunderstood your concern)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
That's an interesting way to look at it, but my wizards always had wands. I use them to get rid of shields and things which come up a lot in Pre-Celestia worlds.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
etoh69 wrote:

You have a way to control how many wand cards are possible, with each wand, it specifies how many cards that wand gives...

Wands serve several purposes:
1. Eliminates Shields
2. Takes out shields for convert
3. Costs 0 mana and inflicts damage
4. Gives pip or power to start match

So, maybe starting off, you may not like to use a wand, however, later on in the game, you will almost always have a wand equipped!