Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talents raising traits affecting talents. . .

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I'm hoping someone has a knowledgable answer to this question. Like so many other wizards, there have been many times when I have spent time and snacks developing a pet anxiously awaiting the talenst. Then comes the level of disappointment when I see what I thought were useless talents like "astute".

Astute adds +50 max to intellect. Intellect affects mana, pip chance, accuracy, and cheering cost to pet derby.

I decided soon after trying the pet derby that it wasnt for me. Does anyone do this? Anytime I tried in the past it was just too empty to race. It didnt hold my attention long enough to keep trying anyway.

One area KI completely enhanced the game IMO was pets helping in PVP. PVP is the main reason I play. So when I saw talents like Astute pop up (many that are similiar) I just trashed the pet. I know its like playing slot machines to buy megapacks and invest them into a pet where everything is chance. So I wont complain about that. However, setting aside such trait enhancing talents helping in the useless area of the derby, according to what the description says they should help out in fighting too.

Well, I decided to bite the bullet and see what happens when I add extra points to the max of traits. My pet didnt have accuracy boosting, there was no affect to mana, and my pip percentage did not change.

Can anyone explain this? Are those talents completely useless? After this experience I think its a fair question to ask if its worth investing in such talents that from what I see dont affect anything.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Astute: +50 to intellect

Now, while this changes the max stat immediately, it may or may not change the extent of that talent...

There are mathematical equations that formulate the max talents based on stats...

Now, to put it simply, if you had a 4% power pip chance, and were maxed out, if you continue to train the pet in intelligence, you can raise the power pip chance to 5%

Same goes for Accuracy, it may be 5% and with this addition, it might take the ability to 6%...

Same goes for resistance, for stats of strength and agility!

Power can help boost any talents...

Hope this helps!

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Temperest wrote:
Well, I decided to bite the bullet and see what happens when I add extra points to the max of traits. My pet didnt have accuracy boosting, there was no affect to mana, and my pip percentage did not change.

Can anyone explain this? Are those talents completely useless? After this experience I think its a fair question to ask if its worth investing in such talents that from what I see dont affect anything.

I think you don't quite understand what the increase in intellect does.

Affects mana means that if your pet has the talent that gives extra mana the amount of mana increases with the increase in intellect. If your pet does not have this talent then your mana will not increase.

Same with the others, if your pet doesn't have the talent that gives you an increase in pip chance then your pip chance will not increase. And if your pet does not give you an increase in accuracy then your accuracy will not increase.

As a side note, I think it is possible to have say the increase in pip chance talent and the extra 50 points in intellect doesn't make a difference.

INMO the talents like Astute are a waste and I also abandon bets who have these kind of talents.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
GamingDan wrote:
Temperest wrote:

I think you don't quite understand what the increase in intellect does.

Affects mana means that if your pet has the talent that gives extra mana the amount of mana increases with the increase in intellect. If your pet does not have this talent then your mana will not increase.

Same with the others, if your pet doesn't have the talent that gives you an increase in pip chance then your pip chance will not increase. And if your pet does not give you an increase in accuracy then your accuracy will not increase.

As a side note, I think it is possible to have say the increase in pip chance talent and the extra 50 points in intellect doesn't make a difference.

INMO the talents like Astute are a waste and I also abandon bets who have these kind of talents.

I understand it will onmly supposedly enhance what talents you have. Thats my point. The +50 should have raised my pip % by one, it didnt. Its as if I might as well not even had 4 talents chances. i could almost even live with that better. When I got astute, i decide to try one time and invest the snacks into boosting the extra 50%. Not only were the snacks wasted, but it wasted alot of time too because nothing happened.