Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely, Why the Other Pet Cast it More?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I'm not sure if I put it on right forum... Anyways my question is:

If Both pets have Spritely, why the opponent Pet keeps casting spritely while my pet only might it cast once?

I was doing PvP and the opponent's Pet cast spritely four times on one round... And my pet only cast it once for that round....

So does that mean his pet is better even though have the same pedigree, or is it means the other person was using something to make his pet heal more? I just don't know, anyone think whats going on?

Champion
May 03, 2011
It's random. Sometimes my pets with spritely will cast it like three times in a row, then go for three battles without doing it once. There's no logic to it, and nothing you can do to make it happen more often. Sometimes I notice that they seem to cast spritely more often after an AoE attack, like Storm Lord or Scarecrow. Then again, that may just be a coincidence....basically, I think it's just chance.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
It's random. Sometimes my pets with spritely will cast it like three times in a row, then go for three battles without doing it once. There's no logic to it, and nothing you can do to make it happen more often. Sometimes I notice that they seem to cast spritely more often after an AoE attack, like Storm Lord or Scarecrow. Then again, that may just be a coincidence....basically, I think it's just chance.

I've seen spritely activate frequently on wand attacks :/ Although it could be just coincidence as you put it.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Most people don't know this and many people that ThinK they know everything there is to know about pets, will deny this, however:

May cast abilities have a % chance of working or not.

To increase that pets % chance, you have to increase the max stats of:

Agility
Will
Power

As all talents, there is a formula that gives a percentage. The higher your pecentage, the more chance the pet has at casting a talent...

I hope this makes sense for you, because these are the facts... Yes, there are triggers, however, the higher % chance you have, the more your pet might cast that spell... If your stats are low in any of these categories, the less of a chance your pet will have to cast that talent!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Most people don't know this and many people that ThinK they know everything there is to know about pets, will deny this, however:

Agility
Will
Power

As all talents, there is a formula that gives a percentage. The higher your pecentage, the more chance the pet has at casting a talent...

I hope this makes sense for you, because these are the facts... Yes, there are triggers, however, the higher % chance you have, the more your pet might cast that spell... If your stats are low in any of these categories, the less of a chance your pet will have to cast that talent!

Thanks, hmm My Pet is Epic and all the Stats are Max out...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Daviato wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Agility
Will
Power

Thanks, hmm My Pet is Epic and all the Stats are Max out...

A pet being maxed out is fine and dandy, but the question is, what are the max stats?

You can have a pet, with maxed stats, but if the stats are too low, you can have an 8 resistance, some pets, get 9 resistance, and even others have a 10 resistance, depending on how high those maxed stats are...

Do you see the difference? 8,9,or 10? Same goes for may cast spells, you can have like an 8, 9, or 10% chance of spritely being triggered everytime, based on the max limit of agility, will, and power...

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
As many other people have said: It's simply chance. I know from experience; on some days, my fierce hound will cast Spritely maybe once throughout an entire dungeon. On other days, however, it seems to cast Spritely every other turn throughout the day.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
shrukain wrote:
As many other people have said: It's simply chance. I know from experience; on some days, my fierce hound will cast Spritely maybe once throughout an entire dungeon. On other days, however, it seems to cast Spritely every other turn throughout the day.

A fierce hound does not have bad maximum stats, it is what?

250 max agility
240 max will
200 max power

the only thing that is needed to make this pet cast spritely a lot more, is power...

Take a look at the stats of a Sea Dragon, most know that this pet casts spritely more often than others...

250 max agility
225 max will
250 max power

now, the only thing that can help a sea dragon, is more will...

Yes, these stats do effect the % chance the spell will cast...

getting these stats all to 250, you will have a pet that will always cast may cast talents more than any other pet...

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
darthjt wrote:
shrukain wrote:

A fierce hound does not have bad maximum stats, it is what?

250 max agility
240 max will
200 max power

the only thing that is needed to make this pet cast spritely a lot more, is power...

Take a look at the stats of a Sea Dragon, most know that this pet casts spritely more often than others...

250 max agility
225 max will
250 max power

now, the only thing that can help a sea dragon, is more will...

Yes, these stats do effect the % chance the spell will cast...

getting these stats all to 250, you will have a pet that will always cast may cast talents more than any other pet...

Oh, okay... Thanks! :D

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Agility
Will
Power

Exactly what I want to tell a bunch of other people.