Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stun or Tempest?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Going against 3 Storms and 1 Myth. (4v4 PVP)

If your team is going first, you and your teammates will have to put convention right away, if not everyone on your team will be stun for the second round due to Blinding Light cast by the opponent team. First round the 3 Storms will use tempest and second round Tempest again basically everyone is dead without making a single move.

If your team go Second basically your team will be stun first round by Blinding Light, without making no moves during that first round. The 3 Storm from the opponent team will use tempest for both first and second round and guess what everyone on your team is dead.

In my opinion Tempest should be change to 4 pip spell and damage range of 500-600, or Blinding Light should Cost 5 pips. That will stop all the unfairness of NOT letting the other Team make a move?

There is some gear out there that will lower down the chance of being Stun but that's not the point... Do you think everyone on your team has that gear?

There is Convention and other Cards that can block Stun, but will it appear at the first turn?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Going against 3 Storms and 1 Myth. (4v4 PVP)

If your team is going first, you and your teammates will have to put convention right away, if not everyone on your team will be stun for the second round due to Blinding Light cast by the opponent team. First round the 3 Storms will use tempest and second round Tempest again basically everyone is dead without making a single move.

If your team go Second basically your team will be stun first round by Blinding Light, without making no moves during that first round. The 3 Storm from the opponent team will use tempest for both first and second round and guess what everyone on your team is dead.

In my opinion Tempest should be change to 4 pip spell and damage range of 500-600, or Blinding Light should Cost 5 pips. That will stop all the unfairness of NOT letting the other Team make a move?

There is some gear out there that will lower down the chance of being Stun but that's not the point... Do you think everyone on your team has that gear?

There is Convention and other Cards that can block Stun, but will it appear at the first turn?

First off, it is conviction, not convention...

Secondly, any player can use blinding light, or smoke, or smoke screen, or a million other spells...

I, myself, and many others, play pvp... You scenario, is rare... I am not saying that it does not or never happens, but it is not that big of an issue...

I have informed you, and I will inform you again, if you don't want to be stunned, you can get the ring, athame, and amulet that give stun block...

You can get pets that cast shields, so, even if you are stunned, your pet can shield you...

There are many things you can do, but to come here and whine and say this is not fair, that is not fair, this needs to be change, that needs to be change, is just not reasonable...

I think, in PvP, only my spells should work and my opponents spells should never work... Do I think KI will change it and make that happen, I wish, but no they wont...

Be realistic!

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Daviato wrote:

tempest isn't used just in pvp. you change the spell for pvp and what is that going to do to the rest of the game?

it takes quite a few rounds for storm to build enough pips to do much with tempest.

What are YOU doing while storm is building?

You might be stunned one round. but then you have stun shields for a while. So now what are you doing?

Your post sounds like you need to pvp 1v1 for a while and learn how to pvp correctly, then go back to teams.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
tanda1 wrote:
Daviato wrote:

tempest isn't used just in pvp. you change the spell for pvp and what is that going to do to the rest of the game?

it takes quite a few rounds for storm to build enough pips to do much with tempest.

What are YOU doing while storm is building?

You might be stunned one round. but then you have stun shields for a while. So now what are you doing?

Your post sounds like you need to pvp 1v1 for a while and learn how to pvp correctly, then go back to teams.

yea yea you guys know everything I giving you what happen to my team when we did pvp.

4v4 went against 3 storm 1 myth, First round we were stun they attack tempest plus critical. Second round my team had less than half health, the opponent attacks with tempest since with couldn't even shield nor cast conviction in first round due to stun we end up dead.

Which why I brought the whole point, anyways I'm a commander and I know how to pvp, thank you very much....