Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Doomed to face Storm Shields?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Can't missed that majority of the PvP battles there is always a Storm Shield?

Most of the time I have spend watching PvP battles, in most PvP battles the shields I seen use the most are Volcanic Shields and Glacial Shields.

Fire still has ability to counter fire shields, but what about Storm? Surely if I'm a storm and I'm facing someone on 1v1, I could eliminate shields by using shatter, lighting elf, snake, wand etc... Truly Storm is not so good when it goes to 1v1. Major Factor our Health is Extremely Low compare to the other schools who's health is 3,500 or more. Storm in the other hand is still stuck in 2,000, which seems pretty unfair.

On Team matches the only way storm can actually do damage is by either spam Tempest or have a Myth wizard on the team. Even by spamming Tempest you will find yourself with shields... Another point, Not always you can get the right wizard to join your team. So if no Myth wizard is on the team, for sure there will be storm shields.

I understand that many other schools also face shields, but the one that suffers the most is Storm.

Schools such as Fire, Ice, Myth, Death, and Balance can overcome shields. Life shields aren't or rarely use.

So, is Storm really Doom to face Storm Shields?

Maybe later on Storm could get a Similar spell like Snow Angel (except no taunting)?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Storms absurd power allows them to charge right through those shields. If you have your legendary gear of some kind, your attack boost is beyond those -70 shields you encounter. Couple that attack boost with sun spells and you can rip through your opponents regardless they shield or not. Besides, if you are hitting constantly, eventually your opponent will have to heal or be forced to answer back in some offensive way. This will open them up for a turn or two where they are without a certain shield. If you are concerned about shields, increase your attack boost with your gear by getting better gear if possible, use sun spells, and just hit them more. Sooner or later your opponent wont be able to keep up.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Daviato wrote:

Most of the time I have spend watching PvP battles, in most PvP battles the shields I seen use the most are Volcanic Shields and Glacial Shields.

Fire still has ability to counter fire shields, but what about Storm? Surely if I'm a storm and I'm facing someone on 1v1, I could eliminate shields by using shatter, lighting elf, snake, wand etc... Truly Storm is not so good when it goes to 1v1. Major Factor our Health is Extremely Low compare to the other schools who's health is 3,500 or more. Storm in the other hand is still stuck in 2,000, which seems pretty unfair.

On Team matches the only way storm can actually do damage is by either spam Tempest or have a Myth wizard on the team. Even by spamming Tempest you will find yourself with shields... Another point, Not always you can get the right wizard to join your team. So if no Myth wizard is on the team, for sure there will be storm shields.

I understand that many other schools also face shields, but the one that suffers the most is Storm.

Schools such as Fire, Ice, Myth, Death, and Balance can overcome shields. Life shields aren't or rarely use.

Maybe later on Storm could get a Similar spell like Snow Angel (except no taunting)?

storms health isnt a big deal

but the reason people put storm shields up is due to a little trick people have been spamming in pvp
the tidal wave deck
a deck that relies on spamming tempest and creating a fast lost
maybe start on getting a team of storm wizards and make a 4v4,3v3 team for the tidal wave deck and team
but please dont we dont like rapid tempest

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011

I don't know what to tell you. My main and best PvP school is Balance but I also love my legendary storm wizard. It is hard with the shields and your low health, no doubt. On the other hand, storm is about the only school that can do, with right boosting and critical, around 1000 damage in the presence of a Volcanic Shield (I've seen it happen before).

I've been defeated by insane bolt (a spell I detest even on my own storm wizard) enough times that I am somewhat suspicious of posts like this.

However, you do have fair enough points. The problem is you have more innate raw power than other school, hands down. And your asking for more?

The problem with a spell like Ice Angel for storm it is that it would not be like the current Ice Angel cause your boosting would multiply this spell into the stratosphere. It would also mean you win 85% of the time and the people you beat would complain there's no way to beat you.

As a Balance, I would have almost no shot whatsoever against a storm, and I don't think Balance is the only school.

As it stands, I think you have a better shot trying to get around storm shields.

Where Storm could really stand to improve is the health department. I think KI should give Storm wizards on average about 450-550 more health. That would help even out PvP a lot more than Storm DoTs.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Daviato wrote:

1. cast convert, then your attack is myth and misses the shield
2. make sure your wand is storm.
3. use a thundersnake
4. make sure your deck is half full of your second school, and attack with that instead.
5. cast pierce - use treasure cards if you have to
6. cast shatter - use treasure cards if you have to.
7. there's a spell that steals a shield. use it

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Daviato wrote:

A lot of people write threads like these. If Storm were to get a DoT spell, they would be unstoppable. If their health was raised up, that would be just insane considering how much damage they can do so fast. It's just that you need to build a strategy to find a way around shields. On my storm wiz, here's how I do it:
Ignore it. Storm shields aren't the end of the world. Get the pierce amulet that also gives 200 health. Just boost up, start a bubble, and you can shield too. They have low health for a reason. Power. They also gained over 100% accuracy total. No fiz! That's insane. If you get your pet to give sharp shop then you'll never meet a fizzle again :D Unless, the unfortunate happens: DISPEL. Or black mantle/related accuracy decreases. If you're not satisfied with your health, get the waterworks gear, get your pet to train resist, and you get 40%. Storm can do devastating damage, even with shield and I critical block, storm legendaries do 1000 damage! Just ignore the shields or get the pierce amulet. Or also get pierce train from your pet.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
I doubt there will be any spell like snow angel mostly because it would be overpowered. I mean seriously Snow angel has been complained about so much already. Imagine a storm with all its power able to do a spell like Snow Angel. The spell would have to be porportinoally more damaging then snow angel as it would be a higher pip spell and storm's damage is greater then Ices. So basically you will have a 600(with gear) damage per turn not including the 3-4 blades it would probably have. Quite overpowered eh?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Wow, really? You think storm is doomed?

Here are 2 things storm can do, that makes storm in 1v1 pvp pretty powerful and deadly!

Storm Blade, Storm Blade, Storm elf (Fire Elf mutated to Storm Elf),
Leviathan! If need be, you can shield... There are also treasure storm blades you can use, without using pips...

Or you can keep shielding and blading, then use storm elf, storm hound, storm elf again... Nothing can live through that, nothing...

If, somehow, something does, use a last ditch effort and use insane bolt...

Storm is far from easy to defeat in PvP, if you know how to play!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Hmm Storm having low health is unfair? Have you seen storms attack stat?
Most Storms' attack stats are 70%+ and their critcal rating is unbelievably high now they get a whole bunch of accuracy and universal resist too? The only bad stuff on Storms are low health, low block rating, and how some think they're the best in the game and brag. Storm shield is the only actual thing we have to defend against Storm attacks other than dispel. Take it like this the school of storm is the dark arts, not Death.
I agree on one thing though Storm wasn't meant for 1v1 even in PvE I have one, but they still are good in PvP.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
On one of my newest post, I found an interesting new way that Storms and Myth are cheating... in 4v4 PvP stunning their enemies on the first round by using the Myth guy to cast Blinding Light and finish them all then second and third round. By the third round Myth will cast Doom and Gloom. Making the other team vulnerable not to heal.

On my new post there is more details...

In my opinion Tempest needs to be change to Four pip spell with damage range from 500 - 600.

But then storm will surely need a new spell, and something similar to snow angel (except to taunting).

Or Blinding Light should be change?

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Most Storms' attack stats are 70%+ and their critcal rating is unbelievably high now they get a whole bunch of accuracy and universal resist too? The only bad stuff on Storms are low health, low block rating, and how some think they're the best in the game and brag. Storm shield is the only actual thing we have to defend against Storm attacks other than dispel. Take it like this the school of storm is the dark arts, not Death.
I agree on one thing though Storm wasn't meant for 1v1 even in PvE I have one, but they still are good in PvP.

People have forgotten that everyone now has universal resistance... with pets spell proof and gear plus shields do you really think storm can do damage?

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Daviato wrote:

1. cast convert, then your attack is myth and misses the shield
2. make sure your wand is storm.
3. use a thundersnake
4. make sure your deck is half full of your second school, and attack with that instead.
5. cast pierce - use treasure cards if you have to
6. cast shatter - use treasure cards if you have to.
7. there's a spell that steals a shield. use it

Clearly you did not read the entire post...

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Daviato wrote:

A lot of people write threads like these. If Storm were to get a DoT spell, they would be unstoppable. If their health was raised up, that would be just insane considering how much damage they can do so fast. It's just that you need to build a strategy to find a way around shields. On my storm wiz, here's how I do it:
Ignore it. Storm shields aren't the end of the world. Get the pierce amulet that also gives 200 health. Just boost up, start a bubble, and you can shield too. They have low health for a reason. Power. They also gained over 100% accuracy total. No fiz! That's insane. If you get your pet to give sharp shop then you'll never meet a fizzle again :D Unless, the unfortunate happens: DISPEL. Or black mantle/related accuracy decreases. If you're not satisfied with your health, get the waterworks gear, get your pet to train resist, and you get 40%. Storm can do devastating damage, even with shield and I critical block, storm legendaries do 1000 damage! Just ignore the shields or get the pierce amulet. Or also get pierce train from your pet.

Your suggestion only might work for 1v1. My point is team matches such as 3v3 and 4v4...

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
quets9 wrote:
I doubt there will be any spell like snow angel mostly because it would be overpowered. I mean seriously Snow angel has been complained about so much already. Imagine a storm with all its power able to do a spell like Snow Angel. The spell would have to be porportinoally more damaging then snow angel as it would be a higher pip spell and storm's damage is greater then Ices. So basically you will have a 600(with gear) damage per turn not including the 3-4 blades it would probably have. Quite overpowered eh?

It will be fair considering the great amount of health must schools have...

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Here are 2 things storm can do, that makes storm in 1v1 pvp pretty powerful and deadly!

Leviathan! If need be, you can shield... There are also treasure storm blades you can use, without using pips...

Or you can keep shielding and blading, then use storm elf, storm hound, storm elf again... Nothing can live through that, nothing...

I have try this method I must say, it doesn't work that well... My point is Not 1v1 is Team Matches.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Daviato wrote:
On one of my newest post, I found an interesting new way that Storms and Myth are cheating... in 4v4 PvP stunning their enemies on the first round by using the Myth guy to cast Blinding Light and finish them all then second and third round. By the third round Myth will cast Doom and Gloom. Making the other team vulnerable not to heal.

In my opinion Tempest needs to be change to Four pip spell with damage range from 500 - 600.

But then storm will surely need a new spell, and something similar to snow angel (except to taunting).

So, because you don't like something, it is now cheating and should be changed?

You do realize, there is stun resist gear, you can get stun resist ring, athame, and amulet...

Pets can cast shields, heal you, and even heal your entire team...

There are ways around everything, and strategies you have to deal with... It is part of the game... Saying everything is cheating and needs to be changed is just a way of being a poor sport...

Get with the program!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Daviato wrote:
On one of my newest post, I found an interesting new way that Storms and Myth are cheating...

That's not cheating, that's called strategy.

There is a nice little amulet that Diego has for a few tickets which makes the wearer very hard to stun. Perhaps you should invest in one.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Daviato wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I have try this method I must say, it doesn't work that well... My point is Not 1v1 is Team Matches.

Wow, do I have to give all my tips and tricks away to make you people understand a little bit about storm?

Ok, here is a simple one... Use Empower first round, Storm Lord Second Round, Tempest Spam after that!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Daviato wrote:

You do realize, there is stun resist gear, you can get stun resist ring, athame, and amulet...

There are ways around everything, and strategies you have to deal with... It is part of the game... Saying everything is cheating and needs to be changed is just a way of being a poor sport...

Get with the program!

Do you think that everyone on 4v4 the team will have the stun resist gear?? The stun resist gear has probability to work.... Is not 100% efficient.

So you think stun everyone and kill them without letting them make a move is not cheating?

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Daviato wrote:
On one of my newest post, I found an interesting new way that Storms and Myth are cheating...

That's not cheating, that's called strategy.

There is a nice little amulet that Diego has for a few tickets which makes the wearer very hard to stun. Perhaps you should invest in one.

what about the rest of my team in 4v4?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

People have forgotten that everyone now has universal resistance... with pets spell proof and gear plus shields do you really think storm can do damage?

Everyone has resist now, but Storm is still the most powerful Wizard in the game. I play my Storm a bit different, I gave him the Life Amulet, and trained him to Satry. He can stay alive and keep his life up above the kill range of most players. Storm is still the only Wizard that can outpace healing, and that means a lot.
Add in Storm Elf, and the combo gives you a wizard that can stay alive and still hit hard, very hard. Storm Elf doesn't cost that much either, as you don't need to use that many. So the complaints about Storm Elf don't hold up.

Storm is a short fuse, and I know that, but with a Pierce pet, and one that adds Health, Power pips and Acc, my Storm can stand his ground in PVP.
The key is the cards you add the deck, and the treasure side, that is the key to winning with storm........

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter, Ice, Balance, Storm, Death, Myth Legendaries, (and a life on the way).

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
Daviato wrote:

Team matches are meant to be played as a.. Team.

If storm was to get an AoE DoT, then i want a supercharge for balance and a 45% blade as ice can get.

All in all, every school as weaknesses and strenghts, your request, like many other before you, only aims to create a self sufficient school. There is none, and if there was, what would be the point of playing the others at all?

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Everyone has resist now, but Storm is still the most powerful Wizard in the game. I play my Storm a bit different, I gave him the Life Amulet, and trained him to Satry. He can stay alive and keep his life up above the kill range of most players. Storm is still the only Wizard that can outpace healing, and that means a lot.
Add in Storm Ice, and the combo gives you a wizard that can stay alive and still hit hard, very hard.
Storm is a short fuse, and I know that, but with a Pierce pet, and one that adds Health, Power pips and Acc, my Storm can stand his ground in PVP.
The key is the cards you add the deck, and the treasure side, that is the key to winning with storm........

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter, Ice, Balance, Storm, Death, Myth Legendaries, (and a life on the way).

I know every school does, but Storm is far from the most powerful school in the game. Storm is meant to sweep quickly not survive matches head on. Daviato not to be rude, but you must not be playing your storm correctly. You have to hit hard and hit fast even with storm shield give storm two storm blades, elemental blade, garagantuan, and leviathan storm still does about 3,000+ damage. Seeing that its rare for storm to get a normal pip.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
elvinlith wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Team matches are meant to be played as a.. Team.

If storm was to get an AoE DoT, then i want a supercharge for balance and a 45% blade as ice can get.

All in all, every school as weaknesses and strenghts, your request, like many other before you, only aims to create a self sufficient school. There is none, and if there was, what would be the point of playing the others at all?

Finally thank you so much for making this post!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Daviato wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Get with the program!

Do you think that everyone on 4v4 the team will have the stun resist gear?? The stun resist gear has probability to work.... Is not 100% efficient.

So you think stun everyone and kill them without letting them make a move is not cheating?

Do you know, that it only takes one person on your team, to resist stun, and be able to stun them back?

No, I don't think everyone will have stun resist gear, some people pick and choose what they wear, some people like healing, some people like critical block, some people like more damage... The list goes on and on for what you can choose to wear...

That is the whole point, it is diversified... What you choose to do and wear is up to you, but to sit there and complain that something is cheating, when you have a way to counter it, is foolishness...

It was, at one point, possible to chain stun, meaning, keep stunning over and over again, this is no longer the case... People also complain about smoke, doing exactly the same thing, however, people can use Unstoppable to help counter smoke... It is up to the player to decide what to do in these cases...

If you are not prepared for battle and what may be thrown at you, then you should not have entered into battle...