Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why is the first bundle leaving

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
yes yes i know that everyone wants the super and the hawkrider and the mega
but why is the epic bundle leaving
some people still want this and it should be out for as long as this game is up

come on isnt there anyone that agrees

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Yes. My favorite thing about it is the gear, so idk why. Maybe cause it was released in 2010, And its getting to 2012 and it will be 2 years old. So i think thats why

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Most likely because the costs to produce that card, out weigh the benefits (or demand) for the card. It is more cost effective to create a new card with new incentives than keep an old card on the shelves. I would go attempt to buy the remaining Epic Bundles now and if you haven't bought a Mega Bundle, that's likely to be the next one to stop production.

Granted. The items in the Bundle may not go away forever (they could always bring them back as Crowns items), but the ability to purchase via gift card will.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Some of us only just started the game a year ago. It happens to be an awesome house. I think it should be out much longer too. Or, maybe it could be an awesome drop. Not ready to see it go. I have some friends who still want it. Thanks for listening KI.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Well it has been around for awhile and maybe now might be time it has to come to an end.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
With new bundles coming out, they must delete some. They can't have 4-5 bundles out at the same time. To much printing and stocks. 3 at a time is a good limit I think. And yes, it is also because it is 2 years old nearly and that they could use that space for printing some other bundle maybe to come out in the future.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
I think it's because of all the great stuff that comes with it. I mean, I love the Epic Bundle and I'm sad to see it going away because others may want it. The thing is, not everyone can have it. It makes the bundle seem more exclusive and if Kingsisle wants to make more money, the retirement of the Epic Bundle will make everyone who hasn't gotten it rush off to Wal-Mart to get it. I'm pretty sure that's why it's leaving.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
kingurz wrote:
Most likely because the costs to produce that card, out weigh the benefits (or demand) for the card. It is more cost effective to create a new card with new incentives than keep an old card on the shelves. I would go attempt to buy the remaining Epic Bundles now and if you haven't bought a Mega Bundle, that's likely to be the next one to stop production.

Granted. The items in the Bundle may not go away forever (they could always bring them back as Crowns items), but the ability to purchase via gift card will.

listen i do have a mega bundle and i say the palace it came with was awesome
but come on the epic bundle is classic and who doesnt love the feirce hound
i guess the epic bundle is doomed i will switch my mind on getting super bundle and go buy the epic bundle so i wont have to use the noob clothes i got when i first got it and was still level 15 or so