Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Despair in Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Dear KI,

I have spent the better part of 9 months trying to beat this section, but even with 2 (started with 3 Waterworks Warriors) and bought 4 Life Wizards at Level 60, and no matter what we threw at the main boss, he cast RA with minimum 1600 damage.

Can you please raise the level caps? I realize that this is meant to be hard, but I have never been without stress in this section. We barely escaped Charmbeak at the end of the 2nd hall, but after beating the Hammerhead Sorceror and the Windwing, I was salivating that this section was behind me.

After I cast a wand spell, RA was cast wiping out everyone in one turn. The main boss was down to 11,000+. Sigh. Am I wrong to think this hopeless?

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
Don't despair there is a trick to beating the two main bosses in WW. The squid guy you need to use hit all spells like snow angel or blizzard. You're getting smacked because you are using a single attack spell with out being inked. When the little phrases pop up "such as only attack when inked" that's a clue as to how to beat the boss. The second boss is even more tricky because you can only use traps at certain times and you can only use blades at certain times. I'm sure that some of our more accomplished fighters can offer to meet you in WW at a certain time to walk you through the dungeon. That's how I got through it. Good luck.
Jenna Dragonsong
Legendary Ice

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oxnhorse wrote:
Dear KI,

I have spent the better part of 9 months trying to beat this section, but even with 2 (started with 3 Waterworks Warriors) and bought 4 Life Wizards at Level 60, and no matter what we threw at the main boss, he cast RA with minimum 1600 damage.

Can you please raise the level caps? I realize that this is meant to be hard, but I have never been without stress in this section. We barely escaped Charmbeak at the end of the 2nd hall, but after beating the Hammerhead Sorceror and the Windwing, I was salivating that this section was behind me.

After I cast a wand spell, RA was cast wiping out everyone in one turn. The main boss was down to 11,000+. Sigh. Am I wrong to think this hopeless?

So, 9 months trying to beat this dungeon and you know how to post, but yet, for some reason, you can't figure out what the rules are and how not to break them?

So, your brilliant idea, is instead of learning how to beat this dungeon and the bosses, like learning that you cant attack an individual boss, without a blade during blade rounds, or a trap during trap rounds, is to come here and complain?

Yes, you are wrong to think this is hopeless, there are millions of wizards that have beaten this dungeon, it is not that difficult...

For starters, get open chat in the game, that was, you can ask questions in the game... You can still keep chat filters, but atleast you can talk... Or, use the message boards to find out information...

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
You probably haven't been going in with experienced players and they just didn't take the time to explain the rules.
Just read this guide. it's long but it goes in great detail about the whole dungeon

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161437

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Oxnhorse wrote:
Dear KI,

So, 9 months trying to beat this dungeon and you know how to post, but yet, for some reason, you can't figure out what the rules are and how not to break them?

So, your brilliant idea, is instead of learning how to beat this dungeon and the bosses, like learning that you cant attack an individual boss, without a blade during blade rounds, or a trap during trap rounds, is to come here and complain?

Yes, you are wrong to think this is hopeless, there are millions of wizards that have beaten this dungeon, it is not that difficult...

For starters, get open chat in the game, that was, you can ask questions in the game... You can still keep chat filters, but atleast you can talk... Or, use the message boards to find out information...

Instead of being sarcastic with me for being honest, I could have used any help that you could have had to offer. I can only get the coat and boots by defeating the main boss at the end. I am sure that many capable people have offered information for free, but when consequences result when I try all possibilities, I learn quick.

I guess it was best on your part not to reveal your wizard's name, cause should I have seen your wizard, I may have waited for the next group.

Timothy Pearlflower Legendary Ice

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oxnhorse wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Oxnhorse wrote:
Dear KI,

Instead of being sarcastic with me for being honest, I could have used any help that you could have had to offer. I can only get the coat and boots by defeating the main boss at the end. I am sure that many capable people have offered information for free, but when consequences result when I try all possibilities, I learn quick.

I guess it was best on your part not to reveal your wizard's name, cause should I have seen your wizard, I may have waited for the next group.

I know full well what the drops are in Waterworks thank you...

My point was, you did not do a search on waterworks? There are posts both here and Central that specifically tell you how to beat this dungeon... If you want help, ask! You did not ask, you complained... What you did ask, was is it hopeless?

I am not being sarcastic, I am being blunt!

Please do avoid me at all costs in the game... I prefer people who don't complain and like to learn, people that actually ask questions... So, here is who you should avoid...

Steven StormSlinger :Legendary Diviner
Blaze StormBlade :Legendary Diviner
Kristen LifeHeart :Legendary Thurgist
Hunter LifeHeart :Legendary Thurgist
Blaze WinterBreeze :Legendary Thurmaturge
Chase MoonCaller :Legendary Conjurer
Wolf WildWraith :Legendary Necromancer
John NightBringer :Legendary Pyromancer
Maria MythBlade :Magus Conjurer
Blaze DragonBlade :Magus Pyromancer
Blaze DarkBlade :Magus Thurgist
Grace GoldenBlade :Magus Sorcerer

With several other retired Legendary wizards...

I have done waterworks and tower of the helephant more times than I have posts... Most people I know, don't have problems with these dungeons...

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
You have to follow the rules to be able to defeat sylster and luska and make sure you have storm dispel in deck. What else is that you cant cast a solo spell on sylster unless you have blades on. so be careful when using solo spells. All spells work fine they wont get you killed. I wait until I get some blades on and then I cast storm dispel then add some traps to then I hit someone. I wait until dark field then I start putting blades on then I put a storm dispel then when it is white for traps. I put traps on to really power up damage yeah.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Jenn8391 wrote:
Don't despair there is a trick to beating the two main bosses in WW. The squid guy you need to use hit all spells like snow angel or blizzard. You're getting smacked because you are using a single attack spell with out being inked. When the little phrases pop up "such as only attack when inked" that's a clue as to how to beat the boss. The second boss is even more tricky because you can only use traps at certain times and you can only use blades at certain times. I'm sure that some of our more accomplished fighters can offer to meet you in WW at a certain time to walk you through the dungeon. That's how I got through it. Good luck.
Jenna Dragonsong
Legendary Ice

Jenna,

I would love to complete Waterworks and the Helephant, but not too many people are as willing as the group that helped my balance wizard the other night. He managed to run through (didn't get level 60 clothing) and defeat the boss of Waterweorks.

And thamk you for your kind words.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I am by no means the expert on Waterworks, but after running 5 legends through to get their gear, I know it well enough lol.

I have been through it with just one other wizard, and I have been with a full crew... all with different combinations of wizards. I always learn from those who know more, and I always brief and share with anyone new to the dungeon. Sometimes I go with a random group, and sometimes I help friends get their gear.

Yes - it is all about knowing and following the rules. If you're looking for someone to make a run, we can try meeting. Always glad to help... I am on west coast time and on most evenings.

:)
Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Nora SeaStone lvl 60 storm
Ellie WinterBane lvl 60 ice
Nora WillowSmith lvl 60 life
Ellie DrakeMancer lvl 30 something fire

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Oxnhorse wrote:
Dear KI,

Hello Timothy. I can feel your pain in this matter, not that I have ever personally suffered any trouble in this game, but I have met people who do. I would really like to help you though, and teach you the towers. One of the things I enjoy is helping those who need help, or want genuine help, not those who skip side quests and complain that they can't do certain zones. Lazy deserves no help. Anyhow. Please feel free to write me back with times you are available to play. I will be more than willing to run you through and teach you the ropes. My in game wizards are
Eric Soul Weaver - Legendary fire
Eric Life Giver - Legendary Life
Eric Sky Stalker- Legendary Storm
Eric Soul Stealer - Legendary Death
With others who aren't legendary yet. But don't despair, I will help :) Message me back. I will look up server and give you a place to meet so we can hook up in game and get this done. Thanks for your post, and Good luck and see you in the spire! Your future Friend. Eric

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
Jenn8391 wrote:
Jenna Dragonsong
Legendary Ice

You are very right. When I went through my friends said no when I was amking the wrong choices so thank goodness to those Waterworks Warriors! They helped me become: Waterworks Warrior Isaac DragonThorn Level 68