Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to fix the lagging and server problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
Wizard101 lags a lot on my computer. It's always around wizard city though and I have to switch to a "perfect" realm to reduce the lag. That's when it hit me. The realms say if they're FULL, CROWDED, or PERFECT. In order for them to say that, they have to be based on certain perimeters. For example:

Full could mean: 100,000 people are in that realm and it's lagging big time.
Crowded could mean: 80,000 people are in there and it's lagging a little.
Perfect could mean: 20,000 people are in there and there is no lagging what so ever.

If that is the case, for each realm being perfect or crowded and the game lags when it's full or crowded, reduce the realm perimeters so that instead of a realm being crowded at 100, 000 wizards, set it to around 20,000 wizards where there is no lagging. These are just sample figures. I don't know exact number of wizards aloud in a realm. But you get my meaning...I hope. But, in turn, a lot more realms would be needed.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I have the same problem, when I'm playing the game on a Full or Crowded Realm, the game lags really bad.... I have to be constantly changing to a Perfect Realm so I can actually enjoy playing.

Please KingsIsle take into consideration on fixing this Lag problem we are facing. :(

Thanks!

Austin Drake

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
I have also noticed that, even though when you go to the realms tab in spell book and it says a certain realm is FULL, you still can teleport to friend in that FULL realm. That shouldn't be allowed. If a realm is full and is already lagging like crazy, more wizards teleporting into will make it lag even worse. If a realm is full and you try to teleport to someone in the full realm, a warning should pop stating that "REALM IS FULL. TRY A DIFFERENT ONE".

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, I hate to say this, but, the major lag issues all started, when KI made the ability to see pet talents on the character sheets...

Now, I love this feature, but the constant updating of people you see and when people port to you, etc, that is what I believe causes most of this Lag!

I would hate to see some of the great features like this go, but, to be honest, this lag has to go... I would rather lose that ability and just see pet talents in the hatchery, than to keep putting up with all this lag...

I hope KI reads this, because this really is the issue. Take it out and everything will be back to running smoothly!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Well, I hate to say this, but, the major lag issues all started, when KI made the ability to see pet talents on the character sheets...

Now, I love this feature, but the constant updating of people you see and when people port to you, etc, that is what I believe causes most of this Lag!

I would hate to see some of the great features like this go, but, to be honest, this lag has to go... I would rather lose that ability and just see pet talents in the hatchery, than to keep putting up with all this lag...

I hope KI reads this, because this really is the issue. Take it out and everything will be back to running smoothly!

I agree with your second statement a lot. Every time someone new enters an area, where you are at, the system has to load there info as well....increasing the lag.