Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is a little embaressing but...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
The first part of this is the Emberessing but the second part is not at all :)

Part 0ne :( : I am a level 43 Death Wizard named Zachary Green. I look like a normal High level except i don't have a blade! I like saying i have the luck of the irish like this "its the luck of the i wish" to my friends because i always get pets from bosses for some reason but my blade luck 0% :( can anybody give me tips on how to get blades easier? (I know where they are, Mooshu and Dragonspyre)

Part Two :): This is to two of my favorite characters in the game sry other teachers and characters but anyways Sir reginald Baxby how do I talk to you? Big game hunter? What is that? Oh and Dworygyn, my awesome Death teacher what spell made you get that hump because you look like that guy from the disney movie
P.S. For Dworygyn only what did you look like before you had a hump just describe no pics :)

Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
The quest to retrieve photo developing chemicals you get in Krokotopia sends you to Dworgyn. He warns you about the toxicity of the chemicals by hinting that was how he got his hump.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Hey, I'd also like to know what Sir Reginald Baxby (or whatever that big game hunter is called) is for. I hope someone will let us know.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
All I know is that you get them from Mooshu ( Jade Oni and Death Oni) But I'm not that sure about DS :?

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Windlilly wrote:
Hey, I'd also like to know what Sir Reginald Baxby (or whatever that big game hunter is called) is for. I hope someone will let us know.

he teaches you how to duel lol

Administrator
nimbysep I think you are confusing Diego with Baxby. Diego is a horse and Baxby is a zebra.

Baxby is very important, he ensures that the main areas of each of the worlds are safe. He's there to make sure the creatures of the spiral do not encroach upon the central areas of the worlds.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Gamma wrote:
nimbysep I think you are confusing Diego with Baxby. Diego is a horse and Baxby is a zebra.

Baxby is very important, he ensures that the main areas of each of the worlds are safe. He's there to make sure the creatures of the spiral do not encroach upon the central areas of the worlds.

Do we ever talk with him or have a quest with him?? (him being the zebra). I'm almost done with Kroktopia now and I have yet to talk with him about anything....

Hunter SilverHeart

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
gnreno3 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

Do we ever talk with him or have a quest with him?? (him being the zebra). I'm almost done with Kroktopia now and I have yet to talk with him about anything....

Hunter SilverHeart

Yeah, I'm in MooShu and have never talked to him before.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
z189ack wrote:

Part 0ne :( : I am a level 43 Death Wizard named Zachary Green. I look like a normal High level except i don't have a blade! I like saying i have the luck of the irish like this "its the luck of the i wish" to my friends because i always get pets from bosses for some reason but my blade luck 0% :( can anybody give me tips on how to get blades easier? (I know where they are, Mooshu and Dragonspyre)

Part Two :): This is to two of my favorite characters in the game sry other teachers and characters but anyways Sir reginald Baxby how do I talk to you? Big game hunter? What is that? Oh and Dworygyn, my awesome Death teacher what spell made you get that hump because you look like that guy from the disney movie
P.S. For Dworygyn only what did you look like before you had a hump just describe no pics :)

Lucky i NEVER get pets as a boss drop i only get clothes :-(

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
nimbysep wrote:
Windlilly wrote:

diego teaches you how to duel but reginald is a mystery ... i like mysterys! :D

Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
i just got the life blade from Oyotomi in Village of Sorrow on my fire grandmaster wizard (i like you was sick of feeling silly with a wand) it took me about 10 goes to get it, i suggest you try him as before that i had tried Tomugawa for days and he would not give me the death sword!! so good luck :)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Silverstarr wrote:
i just got the life blade from Oyotomi in Village of Sorrow on my fire grandmaster wizard (i like you was sick of feeling silly with a wand) it took me about 10 goes to get it, i suggest you try him as before that i had tried Tomugawa for days and he would not give me the death sword!! so good luck :)

This is the best place to farm for your first blade, though it might not be as easy as just ten times. I've done this a couple of times, and the number of tries have ranged from a few dozen to close to a hundred battles. Not that gaining the monies from the loot and the XP isn't also a terrible thing.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
nimbysep wrote:
Windlilly wrote:

Omg he or she is talking bout the big game hunter thats a zebra the one that teaches you to duel IS THE ONE UNICORN ON UNICORN WAY SHE OR HE IS TALKING BOUT BIG GAME HUNTER AT GOLEM COURT .

p.s sorry my cat steps on my caps key with out me noticing.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Gamma wrote:

I thought Diego was a unicorn! he has a horn... and how do we talk to Baxby? He's so cool. I think he should be a teacher. like he teachs you the natural attack spell where u go in the middle and attack them!

Administrator
ifuseekamy wrote:

I thought Diego was a unicorn! he has a horn... and how do we talk to Baxby? He's so cool. I think he should be a teacher. like he teachs you the natural attack spell where u go in the middle and attack them!

You're Right! I need to get out of my tower more often. My apologies to Diego, he's a unicorn.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I noticed that Sir Baxby gave the game hint about engaging boss creatures to get special loot repeatedly. I got the hint when my newest level 5 wizard defeated his first boss, i think in unicorn way. Rattlebones if I recall.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Silverstarr wrote:

Tomugawa was very generous towards me, maybe it's a death thing? first time i beat him; death blade, and same with my second and third tries LOL

Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
there is no real true way to increase your chances of a boss dropping a wand/sword, but what i can help you with is the location of each of the best wands/swords in the game:

type-boss name-world-area-location of boss-time it took for me to get it

ice-homonculus-ds-drake hatchery-tower(1 floor)-1 week

fire-dean darkflame-ds-labyrinth-dungeon(at the end of the dungeon)-1st try

storm-hoarder-ds-drake hatchery-normal spawn(randomly appears as a frequent monster, but does not respawn fast)-1 month

balance-(not sure of name, but you fight him to retrieve the dean's cloak)-ds-labyrinth-dungeon(about midway through dungeon)-2 weeks

myth-avalanche-ds-drake hatchery-tower(1 floor)-1st try

death-soulsinger-ds-drake hatchery-tower(1 floor)-1 day

life-redwind-ds-drake hatchery-tower(has multiple floors)-1st try

good luck on getting them, it was a headache for me....

ps. here's a tip: equip a blade that is opposite of your school(eg. fire for ice wizard) that way you can get rid of weaknesses without losing your charms and traps. (if they shield for your school simply use a prism and make sure that you wand them if they have a shield for the opposite school that you will attack with) (eg. remove any death shields with a death wand, prism, boost, then attack) Its a bit difficult to understand but sooner or later you will understand. :D

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
If you are confusing Baxby for Diego, there is actually a Minigame on him called Dueling Diego. He is also outside of the PvP area, and he sells items to you and you have to give him arena tickets. You earn arena tickets by doing PvP.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
z189ack wrote:

at lvl 45 u can just buy swords from the bazaar.. and many bosses in mooshu drop swords that lvl 40's and up can use... (ex. jade oni) there are also bosses in ds that drop the swords that do 100 damage.. but you haveto be lvl 45.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
One i know where to get because i farmed Holumius and got the ice blade but idk if you wanna farm him because he is storm.

Defender
May 09, 2009
z189ack wrote:

k it seems a lot of people are stuck on talking about the second part but for the first part i found that its easer to get a DS sword from the homonculus and the horder. the first time i fought the horder i got her sword the first time. after that i left and continued quests until i was a grandmaster. i came back trying to get swords for my lower levels and i fought her for the second time and guess what! i got her sword again! two times in a row out of two duels, how lucky is that? by the way i think these to are both in the drakhatchery. and the homonculus sword i got it on my third try. you just have keep fighting the boss over and over. i'm still trying to get the myth sword from avalanch. you can also get the death sword from ivan soulsinger the balance sword is from the boss at the end of the laybrinth (KI could you make it so we dont have to go through the dungeon again just to fight that guy? couldnt you make like a skip so we can fight him faster?) there are a few others also but i'm just naming the ones that glow

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
When you said that Dworgyn looks like the guy from a disney movie, you were talking about the guy in the tower with the bell from the hunt-back of Notredame? I think so...

Uh... dude really you should be embarassed... you can buy blades in the bazaar in wizard city! Duh! I have like 10 blades all from the bazaar! If you are in DS you should know about Wizard City! Think twice!

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
z189ack wrote:

hey i am always getting blades and pets and i am only in krokotopia but i have three jade oni blades and a bunch of pets

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
leapardcat wrote:
z189ack wrote:

Lucky i NEVER get pets as a boss drop i only get clothes :-(

i got a blue ghost from general akillies