Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will we get our waterworks XP?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2011
I know its just a rumor, but say this, "New world" is a level cap increase, do you think we would get our xp for Waterworks and Tower of Helephant? You know, like the 70k xp we get from completing the tower of helephant, will it we reset so it thinks we never did the dungeon before or what? Thanks!

-Benjamin

Administrator
When you have reached the level cap, you will notice that your experience bar disappears. You do not receive any experience from quests and duels that you complete when you are level 60.

It is not mysteriously stored somewhere, it is simply not given to you. Players who are at the maximum level do not earn experience.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
friz2000 wrote:
I know its just a rumor, but say this, "New world" is a level cap increase, do you think we would get our xp for Waterworks and Tower of Helephant? You know, like the 70k xp we get from completing the tower of helephant, will it we reset so it thinks we never did the dungeon before or what? Thanks!

-Benjamin

No, it will not reset.

In order to get that xp when the level cap increases, you will have to have not completed the Waterworks over two times.

Each dungeon allows you to gain xp from quest twice only. The first time you complete it you get full experience. The second time you get half the experience. Third or more, you don't get any.

If you already completed Waterworks once, you might get half experience when the level cap is increased. If you have already gone through multiple times, you won't receive any. If you have never attempted it, you will get experience when the level cap increases.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
When you have reached the level cap, you will notice that your experience bar disappears. You do not receive any experience from quests and duels that you complete when you are level 60.

It is not mysteriously stored somewhere, it is simply not given to you. Players who are at the maximum level do not earn experience.
Then what is the point of you giving us XP for Tower Of the helephant and waterworks?

Survivor
May 29, 2011
Thank you for replying, but I said that if the level cap is increased from 60 to 70, wouldn't it be fair to reset the waterworks and Tower of the Helephhant xp? You know, like when you do a dungeon, you get full xp, then half xp, then no xp each time you do it? I was saying that if there is a level cap increase that requires Experience to level up, will we get the xp that we should of got from the dungeons? (Waterworks and Tower of the Helephant do give Experience) Thanks!

-Benjamin

Delver
Sep 22, 2010

I was wondering ....isn't Kingsisle worried that the people may lose interest once they each level 60....

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Why oh why, do some people only think about themselves?

Just because your character has reached Legendary and done the waterworks, does not mean everyone has...

The same went with Grandmaster, once you got enough xp, you lost the rest... Now, the same goes for Legendary... When the level cap increases, those that dont have legendaries, will get xp from this dungeon... Ever think about not turning in quests? You can still get mega xp by not turning it in...

Dont worry though, as always, KI will ensure, when the level cap is raised, there will be plenty of xp to reach the next level cap...

So please, for the sake of others, quit whining about the small stuff!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:

Then what is the point of you giving us XP for Tower Of the helephant and waterworks?

Because it is already coded for those wizards that will attempt it, after the level cap increases.

Survivor
May 29, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Just because your character has reached Legendary and done the waterworks, does not mean everyone has...

The same went with Grandmaster, once you got enough xp, you lost the rest... Now, the same goes for Legendary... When the level cap increases, those that dont have legendaries, will get xp from this dungeon... Ever think about not turning in quests? You can still get mega xp by not turning it in...

Dont worry though, as always, KI will ensure, when the level cap is raised, there will be plenty of xp to reach the next level cap...

Thanks guys for all helping me out!

As for the post I quoted, Im not thinking of myself, there are thousands of Legendary Wizards out there who pay money to just get acess to tower of the helephant, and they deserve the xp from it also if they pay thier own money for it, just like I do.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
70,000 XP? Wow! I didn't know Tower of the Helephant gave out that much! Anyways, I think that the Waterworks XP and Tower of the Helephant XP will be recieved once KingsIsle comes up with a new level cap.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
friz2000 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Thanks guys for all helping me out!

As for the post I quoted, Im not thinking of myself, there are thousands of Legendary Wizards out there who pay money to just get acess to tower of the helephant, and they deserve the xp from it also if they pay thier own money for it, just like I do.

Woah nilly, better stop questin b4 ya lose all dat xp... After all, ya payn for it... Ya deserves it... So, lets just stop an wait till they release new stuff and raise yonder levelin cap!

Calm down, I know what I pay for, so does everyone else... It is simple, do your quests, don't turn them in, you still get mega xp that way! No matter what, you will be legendary before you finish Celestia, unless you dont do WT or any side quest at all...

There is plenty of XP now, an abundance mroe that is needed! And there will be plenty more when the new world is released and level caps are raised... So, just hold on to your little horse, because you aint missing much!

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Rihanna12 wrote:
70,000 XP? Wow! I didn't know Tower of the Helephant gave out that much! Anyways, I think that the Waterworks XP and Tower of the Helephant XP will be recieved once KingsIsle comes up with a new level cap.

Sorry, but as the professor stated, if you've done these dungeons and turned them in and you are legend, you will not get that xp when the lvl cap increases. I went thru the waterworks with someone the other week, and luckily I remembered NOT to turn in this quest when I finished it. I'm holding on to it until after the cap increase (if they increase it and hopefully they do soon) I havent had the chance to do tower of helephant because I have no one to help, but if I get it done, I'm not turning in that quest either. I've stopped questing in DS all together and will just craft, garden and help others until they decide to raise the cap. I refuse to quest and not gain xp. And since it is not stored somewhere to be added to your player once the cap is increased, I'm not passing up all my xp. Who knows how long it will be till I get to CL now. And my life student who is lvl 56 and just finished marleybone, she will stop questing at legend no matter where she is. It requires massive amounts of xp to level up after grandmaster and I'm not about to pass up any xp. Will just spend the time leveling up my other 9 students until the cap increases :) Need to do this anyhow for the pet hatchings :)