Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Connecting to Server" problems

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
At home I can play Wizard101 just fine. However, when I try to play it on my laptop in a public location such as my college, I can only go as far as the character selection screen and select a Wizard before being forced into the "Connecting to Server" screen. It will black out and tell me I lost connection to the server, I click "OK", and it is basically frozen for another minute and then tells me it is unable to connect to the server and forces me to quit...No Error Message Code or anything.

I don't know how I'd be able to fix such a problem. Any ideas?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Is there enough bandwidth at that public location? Sounds like the hardware is fine, just not enough internet. The wireless access point your connecting to may not offer the speed/load that Wizard101 requires. Have you tried connecting at a different access point (preferrably a different ISP).

Colleges are notorious for low bandwidth due to all the students trying to download videos/music without using their own private ISP.