Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is your favorite hoard pack

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
mine is the nightmare hoard even though i am ice
i have a death novice wizard to so when she gets up to level 40 then i can give her my gear from the pack

also it comes with awesome mounts
so far pernament bat wings and pernament nightmare mount

and so so much more like pets, teleporter artwork, and ect

this pack is awesome and is worth the crown drainage

so tell me what is your favorite hoard pack

and give some reasons why

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
My favorite one, will be the one that doesn't come with any temporary mounts.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
kingurz wrote:

ok i understand but come on isnt there one that just is your favorite

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Mine is most definately NOT the Nightmare pack. OF course you must "gamble" with your crowns to get certain items from theses packs, but I have now spent over $50 (bought at the discounted 60,000 for $60 rate) and still have not received the Nightmare mount.

I have never had to spend this much money to still not receive the mount. Very frustrating. BUT, to answer the initial question now that I have vented my frustrations, I prefer the Dragon Hoard pack. The gear is great and the Bone Dragon mount is my favorite mount in the game.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
The most intense crown buying and pack opening experience came of course from the Nightmare pack. Not even the Wyvern's Hoard pack came close to that kind of action.

Not to mention, the coolest armor in the game that I have seen so far, the Grimwraith Umbral armor, comes from that pack!

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
I'm with CFDaddy...I finally got my Nightmare after spending upwards of 86,000 Crowns! But at least the items were compatible with my home, so it wasn't a total loss. I guess I could say it's my favorite pack, but really, that's only because the items it provides are good for the wizard I am using now (a Necromancer)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, the black hood with the red eyes, is one of the coolest looking hats in the game and even the wand is wicked looking... Wish they would have sold them at the crown shop, I am sure they would have made a fortune, especially if you could dye it with the colors you wanted... White with black eyes, or light blue with purple eyes... etc...

That is about the only thing I liked about the nightmare packs...

Now, the DragonHoard pack, I loved the dragonwings mount, the sword looks too awesome...

Did not like anything about the wyvern packs, did not buy a single pack!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
kingurz wrote:

ok i understand but come on isnt there one that just is your favorite

I will admit. The Nightmare Pack seemed to have more goodies on average than the others. But that may have been only my perception and luck.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
The most intense crown buying and pack opening experience came of course from the Nightmare pack. Not even the Wyvern's Hoard pack came close to that kind of action.

Not to mention, the coolest armor in the game that I have seen so far, the Grimwraith Umbral armor, comes from that pack!

The nightmare pack is so popular because it's only around for a temporary amount of time.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
moogirl45 wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

The nightmare pack is so popular because it's only around for a temporary amount of time.

not true its got tons of sweet pets and i even got permanent bat wings and a nightmare with only a few packs
that is why its popular and its most likely coming next year as well so its not like gone for good after this month

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Favorite, now that's complicated. LEAST favorite, a different story. My lest favorite is the first dragon's hoard pack.