Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Balance Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 15, 2011

I already posted this in another thread, so sorry for the double post, but figured it may be better served in its own thread. Plus, I have some additional thoughts.

Basically a Balance spell that does something like 100-125 Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life, and Death plus 150-190 Balance damage. I have an idea for the graphic or minion, too.

A little like Judgement but with six wings a Red wing (fire) Purple wing (etc.) Blue wing Black wing Green wing and Yellow wing. Each wing emits a ray of its colors light at opponent to do the attack and with all the wings lit up, focused on opponent, then she does the regular Judgement attack.

Single enemy attack.

Spell name: Apocalypse?
Spell cost: 8 or 9 pips (8, maybe, if lower damage, because think of how Sandstorm/Spectral Blast cost the same pipwise. Well, just so with this idea and Ra?)

Another idea: Judgement Minion. Like Helpful Mander but way better :-o

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
jojowild23 wrote:

Fair enough. For me part of the reason is that it is at times too easy to shield a Balance in PvP and a simple Spirit attack for balance will just mean that people stock some extra Legend/Dream shields for balance (three out of seven schools can naturally do this anyway).

Also, I had a feeling it as a spell is most in-line with this quote: "It [Balance School] draws on elements from each of the other schools, incorporating bits and pieces of those other energies to achieve greater power." What is more in the spirit of the Balance school? Although, yes I realize the key word may be "elements" and the metaphor about the Engine that follows that quote probably refers mostly to Fire Storm and Ice.

I just think it would be cool. Thanks for sharing your opinion though.

PvP of course has something to do with this. I don't play PvP and its existence annoys me to no end because it usually is the reason why we can't have "nice things". I think that coming up with spells to benefit in PvP completely defeats the purpose of Wizard101 since PvP is an extracurricular. Plus, there's always gonna be something in PvP.

Your other point made me happy to see you were really paying attention. You reminded of some things about Balance that I had completely forgotten. You do have a point, so a spell that involves all the schools might be possible. However, I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon. A spell the strong would have to wait until the end of the game I'd think. We'd need some Spiritual versions of our Elemental spells first though. I came up with a couple of possible Spiritual spells, which are listed here:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/35328.ftl

The thread is locked for some reason though, so you can't comment directly on them.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

Fair enough. For me part of the reason is that it is at times too easy to shield a Balance in PvP and a simple Spirit attack for balance will just mean that people stock some extra Legend/Dream shields for balance (three out of seven schools can naturally do this anyway).

Also, I had a feeling it as a spell is most in-line with this quote: "It [Balance School] draws on elements from each of the other schools, incorporating bits and pieces of those other energies to achieve greater power." What is more in the spirit of the Balance school? Although, yes I realize the key word may be "elements" and the metaphor about the Engine that follows that quote probably refers mostly to Fire Storm and Ice.

I just think it would be cool. Thanks for sharing your opinion though.

PvP of course has something to do with this. I don't play PvP and its existence annoys me to no end because it usually is the reason why we can't have "nice things". I think that coming up with spells to benefit in PvP completely defeats the purpose of Wizard101 since PvP is an extracurricular. Plus, there's always gonna be something in PvP.

Your other point made me happy to see you were really paying attention. You reminded of some things about Balance that I had completely forgotten. You do have a point, so a spell that involves all the schools might be possible. However, I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon. A spell the strong would have to wait until the end of the game I'd think. We'd need some Spiritual versions of our Elemental spells first though. I came up with a couple of possible Spiritual spells, which are listed here:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/35328.ftl

The thread is locked for some reason though, so you can't comment directly on them.

I actually think it might be a fun PvE spell as well. The one thing that does concern me is if it would be too powerful. It wouldn't be fun for more if Balance had a spell that just made it overpower people. One of the things I enjoy about Balance (PvP, PvE alike) is not being quite so powerful as the other guy but finding a way to win. I was thinking more along the lines of adding another competitive edge to the arsenal.

My other thought is if there is a level cap increase everybody else is just going to get more powerful with more powerful spells, so is this a viable way to Balance to stay in-line?

Again, thanks for sharing your opinion, much appreciated.