Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

secondary for ice will it be death or storm

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ok so i am a level 43 wizard named Destiny iceflame
and was wondering what secondary do i now switch to after buying my points back the next time

death or storm

i like both because they call be feirce in battle and really are handy for a secondary

i will buy a master amulet someday after i pick one

so here are why i like each

death helps my type because i can easily take hits so feint will be a win win
storm helps my type because with all those heavy hitting storm attacks and with my shields i am really tough to take down

so death or storm

Adherent
May 20, 2010
In my opinion, choosing a single secondary school for attack is a waste, even with Mastery Amulets. Without school buffs (i.e. Stormblade), the spells lose a lot of their potency, and the best spells are usually those confined to wizards in that school.

Better is to choose spells from various schools, such as the Elemental Blade and Trap, Feint, Reshuffle, etc.

If you have to choose one of the two you named, you might go with Death, since that will get you Feint. You might also train Life up to Satyr and get the Life Mastery Amulet. That will include 70% shields against Spirit attacks and a strong healing spell, making you tough for an enemy to take down.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
colagada wrote:
In my opinion, choosing a single secondary school for attack is a waste, even with Mastery Amulets. Without school buffs (i.e. Stormblade), the spells lose a lot of their potency, and the best spells are usually those confined to wizards in that school.

Better is to choose spells from various schools, such as the Elemental Blade and Trap, Feint, Reshuffle, etc.

If you have to choose one of the two you named, you might go with Death, since that will get you Feint. You might also train Life up to Satyr and get the Life Mastery Amulet. That will include 70% shields against Spirit attacks and a strong healing spell, making you tough for an enemy to take down.

i already have a life master amulet and i use to have life for my secondary

but now i want to focus on a powerful secondary in terms of power
death because i have robes for death
storm for raw power

people pls remember this isnt always for pvp and dont say death to feint or life to satyr
i dont use that method for pvp

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Well, I don't think the Death for Feint and Life for Satyr is a PvP thing, I think that is almost the general idea behind all wizards' decks.

Death for Feint.
Ice for Tower Shield.
Life for Satyr.
Balance for Elemental/Spirit Blade/Traps.
Astral for Empowerment/Amplify, etc.
Astral for those attack boosting cards. (Whatever they are called.)

Now, since you are an Ice wizard, you don't have to worry about spending 5 points in Ice school for Tower Shield. You'll get it naturally.

Now, those 5 you choose to save, or the points you choose to save by not spending points in Astral or Balance, will give you enough points to train all the Storm spells.

There you go. Storm. If you decide to further your death training (which you have mostly done anyway while training for Feint) you can simply spend another point or so on Wraith.

Simply, no major decision is needed to be made. One thing I would consider though. Elemental Blade covers both Storm and Ice at the same time. If you choose Death as a secondary, you will not get a blade unless you train in the additional Spirit Blade, which will not affect your Ice attacks.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
colagada wrote:

storm for raw power

people pls remember this isnt always for pvp and dont say death to feint or life to satyr

Well, if you are not using it for pvp, and dont mind losing resistance, the ice storm one is not bad... They even have gear with storm lord now...

Also, the Evil Magma Peas, they constantly drop Triton treasure cards, so you can be a pretty powerful ice storm wizard, although, having a feint, is always nice...

As far as Life to Satyr, you can always buy enough healing spells at the bazaar, you just have to be quick and farm there to get them!

Champion
May 03, 2011
With my first wizard, a Myth, I had a "secondary school"--Life. I trained it all the way up to Sanctuary the first time. I realized this was dumb pretty quickly, bought back my points, and trained up to Satyr, with a mastery amulet. This worked pretty well up till GM level. I liked the healing, used Satyr quite a lot. Once I got to Celestia, this whole strategy became less impressive. In order to survive against mobs there, I needed to get in and out fast. No time for healing pips, even with the amulet. I took off the amulet, put on one that gave me a little more health and some shields (which I almost never use). I found that having a few different school spells--Tower from Ice, Sun spells, Star auras, and Weakness for longer battles was much more useful. My Storm, currently in KT, has no "second school." She trained Ice to Tower, and that's it for now. If I do train any life spells, I will stop at Sprite. It's only one pip, and helps quite enough to get me through a tough spot. (Also my Storm's pet has spritely, and that helps, too.) Now my Life wiz, currently in Mooshu, just got Centaur. That's all she's going to get for attacks till level 58, so I chose Death for her second, got an amulet. I also have a Nightmare that gives Death Proof and Unicorn, so she's set for now. But I imagine after she gets Forest Lord, I may sell back some of those points. Oh, and my Death got Sun, Star, and Ice to Tower. That's it--she's soloed the game pretty much exclusively with no problem. Death is an easy school...

I don't PvP, by the way--I guess my point is that a "second school" made sense for me with my two less powerful wizards (Life and Myth) up to a point, but at the higher levels you really don't need those level 33-42 second school spells. They waste space in your deck, mostly. So you may end up picking a second now, and buying back points again later...depending on your play style.

But I guess if you really want a second, I wouldn't pick Storm. I use a lot of Keen Eyes with mine--otherwise it's fizz city.

Tabitha

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
Hi I am a legendary ice and I'll give you my two cents on the topic. I trained fire as my second school and then life as my third and finally star once the astral schools were released in Celestia. Now that I'm level 60 I find that I almost never use my fire spells. For one thing the level 50 and above gear you will start receiving for ice is generally geared towards boosting your ice spell damage. I have found that using life as my secondary with a master amulet has really saved me as well as my group during the higher level boss fights. i'm not saying that I don't like to go on the offensive and let loose with some frost giants and snow angels because I do that as well but no matter how high you boost your spells it will never reach a leviathon or efreet or medusa. By choosing any of those schools as a second you will never receive the top spells. The highest I got on fire was helephant which is really no better than collosus. i wasn't allowed to get the dragon or the efreet, therefore i would reccomend that you use balance, life or maybe one of the astral schools as your secondary. Balance would give you the extra blades and traps to boost your ice spells. Life makes you literally a tank. Oh and by the way your upper level ice pets do not come with spritely, or at least none of mine did. You may be able to breed it in or you could choose a different pet that does have spritely but that is another reason why I carry about half of my cards as healing and the other are damage or damage boosting cards. I do envy the amount of damage that a strong storm does but heck half the time he wouldn't survive to get enough pips without my healing him or going first in the battle to absorb most of the damage.

Like I said just my two cents on the subject. I don't do PVP and I completed most of the game solo so I'm pretty content with my choices.

Jenna Dragonsong
Legendary Ice

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Well, I don't think the Death for Feint and Life for Satyr is a PvP thing, I think that is almost the general idea behind all wizards' decks.

Death for Feint.
Ice for Tower Shield.
Life for Satyr.
Balance for Elemental/Spirit Blade/Traps.
Astral for Empowerment/Amplify, etc.
Astral for those attack boosting cards. (Whatever they are called.)

Now, since you are an Ice wizard, you don't have to worry about spending 5 points in Ice school for Tower Shield. You'll get it naturally.

Now, those 5 you choose to save, or the points you choose to save by not spending points in Astral or Balance, will give you enough points to train all the Storm spells.

There you go. Storm. If you decide to further your death training (which you have mostly done anyway while training for Feint) you can simply spend another point or so on Wraith.

Simply, no major decision is needed to be made. One thing I would consider though. Elemental Blade covers both Storm and Ice at the same time. If you choose Death as a secondary, you will not get a blade unless you train in the additional Spirit Blade, which will not affect your Ice attacks.

ok thnx everybody i have decided that storm shall be my new secondary
and to shiningfantasia i dont have death secondary right now when i said robes for death i mean the wraith set without the head part

so farewell look for new topics by me
Destiny iceflame ( thaumaviner )

Defender
May 17, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
colagada wrote:

storm for raw power

death or storm? hard, but death

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
laulenak wrote:
grvy123 wrote:
colagada wrote:

storm for raw power

death or storm? hard, but death

lol i already picked its gonna be storm

Adherent
May 20, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
colagada wrote:

storm for raw power

Where did my post say anything about PvP?

Defender
May 18, 2009
I prefer storm. I have a legendary thaumaturge and it is very handy when there are high lvl enemies. Plus, the elemental blade goes with ice and storm, so you're killing two birds with one stone. But death also has its medium damage and half healing, but it does not work as well as a death student with blades and traps. So which is the greatest? YOU DECIDE! :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
colagada wrote:
grvy123 wrote:
colagada wrote:

storm for raw power

Your post didn't state anything about PvP Colagada, but some people assume that because truly the best setup for ice is Death to Feint and Life to Satyr, that you must be referring to the PvP scenario...

Some people for some reason, just think that ice will be so much better with storm spells, but again, it will always lack the power of storm... Ice is very powerful and stands on it's own, if the player knows how to play ice!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
colagada wrote:
grvy123 wrote:
colagada wrote:

storm for raw power

when i think death to feint
life to satyr
ice to tower
i think pvp method

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
My ice wizard has death to wraith, life to sprite. Love it.