Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Recommended internet speed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
Wizard101 lags really really bad on my pc. What internet speeds does wizard101 recommend to make playing more enjoyable?

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
jacobcady wrote:
Wizard101 lags really really bad on my pc. What internet speeds does wizard101 recommend to make playing more enjoyable?

The game has always been lagging, they have upgraded their servers but the game is always lagging. I have around 20- 30mpbs of speed and I still lag, I wish us paying customers could get better performance...

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I am not sure of the internet speed. I have DSL (rural area with very few options) and it works fine for me without any lag. Before getting DSL I had satellite internet. During peak hours (evenings) I could not play because the lag was so bad.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not sure about the right speed, but cable/DSL is usually your best bet for constantly streaming. Satellite will work, but satellite has a history of delay. You get all the internet traffic, however, satellite brings in a bigger pipe, but at a slower rate. Timing games are most affected by satellite.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Cable internet here and no lagg what so ever....

although i had cable internet on a weaker computer and had lagg...bought a brand new dell and WHAMMM no laggg.... so i guess what i am trying to say is Lagg has alot of factors...., Connection.... Gamecard(Graphic card) .... and just plain oh ram speed (how much your computer can take in at one time)....

hope that helps....

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
jacobcady wrote:

Even the slowest DSL speeds would be sufficient, but Cable/Optical is the best all around value/performance