Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The one thing that NEEDS to change in pvp

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
pvp isn't part of the storyline. PvP is just player vrs player, skill vrs. skill.

In the storyline we're supposed to be mages learning how to control spells.

Fizzle is a good way of showing a mage who doesn't know much about the spell learning how to cast it, failing that casting less and less.

Fizzle does NOT belong in pvp.

Far too many times, a match is won or lost simply because of Fizzle. The better player loses, not because of skill problems, or strategy problems, but because the game decided his spell wouldn't work problems.

There are a number of things that need to be redesigned to make ranked pvp work better, but that aren't much of an issue in non-ranked pvp.

Fizzle breaks both ranked AND non-ranked pvp.

Fizzle NEEDS to go away in pvp.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
pvp isn't part of the storyline. PvP is just player vrs player, skill vrs. skill.

In the storyline we're supposed to be mages learning how to control spells.

Fizzle is a good way of showing a mage who doesn't know much about the spell learning how to cast it, failing that casting less and less.

Fizzle does NOT belong in pvp.

Far too many times, a match is won or lost simply because of Fizzle. The better player loses, not because of skill problems, or strategy problems, but because the game decided his spell wouldn't work problems.

There are a number of things that need to be redesigned to make ranked pvp work better, but that aren't much of an issue in non-ranked pvp.

Fizzle breaks both ranked AND non-ranked pvp.

Fizzle NEEDS to go away in pvp.

no it doesnt ya know why
because then every spell with really high power but not so much accurasy
will hit all the time
take the storm and life 58 pet for example
60% hit rate on life one and 40% for the other
now will ya want them to be hitting every single time or be hit by every attack

no with a capital NO
fizzles can save your life and sometimes make defeat
but ya can counter fizzles
hit rate increasing sun spells
hit rate increasing star spells
the lightning strike card storms get early

must i say more

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Honestly, I think this is a repeated post.

Last time you brought this up, you said much the same things, and ended up with much the same negative results.

Fizzling is not a good way to show that a mage doesn't know a spell as well as they could. You could hit an opponent a hundred times with a spell and it'd still fizzle afterwards.

Failing the casting less and less is often due to gear, not skill. It can take skill to get gear, but there's really more luck and time necessary for it. I.E. farming Waterworks, the Onis, Lord Nightshade, pretty much every other boss with decent gear, ...

A match is often won or lost because of fizzle, you write. Not quite. What level are you? I would understand this from a low level Diviner who's had a bad day at PvP, but Storm (and fire) can get great (accuracy giving) gear from Waterworks if they have the time.

Fizzle does belong in PvP. Without it, lower level Fire and Storm wizards would wreak havoc in lower level PvP. Health isn't that much of an issue. The difference between a Diviner and a Thaumaturge at the same level using the same gear is around 200. Fizzle is the only thing to keep them in check then.

The one thing I agree with you about in this post is that many things do need to be redesigned in PvP. But not fizzling.