Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispels... A PvPer's Bane...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Reasons why Dispels need to be reworked:

1. They are completely one-sided to the team going first. The fact that dispels can (if you are going first) without anyway for the other team to react, take away a total of 8 pips for 2, you can see why this would be a serious problem... I PvP quite often... and in my opinion, if I had to state the one thing about PvP that upset me the most, it would be dispels.

2. They should at least be 3 pips... The fact that a SINGLE person, can chain dispels, is a serious problem.... if you are able to lock down a team's healer by casting entangle, entangle, entangle without ever running out of pips is wrong (yes, I realize you have to get power pips over and over to keep chaining and you must have the life mastery amulet if you are not life... but most "experienced" PvPers are able to get these with no problem)

3.100%? Honestly, if all dispels had a 60% accuracy, I think the problem would be fixed... as simple as that.... It would cause people to be more hesitant when casting them, and would AT LEAST give the second team a chance...

Answer to Respones I am sure to get:

1. Yes, I realize you have to time a dispel to work right for it to wreck the 2nd team, but most experienced PvPers have gained the ability to accurately anticipate when a spell will be cast...

2. Yes, I realize that if you are "smarter" with what spells you cast this won't happen... but that is easier said then done...

3. I know that you can't "chain" life dispels without being life or having a life mastery and you must get power pips every turn... but since usually this is a problem with legends, most legends get power pips (70% to 100%) and have a life mastery amulet...

Thanks everyone for reading... and I hope KI sees the severity of this issue...

Champion
Jul 30, 2010

3.100%? Honestly, if all dispels had a 60% accuracy, I think the problem would be fixed... as simple as that.... It would cause people to be more hesitant when casting them, and would AT LEAST give the second team a chance...

if they had a 60% accuracy it would be to much like smoke screen and black mantle

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Really?

Ever hear of a spell in pvp, called Cloak? Check it out, it may be the answer to your so called "UnFair" theory!

Sorry, but if this is just a complaint and not one to take seriously, if you don't like dispels, don't use them... Don't want them used against you, don't Pvp...

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
2. Yes, I realize that if you are "smarter" with what spells you cast this won't happen... but that is easier said then done...

To most people reading that, it can be translated into
"I'm too lazy to be smarter with my spells."

Read it yourself and think about it.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Sorry, but I don't agree with your idea here. It's hard to be on the recieving team when it comes to dispels, but I think it should stay the way it is now.